BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Negative Rovers Fans

hawaii501

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. We have a club which is virtually debt free, so our medium to long term future is secure.

2. We are run by the best chairman in the league, as acknowledged by one of the all time great players- Michael Laudrup.

3. We have money to spend.

4. We have signed potentially one of the most exciting players ever to grace Ewood- King Carlos.

5. We have a manager committed to playing attractive football.

I could go on but we must realise that clubs have spent millions before and not achieved anywhere near what we have achieved, look at West Ham, Spurs, Newcastle for examples of this!

Exactly.

This is going to be a difficult season, rather like Southgates first season at Boro.

But we won't be relegated and Ince will be able to build on this and take the club forwards. Rome was not built in a day. Our fans crave instant results but that is not possible.

I imagine that is what JW is thinking.

Why would he think he needed to bring in new players? We finished seventh last season, he probably thought he only needed a tweek here and there.

A tweek? Bentley and Friedel shown the door was some tweek!

Anyone see/hear that odd guy in the Blackburn End making the screaming noises?

Not a call to prayer was it? :D

1. We have a club which is virtually debt free, so our medium to long term future is secure.

2. We are run by the best chairman in the league, as acknowledged by one of the all time great players- Michael Laudrup.

3. We have money to spend.

4. We have signed potentially one of the most exciting players ever to grace Ewood- King Carlos.

5. We have a manager committed to playing attractive football.

I could go on but we must realise that clubs have spent millions before and not achieved anywhere near what we have achieved, look at West Ham, Spurs, Newcastle for examples of this!

With the poor home showings so far from Paul Ince, fully expect that debt to rise substantially as the crowds dwindle and the prize money dries up.

With the appointment of Paul Ince and co. John Williams is not looking too good on his recruitment of an unqualified manager with no experience of managing top level football.

If you have money but the person spending it doesnt have taste whats the point of having it in the first place.

On King Carlos are you a fantasist or just a dolly day dreamer.

When just when are we going to start playing this attractive football you talk about and yes West Ham stuffed us last week 4-1 whats attractive in that?

Its good to reflect and be positive as a Rover :rolleyes:

With the poor home showings so far from Paul Ince, fully expect that debt to rise substantially as the crowds dwindle and the prize money dries up.

YOU MAY NOT REALISE THIS BUT 24K OR 18K ATTENDANCE WILL NOT MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE EITHER WAY, IT IS THE TV MONEY THAT IS OUR MAIN SOURCE OF REVENUE.

With the appointment of Paul Ince and co. John Williams is not looking too good on his recruitment of an unqualified manager with no experience of managing top level football.

ZOLA HAS JUST BECOME MANAGER OF WEST HAM, OBJECTIONS? HE HAS NOT MANAGED A TOP CLASS TEAM.

If you have money but the person spending it doesnt have taste whats the point of having it in the first place.

TASTE? I'M SURE INCE WANTED JOAQUIN OR QUARESMA BUT IF THEY COST £15 MILLION+ AND THEN £70K WAGES ARE THEY WORTH IT? THE ANSWER IS NO. NONE OF INCE'S SIGNINGS HAVE HAD LONG ENOUGH FOR YOU TO FORM AN OPINION ABOUT THEM SO YOUR POINT IS NOT VALID.

On King Carlos are you a fantasist or just a dolly day dreamer.

NAME ANOTHER SIGNING THAT HAS EXCITED THE FANS AS MUCH AS CARLOS? PLEASE READ WHAT I SAID, 'POTENTIAL'

When just when are we going to start playing this attractive football you talk about and yes West Ham stuffed us last week 4-1 whats attractive in that?

WATCH THE GAME AGAINST EVERTON, THAT WAS BETTER THAN ANY GAME WE PLAYED UNDER HUGHES LAST YEAR, FOOTBALL WAS EXCELLENT.

Its good to reflect and be positive as a Rover

NO YOU ARE RIGHT WE SHOULD JUST BE PESSIMISTIC, DOWN BEAT AND NOT GIVE PEOPLE A CHANCE, THAT IS WHAT BEING A ROVER IS ALL ABOUT, CORRECT?

:rolleyes:

Imy and Bucky....just one word. THANKS.

Yes thanks - im sick of the 'we are doomed' brigade. Give Ince time, end of October should be long enough - then assess it. If Arsenal are on form, then they are quality - yesterday they were on form, and for 44minutes we matched them and made a few good chances. Dont be short sighted - against Everton we were quality - did people forget that?

All I ask is that you support your club, give him time and assess it in a few months time.

THE ABOVE ARE ALL VERY VERY GOOD POINTS

this is what the bookies think :

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/englis...ship/relegation

GOD FORBID

To put a few results in perspective:

The week after we drew at home to Hull they lost 5-0 to Wigan. The week after we were hammered 4-1 by West Ham they went and got beaten 3-2 by West Brom. If it wasn't for an inept linesman against Everton we'd still be waiting for our first win of the season.

To put a few results in perspective:

The week after we drew at home to Hull they lost 5-0 to Wigan. The week after we were hammered 4-1 by West Ham they went and got beaten 3-2 by West Brom. If it wasn't for an inept linesman against Everton we'd still be waiting for our first win of the season.

As you are putting things in perspective:

Hull have played two games away this year and have taken 4 points, 3 against Newcastle and 1 against us, they have also beaten a decent Fulham team at home.

West Ham hammered us 4-1 at HOME, then got beaten AWAY (West Hams achilles heel)

If it wasnt for an inept ref we would have beaten West Ham, why must people manipulate situations to suit their agenda? Stick to facts, we have lost 2 games on the bounce, conceded 8 goals, clearly not good enough but give Ince a chance to turn things around.

1. We have a club which is virtually debt free, so our medium to long term future is secure. LIKE ALL CLUBS WE ARE IN DEBT - LOOK AT THE PUBLISHED ACCOUNTS - BUT AT THE MOMENT IT IS MANAGABLE. HOWEVER, POOR RESULTS LEAD TO LOWER GATES, LESS DEMAND FROM TELEVISION AND IF WE WERE TO BE RELEGATED FINANCIAL MELTDOWN. THE MEDIUM TO LONG TERM FUTURE IS ONLY SECURE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE NOT IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

2. We are run by the best chairman in the league, as acknowledged by one of the all time great players- Michael Laudrup. TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT POINT.

3. We have money to spend. DO WE? I REMAIN TO BE CONVINCED THAT MONEY IS AVAILABLE. WITH A DOWNTURN IN SEASON TICKET SALES AND THE CONTINUAL RISE IN WAGES SURELY THE INCOME FROM TRANSFERS IS BEING EARMARKED TO HELP WITH GENERAL RUNNING COSTS.

4. We have signed potentially one of the most exciting players ever to grace Ewood- King Carlos. THE SAME KING CARLOS WHO THRILLED AGAINST GRIMSBY WAS NOT SO HOT AGAINST BOLTON WANDERERS RESERVES. AFTER WATCHING HIS PERFORMANCE THAT NIGHT I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY INCE IS RELUCTANT TO USE HIM IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE. HE LOOKED A LONG WAY SHORT OF THE REQUIRED FITNESS.

5. We have a manager committed to playing attractive football. AND ONE WHO IS STILL LEARNING HIS TRADE. FOUR GAMES HAVE BROUGHT FOUR POINTS, 11 GOALS AGAINST AND ONLY 5 FOR. HIS COMMITTMENT TO ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL HAS TAKEN US INTO THE BOTTOM THREE AND WHILE 16 GOALS IN FOUR GAMES MAY BE EXCITING AT THE PRESENT RATIO WE WOULD BE RELEGATED BY CHRISTMAS!

I could go on but we must realise that clubs have spent millions before and not achieved anywhere near what we have achieved, look at West Ham, Spurs, Newcastle for examples of this! AGAIN, TOTALLY AGREE. HOWEVER, THE SUCCESS YOU TALK ABOUT WAS ACHIEVED BY MARK HUGHES NOT PAUL INCE.

So far we have:

Beaten a poor Everton side.

Taken a point at home to a Hull team that were demolished 5-0 on their own patch a week later.

Enjoyed a good victory over a very weak Fourth Division side.

Lost 4-1 at West Ham United at a time when the London club was in complete disarray.

Lost 4-0 to an Arsenal side that is by no means as powerful as it used to be - look how Fulham beat them.

In the transfer market we have lost two of last season's outstanding performers. Bentley has not been replaced at all and the jury is very much out on the capabilities of Robinson in comparison to Brad.

While the performance of the youngsters has been a positive, there have been plenty of negatives and acquisition of Andrews and Fowler has done little raise spirits. Andrews looked well short of the required standard yesterday while Fowler has failed to shine in any of the pre-season games - even against Conference opposition.

Those of us who have witnessed relegation in the past - the first one I saw was 65-66 - can see the warning signs. It's not being negative it's being realistic. Hopefully, Ince will pull it round but we need to be honest in our assessment of the situation. The world may look better looking through blue & white specs but the fact remains we have started the season indifferently and occupy a relegation place at the moment. Four points from the next two games would help to lift the gloom but perhaps the manager is going to have to come to terms with the fact that winning ugly is far better than losing playing attractive football.

Those of us who have witnessed relegation in the past - the first one I saw was 65-66 - can see the warning signs. It's not being negative it's being realistic. Hopefully, Ince will pull it round but we need to be honest in our assessment of the situation. The world may look better looking through blue & white specs

Oddly enough PB, I said to a member on here, only a couple of days ago - if people were to take off their blue and white specs, all the signs are there. In some cases it takes the older fans to actually see the wood through the trees.

Now there's an interesting thought - if we took a sample of views of this seasons prospects from the younger members and a sample of views of this seasons prospects from the older members, I reckon there would be a marked difference. How would that be explained I wonder? Would it be that age brings a touch more realism?

Now there's an interesting thought - if we took a sample of views of this seasons prospects from the younger members and a sample of views of this seasons prospects from the older members, I reckon there would be a marked difference. How would that be explained I wonder? Would it be that age brings a touch more realism?

could it be that people get grumpier has they get older?

I'm sure there's never been a tv programme called "grumpy young men"!

Yes thanks - im sick of the 'we are doomed' brigade. Give Ince time, end of October should be long enough - then assess it. If Arsenal are on form, then they are quality - yesterday they were on form, and for 44minutes we matched them and made a few good chances. Dont be short sighted - against Everton we were quality - did people forget that?

All I ask is that you support your club, give him time and assess it in a few months time.

Here here...

As you are putting things in perspective:

Hull have played two games away this year and have taken 4 points, 3 against Newcastle and 1 against us, they have also beaten a decent Fulham team at home.

West Ham hammered us 4-1 at HOME, then got beaten AWAY (West Hams achilles heel)

If it wasnt for an inept ref we would have beaten West Ham, why must people manipulate situations to suit their agenda? Stick to facts, we have lost 2 games on the bounce, conceded 8 goals, clearly not good enough but give Ince a chance to turn things around.

People always 'manipulate situations' to suit their different agendas. You tend to do it in all your posts! I noticed that you failed to mention that Hull also lost 5-0 at home to Wigan and Wigan drew at home to Sunderland yestersay. Would we have beaten West Ham without a rubbish ref? That certainly is not a fact!

Some facts: We have had 1 good result in 4 games, we have conceded too many goals, we havnt replaced Bentley, we are in the bottom three.

Does it compare to Larissa game or Coventry game?

When Hughes took charge in 2004, we lost 3-0 to Arsenal and 4-0 to Chelsea with a defeat to Wigan and someone else thrown in.

Can Ince have at least a dozen games before you and others rant about sacking him?

The difference was that Hughes inherited a team which was relegation fodder & Ince inherits a team which was top 8. And had half a transfer window to make a few changes, which Hughes had to wait for.

You could look at it another way.

Ince inherited a team where Friedel, Bentley, Warnock, Ooijer, McCarthy and Roberts all wanted to leave. 2 did go and it looks like Warnock still wants to go.

Its much easier having a happy team. Hopefully that will return over the next 4 or 5 weeks.

People always 'manipulate situations' to suit their different agendas. You tend to do it in all your posts! I noticed that you failed to mention that Hull also lost 5-0 at home to Wigan and Wigan drew at home to Sunderland yestersay. Would we have beaten West Ham without a rubbish ref? That certainly is not a fact!

Some facts: We have had 1 good result in 4 games, we have conceded too many goals, we havnt replaced Bentley, we are in the bottom three.

That saves me the trouble of replying to him. :D

Without a doubt Rovers fans are negative and that does rub off on the players without a doubt.....

Lucas Neil once said to a friend of mine that was employed down at Brockhall.. It makes you not want to bother when you into a crunching 50/50 tackle and win the ball and 95% of Rovers fans are either eating a pie or reading the programme.

Without a doubt Rovers fans are negative and that does rub off on the players without a doubt.....

Lucas Neil once said to a friend of mine that was employed down at Brockhall.. It makes you not want to bother when you into a crunching 50/50 tackle and win the ball and 95% of Rovers fans are either eating a pie or reading the programme.

lucash squeal , a font of all things rovers .95% of rovers cant afford a pie AND a programme.He should of been concentrating on the game not the fans.

What one thing do we have to cheer us up at the minute?

Nothing at all.

Still, Ian Wright reckons Ince will be a raging success so I guess that's OK then. And the board has splashed out a third of the money we got for Bentley on a bottom division journeyman, a sheep-shearer who plays in wellies and an old has-been. Plus we're sailing high in the table.

Everything looks apple-pie, just peachy.

What one thing do we have to cheer us up at the minute?

Nothing at all.

Still, Ian Wright reckons Ince will be a raging success so I guess that's OK then. And the board has splashed out a third of the money we got for Bentley on a bottom division journeyman, a sheep-shearer who plays in wellies and an old has-been. Plus we're sailing high in the table.

Everything looks apple-pie, just peachy.

:lol:

I just love gallows humour!!

Archived