BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pull The Cash Out Walkers

Since Souness left his post for the Newcastle job in 2004(was it) rovers have spent little in the transfer market under hughes and now ince.

Now don't get me wrong I wouldn't be spending any more money on Ince after that crap performace today however if we are going to attract proper managers in the future that have experiance and a proven track record then the walkers are going to have to pull out cash not just for the wages of the manager but for the transfer budget.

After Flybe (Walker trustees company) invested £1.1 billion in new planes last year to make them more fuel efficient planes they made a £35 million pre tax profit. They also bought the BA connect routes and this was all through the worst economic times since after the 2nd world war.

Now I don't know about you but i want to see some of that £1 billion or more or however much the walkers have put into the clubs transfer kitty for the new manager.

FLYBE BUSINESS REPORT

Lets start becoming an ambitious club again and lets stop going for the cheap "bagain" players. Lets top going for 3rd division standard player.

Signings this year-

Mark bunn £80,000

Vince Grella £3 million (around)

Robinson £3.5 million

villauena(loan)

Players out-

Brad-£2.5 million

Bentley-£7.5 million (REST TO ARSENAL)

However if the walker trustees continue their tight cash stance then we will be relegated and because all the clubs above and below us will either be taken over or will start spending money.

Hmm another negative post

Biting the hand that feeds you eh? Nobody can ever crib at the involvment of the Walkers name in BRFC. They dragged us up our rightful place (given the resources of the club) in the lower leagues by our bootlaces almost 20 years ago, so if they decide that they've done enough then so be it.

We should have set up certain conditions to wean us off the nipple in the time when we were most successful and most viable, we didn't (but then again neither have so many other clubs) and we've now probably missed the opportunity of a lifetime to provide top flight football for the entire North West so all we can do now is fight a brave but likely doomed rearguard battle.

Eh? So did we spent loadsa money to attract Dalglish? Or did we tell him how much he'd have available to spend and not how much has already been spent or wasted?! This makes no sense whatsoever, because this would mean that Fulham would have ended up with a top European club manager. God and philipl only know what funds we truly have to spend - don't come up with a brainboxed idea of spending millions, possibly getting the club into further debt or trouble, and suffering further dire consequences.

Dalglish would not have come to club without Uncle Jack's money-fact. I would say relegation this season is far more worrying than anything you mention in your post.

When you have been on this board a little longer, you will come to release that 99% of what PhilipL comes out with are half truths, guesses and outright lies. He has know more 'inside knowledge' of the club than your average rovers fan. Yes he interprets the accounts once a year; but even then he skews the data provided to suit his own agenda.

He was the one who for the past few transfer windows has said that rovers have the potiential to 'go big' only to back track after nothing materialised.

Form your own opinions.

imagine were we would be without any walker invovement.....no league title,no promotion,no cup win ,no europe and a very possiblty no blacknurn rovers.

But that was under Jack Abbs- The current set of owners have no interest in rovers- thus putting the club up for sale & not releasing proper funding for managers. We as fans must try to distinguish rovers under jack and rovers under Jacks relatives & associates. The difference in attitude and ambition couldn’t be more polarised.

We find it difficult as fans to criticise the current owners because of what Jack did for this club- dragging it from the murky depths of lower league football to premiership champions.

Nevertheless,I have a hypothetical question. - If the current owners had brought the club from Jack and had behaved in the manner they have done in the past 7 years ( no funding, no interest, poor judgement) would we have such untwining support/ loyalty to the current owners?

But that was under Jack Abbs- The current set of owners have no interest in rovers- thus putting the club up for sale & not releasing proper funding for managers. We as fans must try to distinguish rovers under jack and rovers under Jacks relatives & associates. The difference in attitude and ambition couldn’t be more polarised.

We find it difficult as fans to criticise the current owners because of what Jack did for this club- dragging it from the murky depths of lower league football to premiership champions.

Nevertheless,I have a hypothetical question. - If the current owners had brought the club from Jack and had behaved in the manner they have done in the past 7 years ( no funding, no interest, poor judgement) would we have such untwining support/ loyalty to the current owners?

Surely anybody that still shoves £3m pa into something that they have no interest in and have been trying to offload to 'suitable' investers cannot really be criticised? Rem £3m in other terms is something in the region of 10,000 season tickets

Surely anybody that still shoves £3m pa into something that they have no interest in and have been trying to offload to 'suitable' investers cannot really be criticised? Rem £3m in other terms is something in the region of 10,000 season tickets

Is 3 million a season anywhere near enough ? If the Walkers want Rovers to stay in the Top flight? Remember that 3 million was actually taken away and then reinstated .

It is nothing more than a token gesture - My guess is that if they given Hughes more money he would of stayed a little longer improved the squad and infact made the club more sellable.

I accept without Jack we would probably be somewhere around accringtons level without any success in years.

However since Jack sadly passed away the trustees have put little money into the club apart from the £3 million every year and the odd bit of transfer money which they always seem to claim back through players sales. As i said before the Flybe company got a £1.1 billion windfall of the walkers to go and buy new fuel effiecient planes and the company made a £35 million through theses difficult times.

Is it too much to ask for a transfer budget to attract a good manager in the future?

I accept without Jack we would probably be somewhere around accringtons level without any success in years.

However since Jack sadly passed away the trustees have put little money into the club apart from the £3 million every year and the odd bit of transfer money which they always seem to claim back through players sales. As i said before the Flybe company got a £1.1 billion windfall of the walkers to go and buy new fuel effiecient planes and the company made a £35 million through theses difficult times.

Is it too much to ask for a transfer budget to attract a good manager in the future?

Only mega-rich / dodgy money launderers or complete fools would invest in any club in Prem football. Isn't there only one that ever gets into profit on paper? It really is a stupid investment on any business basis.

Archived