BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Home Support

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ultra,not having a go .Are you ex pat or a south korean?

how many times have you been to rovers?

Season ticket from 91 to 2007. BBE Upper front row. Managed one game this season before i came back over here- everton away. They have exactly the same problems as us at Goodison- the chants of "where's your famous atmosphere?" from Rovers fans were well deserved. That place was dead! And it was a full house. Its atmosphere not attendance thats the problem at Ewood, as with pretty much all grounds.

Does anybody else think that the 'forced' chanting and clapping as the team comes out (tagged onto the end of the new (@#/?) Wild Rover song) is an insult? And I won't join in because someone is trying to make me clap and cheer, I do that myself thanks.

kool, but you cant plan atmosphere its sporadic you should know that.Ah well its work time.

I thinks its sporadic too and thats exactly why improvement has to come from the stands, not the club. But the atmosphere has to be improved!. So if those who get things going are together, bringing along with a spectacle such as those you see at every topflight club game outside Britain, noise and excitment is miles more likely to happen.

In the top, top games you can rely on mob mentality and one dodgy decision to set things off. But with a fan group, or singning section, (don't really like this term, sounds like the you have to audition for it) chant starting becomes so much more frequent. Singing is not planned or organised, just the concentration and visibility of home support is.

The atmosphere against Fulham will be non existent. Minimal away following and home fans expecting a win will mean an unremarkable game. We need to do something special at every game, be it Fulham or Man U.

I will start singing if the person down stairs in the blackburn end starts FACT.

However i will only sing if we start trying. We didn't even try against Arse so no one sang.

We also have a new drummer who can only be described as dire at the best!

Growing up watching rovers was great on the terraces because of the wit in the songs. Always remember at Huddersfield 'who sings in the cowshed? Nobody, nobody' or 'There's only one Jimmy Saville' when a white haired physio came on against Swindon. (There's many more I'm sure others can remember)

Anyway, my point is that the fans of those days for one reason or another either don't go to games anymore or are too non plussed to start these type of songs. When was the last time anyone sang 'you are my sunshine' or 'We are the Rovers / we are the champions'? It was infectious. These days it's all gerrintoem and Rocky rocky rocky, can't get an atmosphere going on that. At least when Wimberly was getting grief it was entertaining.

Having said all that we're pretty good when our backs are against the wall - I'll refer back to the QPR game just before Kidd got sacked. We were 2-0 down and there was an air of resignation that we were sh1te and we knew it. Then followed one of the most emotional renditions of 'Forever and ever, we'll follow our team' and I swear all the Blackburn End joined in. A mate of mine (a city fan) had come along for the ride and even he said it made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up.

We may not be at the 'QPR' stage yet but the same emotion as showed then wouldn't go amiss. We can but hope.

Spot on LD! Thats a point I've made many times. There is so little wit it's untrue. The most spontanoeus and humerous this season has been one chant about the toilets. I can only think that it's to do with all seater stadia cos everybody knows that todays kids are so much smarter than previous generations.

found it quite refreshing yesterday to here the BBurn end showing signs of spontaneity for the first time since since before the drummer sabotaged it.

once they were woken up by warnock's tackle on their right back, it was good to hear some proper football chants again, that weren't interrupted by the thud!

In terms of numbers, the home support looked healthier than against Arsenal which I was really surprised by - I was expecting a crowd around 16k after the 4-0 drubbing the week before.

After a drab first half on the pitch the crowd also really got behind the side 2nd half I thought.

never mind the tannoy whose that really whiney voiced woman at half time ???? BRING BACK BEAMO

Her name is Katie and she was at dancing classes with my daughter. Did speech and drama at salford or something like that. Daughter is very surprised to see her working at Ewood as her usual reaction to any football talk at dance school was "Oh shut up. I hate football"

And btw I've just noticed that ultrablue is my son!

eh? Are you being serious gb?

Yeah, he doesn't often post and I'd forgotten his username. Just remembered when i saw where he is and the dates he had his season ticket. I am getting old and senile, I know. He used to go with his dad when he was little before the ground redevelopment too so he's been a rovers fan since he knew what football was.

Lets get this cleared up....Rovers fans can match any clubs fans for vocal support when they feel like it

Its become more common these days but it seems to take either a bad decision like a sending off to get the fans riled and singing....the second half support was much better I thought.

I just hope our fans come in good voice on Wednesday...we might need it with the expected horde of travelling Evertonians. :unsure:

£17 seems about right to me. Any news on numbers sold? Are Everton expected to bring a big support? And are the likely to field a full strength side?

Liverpool are charging 25 and they're only playing a lower league team and for Man U Boro you have to pay a whacking £41 according to sky

Archived