BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The All New Staff Room Bogs

ABBEY

The main point of all (well, most of) the arguments was that the location was all wrong and the detremental effect it had on the blackburn end toilet facilities. Do they now think that because they've renamed it, all of the objections will go away?

Funny though, I didn't hear any chants of 'give us our toilets back' this weekend... :huh:

maybe there is some people who object less to a "staff room" then a "prayer room"!!

Too damn right there is! Can anyone confirm, with something approaching certainty, that the public prayer room is now dead in the water? or is it just moved to a less conspicuous area?

Of course the removal of much needed toilet facilities is of prime importance to people seated in the area. But the club sponsoring a public prayer room is also a vital issue that must be opposed. Im hoping the club have seen sense and abandoned this ridiculous idea - if they persist I will not be renewing my ST next season as I stated in a previous thread.

I pray to god, it is back for fulham

very good :lol:

Saw some staff going in on Saturday to stock up on programmes, so it looks like its being used as a store room now.

Is anyone clued up on health & safety, i'm sure the toilets in their current state are a hazzard with only one door for entry/exit.

its been moved to the old ticket office on the riverside according to the steward i was chatting to.

It's rubbish that Abbs........... I personally found it's new location yesterday at about 2.35pm. A brand new shiny brushed steel and embossed sign saying "Multi Faith Prayer Room" has replaced the traditional 'Gent's' sign on the toilet door at th'Avvy! Oh and you are allowed to leave your shoes on whilst err err 'praying' (thank the Lord! :o )

:lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed lots and lots of IndoPaks milling about for yesterdays visit of ManU.

:) .....And most of them were wearing United shirts.

Maybe we'll see even more of them when the club introduce halal meat sandwiches and get rid of pork scratchings....

There was an excellent post from one of our board members 'leftfooter' last month which perfectly illustrated why I'm completely opposed to any so-called "Multi Faith Prayer Room" at Ewood. The location may have changed, but the damage has been done and our club is now a source of ridicule for it's extreme political correctness and pandering to one particular section of the community.

For anybody who didn't see leftfooter's excellent post on September 13th, it's featured nine posts down on the page at the link HERE

:) .....And most of them were wearing United shirts.

I never noticed that smithy, everybody had raincoats on. But surely you must be wrong in this instance? We keep hearing from imy and roar etc that Ewood needs a muslim prayer facility cos missing set prayer times is simply not allowed. There's no facility in the Darwen End for prayer so any Man Utd following asians would never be allowed to put watching MU before the chance of a quick prayer session would they? Have MU now been elevated to deity status even senior to allah? I'm confused.

There were certainly quite a few of them plus about 20 childrenlittle boys running across the Blackburn End Car Park looking as if they were going to the game...

Thats good mum.... it'll be nice to see em all flocking back next home match won't it?

Archived