BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gordon Brown

You are completely correct. There is no-one in that party who can 'fight' for their liberal values. The government has destroyed so many civil liberties, and none of them seemed willing or able to stand and make speeches that would rouse the dead to act. However, Vince Cable was quite witty with his efforts in PM Questions.

David Cameron will be the next PM, barring death or some sex scandal involving a 10 year old boy, a Tapir and a 1989/90 Panini sticker album. Gordon's economic policy has meant we've ____sed any profits up against the wall with silly schemes and intiatives. The problem is that there are now no-one in the labour party of any real stature. Geoff Hoon, David Blunkett, Alan Milburn, Jack Straw, Reid and Clarke are all spent forces tarnished with what has gone wrong over the years. Milliband, Milliband (there are two of them aren't there?), Benn and Harmann are all either political midgets or simply unknown. I can't think of a viable option to stand against Brown.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I only saw a bit of it but he appeared completely insincere.

btw His interview gaff over pensions after was hilarious! The silvertop vote is prob about the single biggest voting group of people and he's effectively stated that he is completely oblivious to and clearly not bothered about their situation at all! I bet Jim's apoplectic! Clegg seems to be a bigger public school ponce than Cameron by far! 30 quid! :lol:

That comment will come back to haunt the to$$er in years to come (Clegg that is...) .

It's almost unbelievable that a professional politician would be so ignorant . Nobody expects then to care about the pensioners income ...but at least they should know roughly what it is . Tw^ts the lot of them ....

That comment will come back to haunt the to$$er in years to come (Clegg that is...) .

It's almost unbelievable that a professional politician would be so ignorant . Nobody expects then to care about the pensioners income ...but at least they should know roughly what it is . Tw^ts the lot of them ....

I agree .... all that free bus pass, fee prescriptions and free TV licence stuff? Does my bloody head in Phil..... I take it your all time favourite film is bladerunner... right?

:D

Moe off of The Simpsons ...

A Tapir?

• 4 weeks later...

What's the matter Gordon ? Worried your namesake is taking a lead role in solving the world economic turmoil and has cut the Tory poll ratings in half while feeble Call Me Dave dithers and mumbles from the sidelines ? :lol:

What's the matter Gordon ? Worried your namesake is taking a lead role in solving the world economic turmoil and has cut the Tory poll ratings in half while feeble Call Me Dave dithers and mumbles from the sidelines ? :lol:

And you'd have courted Mandelson back to stand behind you in the same situation would you John?

Lauding Brown for leading the rescue of the world's economy is a bit like praising an arsonist for throwing a bucket of water on a fire he just started .

Brown is doomed . So is the sham of a party he "leads" .

Making Mandelson a lord and bringing him into the cabinet ! Is that the action of a man with a political future ? :lol:

Am I the only one who thinks that despite how "unpopular" he is and how little spin he does, he's twice as charismatic and likeable as Dave "Hoodie" Cameron?

I can't agree. Even if you don't agree with Cameron's policies i think most would agree he does have this charisma/aura about him, certainly far more than Brown.

Laughing my head off at the moment at this Labour “resurgence” in the polls. The man who caused a great deal of the financial problems Britain has today coming out with this BS about him being best able to sort it out, is ridiculous.

If Labour continue to close the gap and get another term then you have to question the sanity or intelligence of the voters today. Have they been in some sort of closed isolation the past 11 years? Or an alternate universe? :lol::rolleyes:

I can't agree. Even if you don't agree with Cameron's policies i think most would agree he does have this charisma/aura about him, certainly far more than Brown.

Give it a rest.

Call Me Dave doesn't have any policies , so there's nothing to disagree with. .... and he talks in a posh Eton accent and has a nice hair-do. Is that "charisma" ? I don't think so.

Cameron has been conspicuous by the his absence during the cataclysmic financial events of the past fortnight because he's out of his depth. If he is elected PM in 2010 it will only be by default because of the swing of the political pendulum.

Gordon and Tony are/were the best prime ministers Tory supporters ever had.

Laughing my head off at the moment at this Labour “resurgence” in the polls. The man who caused a great deal of the financial problems Britain has today coming out with this BS about him being best able to sort it out, is ridiculous.

If Labour continue to close the gap and get another term then you have to question the sanity or intelligence of the voters today. Have they been in some sort of closed isolation the past 11 years? Or an alternate universe? :lol::rolleyes:

I'm sure there are enough voters who remember what it was like under the Tories to make them hesitate at least when polling day comes. The terrible thing is that the current lot may be pretty dreadful but they'll look like Gods next to a Conservative majority.

I'm not a fan of Brown or New Labour, but I find Cameron and his vacuous personality even more nauseating than Blair. He seems like a nice enough bloke but he's about as inspiring as a Presbyterian picnic.

Labour will close the gap and the question has to be where have you been living for the past 11 years? I can't say I've noticed too many complaining while the country gorged itself on a mountain of debt, created by the city and the banks and not, as some would have us believe, the Labour party. Yes of course Labour allowed the banks to be creative in what we now know to be a disastrous way but can anyone truely say the Tories would have been any different? I'm sure Dave would have had a chat with Norman Lamont and taken his advice.

It's very easy and far too simplistic to blame Brown, Blair and Labour for the current crisis. One only has to look at the levels of personal, non-mortgage, debt in the UK to realise millions here, and around the world, have been very happy to take the cheap credit but it now turns out there's no such thing as a free lunch. Sure Labour have some culpability but to attempt to lay this all Brown's door is very uninformed and ignores the way our society has functioned for years under both parties.

If one borrows more than one can repay whose fault is that?

Give it a rest.

Call Me Dave doesn't have any policies , so there's nothing to disagree with. .... and he talks in a posh Eton accent and has a nice hair-do. Is that "charisma" ? I don't think so.

Cameron has been conspicuous by the his absence during the cataclysmic financial events of the past fortnight because he's out of his depth. If he is elected PM in 2010 it will only be by default because of the swing of the political pendulum.

Gordon and Tony are/were the best prime ministers Tory supporters ever had.

I very rarley comment on politic threads but "dave" comes across as a right smug winker.He reminds me of the telly charactor who when he smiles get a big bing and flash on his teeth.

If the government spends all of its revenue receipts, sells gold at the bottom of the market, and then has beggar all left in the coffers when times are tough, then whose fault is that?

If you're not attributing blame, at least partially, to Gordon Brown, then you must be at the same stuff Scotch Rover has been necking.

Make no mistake we're well up the swanny, and I can't see Labour catching up with such a pessimistic mood prevailing.

Been looking at how low these bank share prices have fallen and I think that Governments/tax payers are on a win-win.

If the financial ststem is so jiggered, Governments do not see their share prices grow then at least State intervention means a significant part of the banking system can be run on social lines and the worst affects of the credit bust ameleorated.

If the derivatives markets are unravelled to show zero sum less the £100 billion bankers in London and the US paid themselves, then the chances are when the economy recovers and the banks are returned to private ownership, the Government will make a very decent profit for the tax payers on all the advances and equity positions it has spent the money on.

Labour will close the gap and the question has to be where have you been living for the past 11 years? I can't say I've noticed too many complaining while the country gorged itself on a mountain of debt, created by the city and the banks and not, as some would have us believe, the Labour party. Yes of course Labour allowed the banks to be creative in what we now know to be a disastrous way but can anyone truely say the Tories would have been any different? I'm sure Dave would have had a chat with Norman Lamont and taken his advice.

It's very easy and far too simplistic to blame Brown, Blair and Labour for the current crisis. One only has to look at the levels of personal, non-mortgage, debt in the UK to realise millions here, and around the world, have been very happy to take the cheap credit but it now turns out there's no such thing as a free lunch. Sure Labour have some culpability but to attempt to lay this all Brown's door is very uninformed and ignores the way our society has functioned for years under both parties.

Absolute Labour spun bunkum. The Globe has enjoyed 11 years of growth- mainly due to the growth of the Chinese, Indian and to a lesser extent Russian economies. We know have the largest economic deficit of any nation in the world in terms of GNP against national debt.

Apart from making the Bank of England independent- I really can’t think of economic policy that has really contributed to sustained growth.

As for your last comment- people have borrowed to much- however, what do you expect when the government has done the same? Where is the surplus cash from the last 11 years of boom?

As for your turgid defence of Brown- If you source the internet you will find evidence that Brown was warned several years back about toxic debt and the situation with sub-primes instead of acting with this – he plotted to overthrow his mate Tony.

I really don’t understand what New Labour actually has to do to get voted out- because they have systematically all but ruined every element of this nation.

Absolute Labour spun bunkum. The Globe has enjoyed 11 years of growth- mainly due to the growth of the Chinese, Indian and to a lesser extent Russian economies. We know have the largest economic deficit of any nation in the world in terms of GNP against national debt.

Apart from making the Bank of England independent- I really can’t think of economic policy that has really contributed to sustained growth.

As for your last comment- people have borrowed to much- however, what do you expect when the government has done the same? Where is the surplus cash from the last 11 years of boom?

As for your turgid defence of Brown- If you source the internet you will find evidence that Brown was warned several years back about toxic debt and the situation with sub-primes instead of acting with this – he plotted to overthrow his mate Tony.

I really don’t understand what New Labour actually has to do to get voted out- because they have systematically all but ruined every element of this nation.

The tories ruined every dam elemant of this nation when they where in power from 1979 to 1997. They where a true laughing stock. Labour have sorted it out and yes before you start iam happy to battle this one out with you.

Its a fact through satistics and general knowledge that this country has got better under Labour since 1997 and you know it!!!!

So you would advocate people organise their lives on the basis of copying the actions of others, including the government? Hmmm... personally I like to make my own decisions and I certainly am not so stupid as to think that if the government borrows money it's OK for me to do so. Consequently I have zero debt, not even a mortgage.

As for the rest of the post it's absolute anti-Labour spun bunkum as usual because you don't bother to read what is posted. I'm not especially defending Brown, a politician I have repeatedly stated I distrust, but I am pointing out it is ridiculous to place the blame for the current global situation entirely at the feet of Blair, Brown and Labour. Trying reading what is written rather than what you would like to think iswritten.

You think the Tories would have heeded the warnings Brown ignored? You believe the Tories would have curtailed the dishonest lending practices created by the city and the banks? You think the Tories would have salted away a few bob for a rainy day when we all know it would have gone on tax cuts? Neither party could or would have prevented this crisis which is why blaming Labour because one doesn't like the government is rather uninformed.

So you would advocate people organise their lives on the basis of copying the actions of others, including the government? Hmmm... personally I like to make my own decisions and I certainly am not so stupid as to think that if the government borrows money it's OK for me to do so. Consequently I have zero debt, not even a mortgage.

As for the rest of the post it's absolute anti-Labour spun bunkum as usual because you don't bother to read what is posted. I'm not especially defending Brown, a politician I have repeatedly stated I distrust, but I am pointing out it is ridiculous to place the blame for the current global situation entirely at the feet of Blair, Brown and Labour. Trying reading what is written rather than what you would like to think iswritten.

You think the Tories would have heeded the warnings Brown ignored? You believe the Tories would have curtailed the dishonest lending practices created by the city and the banks? You think the Tories would have salted away a few bob for a rainy day when we all know it would have gone on tax cuts? Neither party could or would have prevented this crisis which is why blaming Labour because one doesn't like the government is rather uninformed.

Well said and how many recessions do you think the Tories would of taken us into by now "bazza" if they had of been in power for the last ten years which thank god they wern't

Well said and how many recessions do you think the Tories would of taken us into by now "bazza" if they had of been in power for the last ten years which thank god they wern't

You have the intellect of a knat Scotch. Labour have messed this country up - socialy, econmicaly , culturaly - I could go on.

As for posters such as Paul. We will see if your opinions onabour change when someone you are close to isduly affected by there woeful spending record. And yes I believe that if any other Chancelor had been in power- they would of acted before, Brown was preoccupied with overhrowing his mate Tony.

You are obviously too young to remember the last Tory Government.

New Labour has been a great disappointment but even in their twilight they are nowhere near the total shambolic wreck the Tory administration became following years of dogma-bound horror stories.

Thatcher certainly shook the structures of British Society to their foundations but the reality is she accelerated Britain's relative economic decline compared with the rest of Europe during her term in office. Put the Howe debacle of 1980/1 and the Lawson bust of 1990 into the graph and Britain's economic growth under her leadership averaged about 1% per annum- consistent with the 1970's.

You have the intellect of a knat Scotch. Labour have messed this country up - socialy, econmicaly , culturaly - I could go on.

As for posters such as Paul. We will see if your opinions onabour change when someone you are close to isduly affected by there woeful spending record. And yes I believe that if any other Chancelor had been in power- they would of acted before, Brown was preoccupied with overhrowing his mate Tony.

As for posters such as Paul? :lol: You need to get a little experience of life, as once again when challenged you walk awy from the discussion and resort to insulting others. I could happily point you to people who are close to me and duly affected by their "woeful" spending record. Would you like a list?

Socially, economically, culturally - in what way? Did you have a mortgage under Lamont? Did you try to raise a family under the Tories? Did you try to save for retirement under the Tories? Of course Labour have not achieved some of what we hoped for but they have certainly achieved more than the Tories have or will.

Jim referred to people as 'Tory supporters' and thats about the mentality of some posters that is prevailing on here.

To 'support' a political party because one always has done simply because one was brought up to is absolutely pathetic and comparable to supporting football teams no matter how bad or poorly performing they have been! Totally illogical behaviour...... Sheep spring to mind!

People need to grow up and think for themselves.

Archived