BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Home Support

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A season ticket is not value for money when compared to individual ticket prices - there has to be a considerable differential so that a season ticket costs the equivalent of 8-10 individual match tickets.

But there already is a considerable differential. Assumming everyone wants to see the three Category A matches then the following is how it works out:

Blackburn End ST is equivalent to buying:

3 x Cat A tickets @ £35 = £105

9 x Cat B tickets @ £25 = £225

Total £330 (ST is £329)

So that's 7 games for free

Riverside ST is equivalent to:

3 x Cat A tickets @ £28 = £84

11 x Cat B tickets @ £17 = £187

Total £271 (ST is £275)

5 free games

The physical distance between the two sets of supporters is too great and the banter/songs have little chance of 1) being heard or 2) winding each set of supporters up and thus generating more banter/songs. Solution - Put Rovers fans in the lower left hand side of the Darwen End.

These seats could even be promoted and reduced, especially to groups, for example, from factories. Also appoint 'ticket sales reps' from factories who could be given a range of incentives to get his/her work colleagues and friends to come to the game.

==

Acoustics - There is a great deal of sound leakage - a fabric membrane, like the advertising ones that surround scaffolding in city centers could be used to fill in the 2 gaps between the 3 large stands to reduce the through wind and increase sound insulation whilst also being offered to advertisers. Building Wrap Link

Arsenal brought over 5500 fans not the 4500 you quote which makes the home crowd a little bit more alarming, but are you suprised the home crowd is down when standards on the pitch have fallen so badly.

John Williams and the directors have to take the hit firmly on the chin by appointing a no hoper in Paul Ince and co.and sanctioning signings such as Fowler and Keith Andrews got to say i'm not looking forward to the next game at Ewood at all.

the darwen end holds 8,000 seats. and looking at the arsenal supporters almost filling the bottom half of the stand i cant see how the darwen end was nearly 70% full?

and i dont think the appointment of paul ince can be firmly blamed on a dwindling attendance at only his second home game in charge

the darwen end holds 8,000 seats. and looking at the arsenal supporters almost filling the bottom half of the stand i cant see how the darwen end was nearly 70% full?

and i dont think the appointment of paul ince can be firmly blamed on a dwindling attendance at only his second home game in charge

5000 is the seating allocation for the bottom section this was almost full give or take a couple of empty seats, in the upper tier i'd say one half holding approximately 1500 fans was at least half full of gooners thus the prediction of 5500 was nearer the mark than the 4500 originally quoted by the p[oster at the beginning.

What I should have said is Paul Ince hasnt done anything in the transfer market to warrant any interest in Rovers-hes failed miserably to generate any interest.

I think were missing the point here. Even if every seat was filled, i doubt the atmosphere, singing and banter would be that much improved. Would be much better to concentrate efforts on encouraging the fans we've got already instead of guessing at the reasons why attendances are slightly lower.

Williams can shove his £35 up his arse.

I watched the game online at the weekend. I know many more who did the same, and will continue to do so.

Nice to see your true support for the club.

Personally I listened on 5 live - decided couldn't afford two matches in quick succession - so decided to miss Arsenal. Reality is for lots of Rovers fans that the economic climate means some hard choices have to be made - with a family to support I probably shouldn't go at all - but after nearly 30 years of watching Rovers it does get in your blood - and would get miserable if didn't see them at all B)

What I should have said is Paul Ince hasnt done anything in the transfer market to warrant any interest in Rovers-hes failed miserably to generate any interest.

Flip that around - Blackburn fans haven't filled the ground enough to justify gambling on big money signings ! If we filled the ground every week - we might have something to say - but ultimately Jacks dream is slowly slipping away because the Blackburn public have never backed the team to the extent he did (and that isn't in anyway a criticism of those that do turn up - but the reality of a small impoverished catchment area, combined with local rivalries)

Nice to see your true support for the club.

Personally I listened on 5 live - decided couldn't afford two matches in quick succession - so decided to miss Arsenal. Reality is for lots of Rovers fans that the economic climate means some hard choices have to be made - with a family to support I probably shouldn't go at all - but after nearly 30 years of watching Rovers it does get in your blood - and would get miserable if didn't see them at all B)

I have every sympathy with supporters who don't go to evry home match because they can't afford to. I do wonder if those fans who decided not to go to the more expensive Arsenal game will actually be motivated to go to the Fulham game?

Williams can shove his £35 up his arse.

I watched the game online at the weekend. I know many more who did the same and will continue to do so.

Supporter of the year. Congratulations.

I haven't looked but I hope you're not one of those fans who berates everything the club does because with that statement you have shown your true feelings for Rovers.

Supporter of the year. Congratulations.

I haven't looked but I hope you're not one of those fans who berates everything the club does because with that statement you have shown your true feelings for Rovers.

Cheers, pal. I really appreciate your sentiments.

I suppose writing a weekly paragraph of tripe in the LT would make me a proper supporter, eh? :lol:

Some people on this board do, or have done.

Criticise me all you want, Paul, but my points regarding the dwindling support at Ewood Park are valid. I think you know it, too.

I'm not the only supporter fed up with what's happening at Ewood. There will be many more who will eventually see the light.

Archived