BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Negative Rovers Fans

hawaii501

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People always 'manipulate situations' to suit their different agendas. You tend to do it in all your posts! I noticed that you failed to mention that Hull also lost 5-0 at home to Wigan and Wigan drew at home to Sunderland yestersay. Would we have beaten West Ham without a rubbish ref? That certainly is not a fact!

Some facts: We have had 1 good result in 4 games, we have conceded too many goals, we havnt replaced Bentley, we are in the bottom three.

the stats that I gave were like for like, for example

Hull played Rovers AWAY

Hull played Newcastle AWAY,

if I used the HOME defeat by Wigan then I have mixed and matched data.

Meant to say could not should so apologise for the error but here is a fact: (the only fact you speak of which is a fact is that we are in the bottom 3)

we are THREE points off a champions league place.

lucash squeal , a font of all things rovers .95% of rovers cant afford a pie AND a programme.He should of been concentrating on the game not the fans.

From playing at a semi pro standard myself I know from experience that you rely on fans to keep you concentrated on the game for 90mins. You try giving anything in life 90 mins solid concentration and it's impossible.

From playing at a semi pro standard myself I know from experience that you rely on fans to keep you concentrated on the game for 90mins. You try giving anything in life 90 mins solid concentration and it's impossible.

Lucky we have half time then after 45mins!

I think far too many people are way over the top. The constant references to Rovers' certain relegation, the calls to get rid of Ince, and the age old gripe of not spending any money are starting to grate. People have become far too reactionary and quick to judge. This board has always been a sanctuary for moaning but it seems much worse and defeatist right now than it was during the relegation dog fight of 2004. I can't remember the same hysteria after we got beat off Leeds at Ewood, and that was in April.

It's September, let's see what happpens in the next 2 months.

I haven't been bowled over by Ince, and I think his approach to the team has so far been pretty underwhelming. HOWEVER, I do feel relegation talk is increasingly negative and does nothing to help raise the spirit of the side. I think after 10 games we'll have a rough idea of where Ince is taking us.

When just when are we going to start playing this attractive football you talk about and yes West Ham stuffed us last week 4-1 whats attractive in that?

JAL, this is one of those situations where you need to put a positive spin on things! If you were a more positive sort of chap, you would have recognised that it was attractive for West Ham. ;)

I think far too many people are way over the top. The constant references to Rovers' certain relegation, the calls to get rid of Ince, and the age old gripe of not spending any money are starting to grate. People have become far too reactionary and quick to judge. This board has always been a sanctuary for moaning but it seems much worse and defeatist right now than it was during the relegation dog fight of 2004. I can't remember the same hysteria after we got beat off Leeds at Ewood, and that was in April.

It's September, let's see what happpens in the next 2 months.

Lets get one thing straight. A lot of Rovers fans have always been negative. It was keeps them alive.

I remember being on the old Riverside and Rovers being 5-0 up with 10 minutes to play one supporter turned round and said that we could still lose. The Riverside was always an area that loved to criticise rather than support.

We won the premiership and some supporters decided to slag off the likes of Sherwood, Atkins and Wilcox instead of enjoying the occasion.

So being in the bottom three in September is an open invitation for Rovers Happy Whingers to come out and play!

Archived