BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Starts Now

jim mk2

While it is to early to start talking about relegation, IF performances continue like this then we will be in for a long hard winter. As I said in the other thread it seemed as though we didn't have a gameplan today and that was the most worrying aspect. Things need to improve.

FOR once i agree with jim ...faz are you some sort of shock jock and attention seeker? if not please name some positives about today because it woeful and not good enough...we looked like a relegation team today.

Yes we looked like a relegation team today but FFS get a grip! From the first 4 game how many points would you have expected us to get? 4 maybe 5?

We had some positives in the first half, we played some slick passing, however, that got sloppy through out the game. The second goal just before half time killed us, from there on in it was damage limitation. We can't compare Ince to Hughes all the time. They are 2 complete different managers, who came in 2 different cirucumstances. Next week VS Fulham is a vital game and one we MUST win. However, 4 games into the season of which 2 games we played relatively well and your calling for relegation? I bet the Geordies aren't this bad!

YOU WHERE NO WHERE NEAR THE GAME WHERE YOU TODAY EH WHERE YOU!!

It's "were" not "where".

See my above post!

Yes we looked like a relegation team today but FFS get a grip! From the first 4 game how many points would you have expected us to get? 4 maybe 5?

We had some positives in the first half, we played some slick passing, however, that got sloppy through out the game. The second goal just before half time killed us, from there on in it was damage limitation. We can't compare Ince to Hughes all the time. They are 2 complete different managers, who came in 2 different cirucumstances. Next week VS Fulham is a vital game and one we MUST win. However, 4 games into the season of which 2 games we played relatively well and your calling for relegation? I bet the Geordies aren't this bad!

You get a grip where going to go down unless we get rid of ince.

The defence is awfull

The midfields well no where

THE WHOLE TEAM LOOKS UNFIT. (WE WHERE JOGGING/WALKING ROUND 5 MINUTES INTO THE SECOND HALF)

INCE HAS TO GO

Its early days, but if we continue to concede an average of 3 goals or more per game then that is the sort of form that usually is produced by teams that are facing a relegation battle.

The Fulham match is a 'must win' game for Ince IMO.

All I want to know is how many points you would've expected Rovers to get after the first 4 games?

All I want to know is how many points you would've expected Rovers to get after the first 4 games?

Draw at Everton 1point

win against Hull 3points

win at West Ham with all the turmoil that was happening 3 points

at least a draw with Arse as they always get battered even Bolton usually win against them.1/3

10/8 points NOT 4

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I've literally just got back from Ewood, I don't normallycomeon here and post that often, and sometimes laugh at the drama-queens on here, but I am deepl concerned for Rovers this season. Lets not forget, Everton was a last minute win against boys not men. I appreciate some fans prefer to look to optimism, but "ignorance isn't always bliss" and "out of mind out of sight" isn't a good idea either! This season is a relegation battle, like it or lump it and people are kidding themselves if they think otherwise.

On the bright side......I predicted the score rightly!!!! :mellow:

Everton- Draw

Hull- Win

West Ham- Loss

Arsenal- Loss

What we have now, but thats not the point.

Our manner of performances in particular defensively have worried me. I would have expected a 1-0 or a 2-1 defeat against West Ham, not conceeding 4 goals. Against Arsenal, i would have expected the margin to be closer, we are at home afterall, probably a 2-0 or a 2-1 defeat. We gifted Arsenal goals today.

8 goals conceeded in two games is not good enough.

Draw at Everton 1point

win against Hull 3points

win at West Ham with all the turmoil that was happening 3 points

at least a draw with Arse as they always get battered even Bolton usually win against them.1/3

10/8 points NOT 4

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

7 managers have tried at Upton park and all have failed. We always lose to West Ham, regardless of the turmoil at the club. We won at Everton and Drew at Hull so that evens itself out. Arsenal had their early defeat VS Fulham, they weren't going to slip up again. Too much class in their team and they player us off the park.

So realistically we would have had 4 points and that is how much we are on!

7 managers have tried at Upton park and all have failed. We always lose to West Ham, regardless of the turmoil at the club. We won at Everton and Drew at Hull so that evens itself out. Arsenal had their early defeat VS Fulham, they weren't going to slip up again. Too much class in their team and they player us off the park.

So realistically we would have had 4 points and that is how much we are on!

Have you been to the game today????

and

Did you see the manner that rovers played, it was terrible FACT

Everton- Draw

Hull- Win

West Ham- Loss

Arsenal- Loss

What we have now, but thats not the point.

Our manner of performances in particular defensively have worried me. I would have expected a 1-0 or a 2-1 defeat against West Ham, not conceeding 4 goals. Against Arsenal, i would have expected the margin to be closer, we are at home afterall, probably a 2-0 or a 2-1 defeat. We gifted Arsenal goals today.

8 goals conceeded in two games is not good enough.

Spot on!

The manner of performances have not been upto scratch. We started off promisingly VS Everton, but ever since then we haven't performed good enough. However, how many times did we perform well under Sparky?

Newcastle, Sunderland, Derby, Fulham, Spurs, Larrisa and Coventry. We didn't perform good enough but we managed to get the lucky goals. Ince has had a tough start and we all knew the fixtures were tough when they were handed out. Fulham and Newcastle are games we can win and need to win.

With or without Paul Ince the team I saw today is going to get relegated - no question.

Teh relegation battle starts as soon as the previous season ends for us.

It will be that way for the foreseeable future.

We needed 40 pts. We now need 36.

Ince-Unproven manager

Hughes- a number of seasons under his belt.

:rock:

Which makes it even worse,Hughes`s team for them fixtures were full of players that he mainly signed and was used to Hughes way of playing.

Ince hasn`t had the same chance yet to neither assess the playing staff he has in competitive games or get the players used to playing the way he wants.

Archived