BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Crap From Hughes

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

please, if you want do discuss Gaza/Israel, please make sure you know a little bit about it first.

"funny" how a lot of people lose focus and take the view of Hitler, that jews are the devil. How do "i want peace" turn into "i hate israelis/jews"?. i've seen people come across a David star painted on walls, and say "THAT is certainly NOT going to be there!!!!" *running angry towards it to ruin the painting".

the same thing happened when Bush, Blair and co invaded iraq - all of a sudden Saddam was kind of OK in many peoples eyes (At least over here, in norway). A man that slaughtered his own people, tortured anyone that said against him, or simply asked questions, was ok compared to Bush... makes you think, dont it? it sure scares the crap out of me that the human brain is THAT simple.

please, if you want do discuss Gaza/Israel, please make sure you know a little bit about it first.

"funny" how a lot of people lose focus and take the view of Hitler, that jews are the devil. How do "i want peace" turn into "i hate israelis/jews"?. i've seen people come across a David star painted on walls, and say "THAT is certainly NOT going to be there!!!!" *running angry towards it to ruin the painting".

the same thing happened when Bush, Blair and co invaded iraq - all of a sudden Saddam was kind of OK in many peoples eyes (At least over here, in norway). A man that slaughtered his own people, tortured anyone that said against him, or simply asked questions, was ok compared to Bush... makes you think, dont it? it sure scares the crap out of me that the human brain is THAT simple.

That was simplistic logic and self-interest. Someone who hated and shot fundamentalists (amongst many other people, it has to be said) or someone who allowed them to be free to train locals to set bombs- ala Madrid and London? Unfortunately when it comes to oppressed people v self and family, self and family will almost always win.

People like to make the assumption (because it makes them feel better) that the Palestinians voted for Hamas because they don't accept Israel and want to wipe them off them map. I feel they probably voted for Hamas because they are the only people that will stand up to the Israeli oppression. The check points, the searches, the wall. etc.etc. Nobody takes kindly to a militiary occupation, let alone from an American led "Western" country.

Israel can never win. As soon as they announce they are ceasing operations more rockets will be fired into Israel. Kosovo got it's own state. Israel needs to take note.

I don't think Obama will be the same as Bush. I think things will change

People like to make the assumption (because it makes them feel better) that the Palestinians voted for Hamas because they don't accept Israel and want to wipe them off them map. I feel they probably voted for Hamas because they are the only people that will stand up to the Israeli oppression. The check points, the searches, the wall. etc.etc. Nobody takes kindly to a militiary occupation, let alone from an American led "Western" country.

Other cultures have managed to produce every now and then a leader who is capable of rising above the futile and counter productive military option and instead unites the "oppressed" people using peaceful means - or at least using minimal force as a last resort .

Contemporary Islam , dominated as it is by the fundamentalists , seems incapable of producing a Gandhi , Martin Luther King or Mandela . I doubt I will live to see such a leader at any rate .....

Israel will continue to win because they at least have the brains to see beyond brute force to achieve their aims - although brute force is always an attractive option to them .

Brainless thugs like Hezbohla and Hamas , whether they are elected or not , will never win until they have the sense to realise that genocide is not a viable option . They are some way off that at present ..........a few centuries off at the current rate of their cultural development !

Anyway this is all small beer compared to the coming showdown with Iran :closedeyes:

Other cultures have managed to produce every now and then a leader who is capable of rising above the futile and counter productive military option and instead unites the "oppressed" people using peaceful means - or at least using minimal force as a last resort .

Contemporary Islam , dominated as it is by the fundamentalists , seems incapable of producing a Gandhi , Martin Luther King or Mandela . I doubt I will live to see such a leader at any rate .....

Israel will continue to win because they at least have the brains to see beyond brute force to achieve their aims - although brute force is always an attractive option to them .

Brainless thugs like Hezbohla and Hamas , whether they are elected or not , will never win until they have the sense to realise that genocide is not a viable option . They are some way off that at present ..........a few centuries off at the current rate of their cultural development !

Anyway this is all small beer compared to the coming showdown with Iran :closedeyes:

:lol: I was waiting until you'd post your usual...

I actually agree that Hamas aren't a particularly palatable side to align oneself with and I would never for one minute say I supported them in this conflict as they have blood on their hands too - it's the continually oppressed Palestinian people with whom my sympathies lie.

But Israel will continue to win because they are backed by the West. It was the West who unjustly created the state of Israel, who turfed the Palestinians out, and who backed Israel even after they extended their borders further after 1967. They will continue to win because they have one of the most efficient and destructive military machines on the planet. If you don't classify this as "brute force" then I'm not sure what counts as brute force.

And if you say that only Hamas are guilty of genocide, despite the fact that around 70 Palestinians are killed by Israel for every Israeli killed by the Palestinians, then again I have no words.

They will continue to win because they have one of the most efficient and destructive military machines on the planet. If you don't classify this as "brute force" then I'm not sure what counts as brute force.

And if you say that only Hamas are guilty of genocide, despite the fact that around 70 Palestinians are killed by Israel for every Israeli killed by the Palestinians, then again I have no words.

I didn't deny they used "brute force" . In fact I said they view it as an attractive option !

Nor did I say that "only" Hamas are guilty of genocide . In fact NEITHER side are guilty of genocide - although only one side have denied the other's right to exist and presumably therefore view it as desirable .

Read my posts objectively and without prejudice before replying , Tony . Otherwise you make it look like you're arguing with my posts just for the sake of it ...... :closedeyes:

Archived