BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 20% Warnock

Hughesy

I love my job and the company and would find it hard to leave, but I can be doing a LOT better as far as a career and pay goes, so in a few years when I feel like I'm ready to move on, I will. Why would I settle for a lower position, if I had the opportunity to aim higher and do more? If I left, my company would understand and thank me for my service, or else offer me a better job and pay.

A football team is not like a real person, it's bonkers to think so. My girlfriend wouldn't leave me because I'm Manchester United to her.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love my job and the company and would find it hard to leave, but I can be doing a LOT better as far as a career and pay goes, so in a few years when I feel like I'm ready to move on, I will. Why would I settle for a lower position, if I had the opportunity to aim higher and do more? If I left, my company would understand and thank me for my service, or else offer me a better job and pay.

A football team is not like a real person, it's bonkers to think so. My girlfriend wouldn't leave me because I'm Manchester United to her.

then if I were your girlfriend I'd definitely leave you! :rolleyes:

No.

" And not surprisingly wages are running very similar year on year.

So we have filled the resulting £5m hole with the difference in transfer fees between Stephen and Pascal.

Plus here's the link that tells Miker and Hughesy, that Warnock's transfer fee didn't actually pay off any of the club's debts.

Williams interview.

Oh seriously den. Sorry I used the wrong terminology. It wasn't used to pay off debt, it was used to cover the hole in our wage budget. Is that better?

Point is that Warnock was sold and a replacement was brought in and 5 million was put towards other things to improve the club, whatever that may be. I'm not the type to obsess over every dollar the club spends and where it goes. If the money from Warnock's sale was used to cover last season's deficit and then Salgado was brought in then my guess is that Sam is expected to get a higher league finish to justify those wages.

I honestly cannot believe someone who calls himself a fan of a club can ask this. It's a bit shocking to me that this is how far some footballing "supporters" have fallen.

The answer is that not only would I not join Chelsea, I would ask that my pay be drastically cut so that resources can go somewhere else in the club. There is no possible reason why I would want or need even half of 40k a week. For me, playing for Rovers (if I was that good) would be an honor and a dream, not a "job".

You're seriously deluded if you think this way. It's football, it's entertainment. You cannot compare your current wage with that of a footballer. You might not need 40 grand a week, but when everyone around you is getting more you'd get a tad agitated.

The answer is that not only would I not join Chelsea, I would ask that my pay be drastically cut so that resources can go somewhere else in the club. There is no possible reason why I would want or need even half of 40k a week. For me, playing for Rovers (if I was that good) would be an honor and a dream, not a "job".

Step back and compare it to your situation/ more realistic.

You earn say 25k a year, you have a wife and a kid. You have a chance to do the same job, for a bigger company, with more opportunities and your offered 45k a year, or you can stay with the company you love what would you do?

My girlfriend wouldn't leave me because I'm Manchester United to her.

Whats that, a theiving american that charges for every pleasure you give her?! :lol: Just kiddin.

Oh seriously den. Sorry I used the wrong terminology. It wasn't used to pay off debt, it was used to cover the hole in our wage budget. Is that better?

Point is that Warnock was sold and a replacement was brought in and 5 million was put towards other things to improve the club, whatever that may be.

Your original post said that Warnock's sale was a good move because we brought in another player and used the rest to repay some of the debts. Quite simply that wasn't right because we actually have the same debt now, only we are also paying Salgado probably a very nice wage. That's a completely different scenario because there's a lot of money going into a players pocket that most fans didn't think was necessary - and not exactly being put "towards other things to improve the club".

Do you still think, if that's true, that it was a good move?

One thhing for sure is that Chimbonda is not a better left back than Warnock. He is a talented player and if he was left footed he might match him, but he isn't, and doesn't.

Really? In the three performances I have seen he looks better than Stevie tbh. More solid which is I suppose what you want although he does not offer as much going forward.

Really? In the three performances I have seen he looks better than Stevie tbh. More solid which is I suppose what you want although he does not offer as much going forward.

I agree - how many times did Ashley Young manage to get past him with the ball?

Defensively he is a better player - and to me, that is want you want in your defence.

I really hope that isn't in the narcissistic context that Gumboots took it!

I may be old-fashioned in my views but I would much rather be that than follow the mentality many people around here do. If I wasn't passionate about the club I would see no reason why I would even care about football.

I'm also going to make a topic of this to see just how many people would agree.

Your original post said that Warnock's sale was a good move because we brought in another player and used the rest to repay some of the debts. Quite simply that wasn't right because we actually have the same debt now, only we are also paying Salgado probably a very nice wage. That's a completely different scenario because there's a lot of money going into a players pocket that most fans didn't think was necessary - and not exactly being put "towards other things to improve the club".

Do you still think, if that's true, that it was a good move?

You yourself quoted Walker's article for me where he says the money was used to make up for the hole in the budget. That's called stabilising the club. Salgado was bought after Warnock's sale and I have seen no evidence that Warnock was sold in order to finance a move for Salgado. Salgado wasn't even in the team's plans, Sam just wanted to sign him really bad for whatever reason.

So yes, it was a good move because we switched Chimbonda for Warnock, who has so far been excellent for us and made a healthy profit off it as well. Doesn't matter if it was used to pay off debt, cover the hole in our wage budget or sign another player, the point is that we are better off now following the Warnock sale.

Chimbonda has had, what, 2 MoM games now in only 3 appearances for the club? That's fairly good value I think.

Chimbonda has had, what, 2 MoM games now in only 3 appearances for the club? That's fairly good value I think.

To be absolutely fair, the PJ MOM award always goes to new players. Givet got it last season several times after his arrival, I remember Barry Ferguson getting it a number of times early on when he didn't really deserve it, Samba when he first came in. I think they use it as a confidence boosting thing.

Everyone could see that while Chimbonda played well Di Santo, Dunn, NZonzi, Jacobsen and Samba all had better games. Dunn was MOM by a mile.

He probably did deserve it against WHAM though.

To be absolutely fair, the PJ MOM award always goes to new players. Givet got it last season several times after his arrival, I remember Barry Ferguson getting it a number of times early on when he didn't really deserve it, Samba when he first came in. I think they use it as a confidence boosting thing.

Everyone could see that while Chimbonda played well Di Santo, Dunn, NZonzi, Jacobsen and Samba all had better games. Dunn was MOM by a mile.

He probably did deserve it against WHAM though.

I know what you mean, I agree he deserved it for West Ham, but not for Villa. Still... that's 2 very good performances out of the 3 (or is it 4?) games so far, so I'm quite happy with him.

den: :)...

He had an excellent debut but was ok in the other games, I've been more impressed by Jacobsen to be honest and I worry about him long term at left back. It is far too early to say how good he will be, but he has played left back before and he has been average so far as I know. He wasn't exactly a success there in his first spell at Spurs and he didn't even play there in his second spell. Neither Spurs or Sunderland have great left backs.

I do think he is a talented player, but probably much better at right back.

I certainly do not think he is a better LB than Warnock and I find it difficult to understand why anyone would think he is, especially so early on in his career here.

• 1 month later...

Warnock called up to the England squad.

Hope he does get a run out today. He played brilliantly for Rovers in his time here, and had a lot of good things to say about us when he came back to Ewood with Villa. Deserves to be in the England squad ahead of Bridge, and Ashley Cole who seems to be injured all the time!

Same, hope Warnock does well, he seemed a decent guy. I know some did not rate him on here, but Villa fans have been delighted with his form for them. I have seen Villa a couple of times on the TV and both times he looked quality.

Same, hope Warnock does well, he seemed a decent guy. I know some did not rate him on here,

If there is a league table for least knowledgeable football fans I think ourselves and chelsea will be joint top!

btw I'm not absolving myself from the above..... I don't even know how much we sold him for! Anybody else know?

If there is a league table for least knowledgeable football fans I think ourselves and chelsea will be joint top!

btw I'm not absolving myself from the above..... I don't even know how much we sold him for! Anybody else know?

I think it was around £6-8million, but who cares...it's not as though we see that money anyway <_<

Archived