BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 20% Warnock

Hughesy

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent article, great to here warnock saying these things. Very encoruaging.

Incidentally, I think Warnock's best left at left back, where his tackling and pace are of most use. Olsson looks promising but isn't there yet imo, and should be backup for another season or two. It's good to have a bit of depth/cover at lb though. When Warnock is consistent he's a very very good player, and I'd prefer to see Warnock working on getting the consistancy needed in one position to devlop to his full potential, rather than learning to develop a new role.

Why is it when it is rumoured he wants a move this messageboard was full of posts saying how it is all because of the Ince or the club's fault and everything was bad? When he comes out with positive PR like what other board members wanted from the senior pros of the club, there has hardly been a mumour.

Good on Stevie Warnock. hopefully this will help to dull the anti-Ince and anti-Rovers' crew for a while.

Why is it when it is rumoured he wants a move this messageboard was full of posts saying how it is all because of the Ince or the club's fault and everything was bad? When he comes out with positive PR like what other board members wanted from the senior pros of the club, there has hardly been a mumour.

Good on Stevie Warnock. hopefully this will help to dull the anti-Ince and anti-Rovers' crew for a while.

"Warnock himself was a victim earlier this season as he found himself denying reports he had handed in a transfer request at Ewood.

He said: “It was so far from the truth it was unreal. I just didn’t know where it had come from and it was a surprise to me, the chairman and the manager.

“People just try and sell newspapers and write what they can in them. I am sure the nationals need to sell so they will put anything they can in them. "

I like Warnock and I like his attitude on the field. So I cannot comprehend why he was so reluctant to deny the summer rumours about him leaving for Newcastle and to come out and confirm publically that leaving BRFC was just 'so far from the truth that it is unreal'? :huh:

"Warnock himself was a victim earlier this season as he found himself denying reports he had handed in a transfer request at Ewood.

He said: “It was so far from the truth it was unreal. I just didn’t know where it had come from and it was a surprise to me, the chairman and the manager.

“People just try and sell newspapers and write what they can in them. I am sure the nationals need to sell so they will put anything they can in them. "

I like Warnock and I like his attitude on the field. So I cannot comprehend why he was so reluctant to deny the summer rumours about him leaving for Newcastle and to come out and confirm publically that leaving BRFC was just 'so far from the truth that it is unreal'? :huh:

How do we know he was reluctant? It may have been that there wer so many rumours at the time that it was felt better for nobody to say anything, otherwise we'd be coming out and denying rumours every day. Or it could be that he didn't absolutely know he wanted to stay here and was waiting to see if there was any mileage in the bids from other clubs. Just seems that our player can't do right for doing wrong at the moment.

"It was so far from the truth it was unreal. "

Or it could be that he didn't absolutely know he wanted to stay here and was waiting to see if there was any mileage in the bids from other clubs.

If you read it again gumboots you will find those two statements do not compute.

It might be that it was so far from the truth it was unreal and he didn't wish to leave...

He says the transfer request story was untrue. Putting in a transfer request and waiting to see what if any bids come in are two very different things. It could be that he wasn't actively seeking a move but couldn't or wouldn't stop the rumours of other clubs interest while he waited to see how the new manager settled in. If he hadn't found himself feeling ok with the new manager then he hadn't said he wouldn't go and wouldn't look a hypocrite or whatever. Makes sense to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Warnock has really impressed me in recent times. He seems to have come out as a real leader on the pitch and his midfield performances have been getting better and better. Who would have thought of putting Warnock into the centre of midfield? Genuinely one of the revelations of this season. Well played Stevie.

He has had one dodgy game thus far in the midfield role but i personally think he has been brilliant apart from that. I really think this could be his position for the remainder of the season. He has stamina, speed, creativity, determination and i would stick with him.

For those who have not attended EVERY game he has played in midfield - zip it! No point posting a comment on the one performance you saw. He has the potential to be better than Dunn in that position.

Lets not forget he was player of the season at Coventry whilst playing in that position. He has only played LB for 4 seasons. His natural role was in the middle of the park and he scores goals.

He has given 100% too. Well done Stevie.

• 3 weeks later...

so what? It's always going to be there, the speculation. Point is that if it gets to him like it obviously did before and like it appeared to have done on Saturday when the stories had resurfaced I wonder if a bidding war might not be the best thing for us. If City or Newcastle want him, although the mention of villa as well makes it sound like Nicko's 3 club agent talk then make them pay top price. he seems to switch off very quickly as soon as there's any mentiion of a potential move in the press and Saturday was one of our worst performers. I know he's not strictly speaking a midfielder so perhaps we ought to make some allowances but to go to sleep on the pitch as he appeared to do is unforgiveable

Stevie is at that 'Evening with the Stars' event next week - il ask him straight if he is happy and planning on staying. Il also prompt Simpson & Roque to give us there views on their futures

How did getting Roque to officially commit his future to Rovers last week go, or am I getting that confused with some other event?

I spoke with him and said 'You best still be here in February' and he laughed because of the way I told him, but said 'He Will be'. Im going to ask him again this next week. He seems a top bloke and really genuine - its just his agent that worries me - He is a 1st class prick!

"City staff are stunned that two senior players, particularly 35-year-old Hamann, would react in such a manner and it is understood that their team-mates were appalled when they were told what had happened."

Hamann with an attitude problem? - Never!

Ask the Newcastle fans about that one.

Hughesy, be honest do you really expect Warnock or Santa Cruz to say they are moving. Of course they'll say they're staying put.

I was at the player of the year awards when Bellamy said he wanted to sit down with John Williams to discuss a new contract and that he wanted to stay at the club and that it was the best club he had ever played for... its just talk.

Just because Roque told you he wasn't leaving doesn't make it fact. He's not going to tell you he's off is he!

Archived