BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 20% Warnock

Hughesy

Ricky - Did Bellamy not say that prior to his boyhood club making a bid though?? Most Welsh players would sign for Liverpool over any team.

Im not saying Roque would admit it, but he could avoid it and just smile, but he seems a genuine guy, just like he was in summer and then he signed an extension, despite the media being sure he was off in the middle of all the 'unrest' they tried claiming at the club.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ricky - Did Bellamy not say that prior to his boyhood club making a bid though?? Most Welsh players would sign for Liverpool over any team.

Im not saying Roque would admit it, but he could avoid it and just smile, but he seems a genuine guy, just like he was in summer and then he signed an extension, despite the media being sure he was off in the middle of all the 'unrest' they tried claiming at the club.

He also blatently said that there was no release clause in his contract but I feel you cannot trust anybody in football these days so I tend to think that nobody will tell you they are leaving at an official club event at Ewood.

If it was in social environment with a few drinks flowing that maybe different. Ask Mr. Bentley.

You can try though.

Does anybody else think that Warnock has the cojones to be club captain? He, more than most, seems to have the guts and the nous to be a leader on and off the pitch. He has really impressed me recently and I like it when a player comes out and says what needs to be heard. Out of all the players in the side he's been the one that has influenced the crowd in games (I remember his superbly commited tackle in one game got the crowd going) and seems to be vocal in getting the players going. He's had his say today.

• 3 weeks later...

Steven Warnock - You are a DISGRACE.

Not for being on-off useless, not even for being at fault for most of wigan's goals and costing us the game today, but for the way you then decided to blame everyone else for your own ineptitude.

Stand up and be counted for once and stop moaning and blaming everyone else for your own short comings.

Steven Warnock - You are a DISGRACE.

Not for being on-off useless, not even for being at fault for most of wigan's goals and costing us the game today, but for the way you then decided to blame everyone else for your own ineptitude.

Stand up and be counted for once and stop moaning and blaming everyone else for your own short comings.

He was appalling. No other word for it. Extremely unprofessional and if it were you or I performing so badly in our jobs we'd be facing disciplinary action and possible lack of pay or sacking. I liked Warnock, but today I wondered why. He didn't even give the 20% mentioned in this thread's title.

the poor lad isnt used to defending anymore since that fool ince put him in midfield. Everything wrong with this club is Paul Inces fault. I hate him.

Olsson is terrible, one of the worst fullbacks in the game. I dont trust him atall.

If the foulmouth gob on the Toon has not been put off by Warnock's going missing in the last 3 Prem matches and costing at least 4 goals in the process.... Rovers should snatch his hands off for anything over £4m in January. There must be better defensive left backs available on a free. I agree his defending is poor as he commits himself far too early too often.

Warnock or Olsson? Tough choice.

Both are awful, but awful in slightly different ways. It's like deciding whether to stick needles in your eyes or your balls.

Can we have a third option please?

Thank you, thank you, thank you. That was the best part of my weekend related to Rovers! :lol:

I think Warnock is a very important player for us. If we actually attempt to stay up (sniggers), he will become even more important. OK, he is well out of form and there is no excuse for that really other than to try and shelve some of the blame on Ince but he will come good when it matters and when the change of manager happens.

I feel sorry him, I truly do. he's been playing centre mid for most of the season, we've also seen him on the left wing, in his typical left back position and against United in the CC, i'm sure he was playing just off the striker. Obviously, by trying to respond to the demands that come with all these positions, he has struggled with his return to his normal position. If you add to that the fact that his confidence must be non-existant due to the results of late, you have one confused, out-of-form player.

I haven't lost faith in him at all, this guy is a true professional (if reports are to be believed) and that will be of extreme importance in the new regime which is surely only a day or two off now.

Warnock must be hurting, I just wonder what the defenders must be thinking this second, they have to be very depressed, i hate it when i play bad 5 a side, thankfully normally am quality, but anyway, they must be thinking about bit all the time

I've always thought that he was a top full back , last year he was in the top five players in our squad.A good steady player in attack and defence, his major failing being an impetuous streak , diving in when he should stay on his feet. Recently his form as been awful, maybe because he;s been moved around a lot, maybe because he doesn't trust his centre halves. He seems at the moment to be playing too narrow and giving his opponent far too much room. Is he being told to play that way ? It wouldn't surprise me.

If a new guy came in I'd expect Warnock to be one of our stalwarts ( If he stays).

If a new guy came in I'd expect Warnock to be one of our stalwarts ( If he stays).

Got to agree, you don;t go from being the third best English left back to ###### overnight. Moving the kid around the park, trying to make him into friggin Roberto Carlos is a joke.

We have all seen enough of Steve Warnock to know he is not an awful player.

He needs de-Incing though.

I was trying to think of how to write my thoughts on this - This post saves me the job.

De-Incing is an excellent way of putting it, and looking at our team right now, Warnock isn't the only one who needs De-Incing treatment.

I wasn't suggesting we get rid when i criticised his performance on Saturday, rather that he seemed to have given up on the management and his teammates. His tackle in the Fulham game which lifted the whole team shows that he can do it but he seems to be very much a mood player and when things go wrong for him, he seems unable to put mistakes out of his head and concentrate on getting the next thing he's asked to do right. One mistake seems to lead to a catalogue of errors.

I found it funny on saturday when Warnock went walk abouts for the second goal (leaving Valencia to practically have a free shot on goal) but instead of admittin that he had his head up his arse he decides to have a do at Peds who was at least 4 yards behind the ball.....the mind boggles :huh:

I found it funny on saturday when Warnock went walk abouts for the second goal (leaving Valencia to practically have a free shot on goal) but instead of admittin that he had his head up his arse he decides to have a do at Peds who was at least 4 yards behind the ball.....the mind boggles :huh:

Leaving Warnock to mark both the left wing AND their left back. He chose the wrong option. Pedersen should have been tracking back with the left back, instead he was standing thinking "doesn't my hair look nice today" as he so often does. Watch the goal again. Warnock had to make a choice, but expected Samba or Nelsen to cover the other one, given the uselessness of Pedersen.

Leaving Warnock to mark both the left wing AND their left back. He chose the wrong option. Pedersen should have been tracking back with the left back, instead he was standing thinking "doesn't my hair look nice today" as he so often does. Watch the goal again. Warnock had to make a choice, but expected Samba or Nelsen to cover the other one, given the uselessness of Pedersen.

Totally agree on this - Warnock might have been awful on Saturday but Pedersen was totally non descript and really isn't worth talking about such was his non-entity contributary value to the game.

whatttt? you can clearly see Pedersen tracking back, he just wasn't fast enough.

"Warnock had to make a choice, but expected Samba or Nelsen to cover the other one, given the uselessness of Pedersen."

so really you're saying he should have had a do at nelsen or samba then?

Archived