BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Home Support

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some people on this board do, or have done.

Criticise me all you want, Paul, but my points regarding the dwindling support at Ewood Park are valid. I think you know it, too.

I'm not the only supporter fed up with what's happening at Ewood. There will be many more who will eventually see the light.

Where will your 'support' leave the club?

What is this light that we're all supposed to see btw?

Flip that around - Blackburn fans haven't filled the ground enough to justify gambling on big money signings ! If we filled the ground every week - we might have something to say - but ultimately Jacks dream is slowly slipping away because the Blackburn public have never backed the team to the extent he did (and that isn't in anyway a criticism of those that do turn up - but the reality of a small impoverished catchment area, combined with local rivalries)

True, it really riles me these local people supporting other clubs then ridiculing Rovers.

Whats worse a Burnley fan or a Blackburn supporting ManUnited/Liverpool/anOther fan ?

I kind of go for the latter.

Where will your 'support' leave the club?

What is this light that we're all supposed to see btw?

Where will Ince's lack of managerial skills leave the club?

The light is first realising that Ince isn't up to the job. It is also about realising that Williams and his yes-men are detrimental to the club's progress.

Williams can mouth off to the press all he wants, it won't change the opinions of the Rovers fans who think he is a plank.

Rubbish! I know many a fan that used to go to many games, but now go to the pub to watch it instead. We need to ban all pubs within 5-10 miles of the ground from showing these live games - simple!

So do I but just getting rid of it won't bring them back - maybe a fewb ut as I said the numbers won't be significant to make any difference.

The light is first realising that Ince isn't up to the job. It is also about realising that Williams and his yes-men are detrimental to the club's progress.

Williams can mouth off to the press all he wants, it won't change the opinions of the Rovers fans who think he is a plank.

Only you think that.

That last statement is a joke.

You might want to read this.

It will help explain why your assumption does not have to be true.

I think the "credit crunch" has more to do with the decrease in attendance

Never trust anyone who claims to speak for everybody.

They are usually just desperately trying to make their, often outlandish, claims seem more valid.

There are numerous reason why attendances have decreased at Ewood.

Williams, Ince, prices, naff football, kick-off times, players earning too much, credit crunch etc. I do know that quite a few Rovers fans are fed up with Williams though.

Thanks for the link. Mind you, you should have posted a link about Latvian handle-bar mustache growers, as that is a subject I haven't got a clue about.

Pip pip.

The club have tried keeping prices down, it seems by the reduced attendances it's not enough.

Is it just the admission cost or is the entertainment value, and I'm not referring to the last couple of games. The gates have been in decline for several years.

Rovers have there own data base of current, and ex ST holders. A more extensive data base of every single house/house owner in the country can be purchased for a few hundred quid, or to keep it more to Rovers catchment area, by post code.

I'm not in the know as to how Rovers market the club to the general public in the area, other than local media and what I see locally, which is not a great deal. Is it enough?

Head of Commercial & Marketing: Simon Williams, Is he doing enough, in the rite area.

What I am suggesting is a survey of the catchment area. Something along the likes of this.

Some may laugh, but after some market research in a local company I was involved in, The gross turn over was up by 7%, within three months of obtaining the feed back, and acting on it in various ways. There was also a tear off discount voucher for there first purchase, which had there address on. We also sent the out the list from our own data base, this way no one lost out on the promotion. at the end of the 12 month period T/O was up 15%.

How do we know it worked.

1. A footfall counter.

2. Increase customer date base

3. A steady growth of sustained T/O.

4. Larger data base, enabled a reduction in local advertising, and targeting people with a direct interest in our product.

So purely as I guide line this is similar to what we asked

1. Do you or have you ever supported a football club . Yes No

2. Our football prices in your area to expensive. Too high About rite Too low

3. Do you support BRFC Yes No

4. Have you ever had a season ticket Yes No

5. Have you paid on the gate over the last 3 seasons Yes No

6. How many games per season did you attend 1-5 1-10 1-19

7. Do you attend Cup matches Yes No

8. If your answer to Q. 3 & 4 is no. Is this down to the

admission cost. Yes No

10. If the season ticket price for the BBE LT was

£195 would you consider purchasing one next season Yes No

11. For the same stand with a walk on price of £12 would

you attend more games. Yes No

Something a long these lines, would give far more accurate information as to what Rovers need to do to increase the support through the turnstiles. IMO :D

I'm sure there will be the usual negativity, and jibes, so before you start it worked for us. :P

It is only an observation of my own, Only once was I ever contacted by BRFC, and that was when for personnel reasons I did not renew my season ticket.

When I was a teenager I followed Rovers everywhere with a passion. Home, away, coach and train. It wasn't just the game on the pitch, it was the build up, travelling to the game (especially away) and the banter/goading etc on the terraces. Not advocating causing trouble here but when you are a teenager this sort of thing is 'fun' in the absense of a better word.

Cheap to get in, away matches were affordable, me and all my mates went. Didn't matter how the lads were doing, you just went. The atmosphere pre match was good. The build up on the Blackburn End or Riverside, terraces getting fuller, singing to the away fans and so on.

No ####ing tannoys/televisions blaring out at 25 million decibals meaning you can't even talk to the person next to you, just simple, plain atmosphere.

For any young lads going now it must be absolutely boring, just sat there listening to the deafening drivel that is blurted out whist being sat next to some old bloke, old woman or small kids. It's not what they want and it's not what a lot of older folk want for that matter, me included.

Mr Taylor, his report and the price of progress eh?

The club have tried keeping prices down, it seems by the reduced attendances it's not enough.

In these troubled times , taking into account our low fan base , the club have been reasonably successful . People are seriously cutting down on "luxuries" and God help us all when the winter bills start to come in .

The thing is , we have stopped looking at our prices in comparison to other clubs and started to see them for what they're actually are . Against Arsenal , £35 or so for a couple of hours entertainment . It's too much and the worse the economy gets the more people are going to prioritise their money .

With the TV situation in pubs and footy online , the club is pi££ing in the wind . Somebody posted the link from the Telegraph earlier (HERE) . Worth reading is the comment from somebody called Martin half way down the comments page . It's also noteworthy that a fair number of comments are pro the pubs stance . I certainly put myself in that bracket .

I can only see attendances being maintained by further price cuts - in particular aimed at the young - and by "bundling" matches . We have to recognise that the greatest danger of all is having dwindling attendances - that just means bad atmospheres and decreased attractiveness to players and fans alike . A vicious circle .

Not an easy problem to solve .

So come next year when everyone has had his spending power reduced even further.

Arsenal at home £35, pointless you might as well go for volume at a lower margin, than have even more empty seats.

I had read the article earlier. Your rite about the outside sources for live games, Once you start broadcasting live, it's an open invitation to streaming and other illegal (in pub) viewing.

Like it say's everyone is waiting for the outcome of the case in the South.

I just finished watching Liverpool against Marseilles, now given this thread was on about upping the atmosphere at the club I thought I'd post what I saw here. Marseilles have a fan who starts chants via the tannoy, in the end which normally sings. I thought this was quite a good idea. I wonder if the atmosphere would increase if say Rovers where to implement this sort of system?

When I was a teenager I followed Rovers everywhere with a passion. Home, away, coach and train. It wasn't just the game on the pitch, it was the build up, travelling to the game (especially away) and the banter/goading etc on the terraces. Not advocating causing trouble here but when you are a teenager this sort of thing is 'fun' in the absense of a better word.

Cheap to get in, away matches were affordable, me and all my mates went. Didn't matter how the lads were doing, you just went. The atmosphere pre match was good. The build up on the Blackburn End or Riverside, terraces getting fuller, singing to the away fans and so on.

No ####ing tannoys/televisions blaring out at 25 million decibals meaning you can't even talk to the person next to you, just simple, plain atmosphere.

For any young lads going now it must be absolutely boring, just sat there listening to the deafening drivel that is blurted out whist being sat next to some old bloke, old woman or small kids. It's not what they want and it's not what a lot of older folk want for that matter, me included.

Mr Taylor, his report and the price of progress eh?

I agree with CLB.

Watching football these days can be a long drawn out chore.

There is very little fun in it at times.

It`s expensive & a bit sterile.

Introduce a terrace at Ewood & we would be the envy of every premiership club......& the atmosphere would improve tenfold

Is it just the admission cost or is the entertainment value, and I'm not referring to the last couple of games. The gates have been in decline for several years.

Rovers have there own data base of current, and ex ST holders. A more extensive data base of every single house/house owner in the country can be purchased for a few hundred quid, or to keep it more to Rovers catchment area, by post code.

I'm not in the know as to how Rovers market the club to the general public in the area, other than local media and what I see locally, which is not a great deal. Is it enough?

Head of Commercial & Marketing: Simon Williams, Is he doing enough, in the rite area.

What I am suggesting is a survey of the catchment area. Something along the likes of this.

Some may laugh, but after some market research in a local company I was involved in, The gross turn over was up by 7%, within three months of obtaining the feed back, and acting on it in various ways. There was also a tear off discount voucher for there first purchase, which had there address on. We also sent the out the list from our own data base, this way no one lost out on the promotion. at the end of the 12 month period T/O was up 15%.

How do we know it worked.

1. A footfall counter.

2. Increase customer date base

3. A steady growth of sustained T/O.

4. Larger data base, enabled a reduction in local advertising, and targeting people with a direct interest in our product.

So purely as I guide line this is similar to what we asked

1. Do you or have you ever supported a football club . Yes No

2. Our football prices in your area to expensive. Too high About rite Too low

3. Do you support BRFC Yes No

4. Have you ever had a season ticket Yes No

5. Have you paid on the gate over the last 3 seasons Yes No

6. How many games per season did you attend 1-5 1-10 1-19

7. Do you attend Cup matches Yes No

8. If your answer to Q. 3 & 4 is no. Is this down to the

admission cost. Yes No

10. If the season ticket price for the BBE LT was

£195 would you consider purchasing one next season Yes No

11. For the same stand with a walk on price of £12 would

you attend more games. Yes No

Something a long these lines, would give far more accurate information as to what Rovers need to do to increase the support through the turnstiles. IMO :D

I'm sure there will be the usual negativity, and jibes, so before you start it worked for us. :P

It is only an observation of my own, Only once was I ever contacted by BRFC, and that was when for personnel reasons I did not renew my season ticket.

Funnily enough 67 - I have just received a letter from Rovers.

I didn't renew my season ticket this season , primarily because I have another mini CK on the way but other issues with the game made the choice much easier.

In fact this is my 2nd letter in the past month - the first was shortly after the Hull game saying I could still renew my S/T on the early bird as I had held my S/T for a long time with the Hull ticket refunded - the second is a one with a form asking for reasons why I have not renewed.

So obviously there is something being done as I am sure I am not the only one that has received these type of correspondence.

Archived