BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Defending From Corners

We win a corner. Roque runs up to take it and kicks the ball out for a throw in one inch from the corner flag. Bear with me here...

The opposition then have to clear their lines under some pressure from a throw-in next to their goal line. We have all our defenders in position.

At present, the chances of us scoring from a corner are virtually nil due to shocking delivery.

The chances of us conceding from our corners are extremely high. Even Grimsby managed it, Everton and WHU did, Hull nearly did twice and Arsenal fluffed two great chances. Due to a lack of pace (and ability) we are sitting ducks at the moment.

Also we have brought all eleven back for most corners since Dalglish arrived in 1991. Successive managers have followed suit and it seems we are the only team in the Prem doing this now. Rethink is necessary.

Isn't it amazing what goes through your head when you can't sleep.....

As much as Reid's Wigan blaster was a great strike, everyone knows that Steven Reid's nerves don't go below his ankles. Or, that's what it seems like.

He lacks subtletly when it comes to kicking a football - is what I'm getting at. Yet, he is taking some free kicks and corners. Strange. Almost as strange as Jason Roberts taking penalties.

As much as Reid's Wigan blaster was a great strike, everyone knows that Steven Reid's nerves don't go below his ankles. Or, that's what it seems like.

He lacks subtletly when it comes to kicking a football - is what I'm getting at. Yet, he is taking some free kicks and corners. Strange. Almost as strange as Jason Roberts taking penalties.

Completely agree with you, but who else in our team on Saturday has any technique? (Gamst aside - he has technique but his set pieces are woeful) RSC maybe, but Roque's probably the biggest aerial threat that we have. Until Carlos or Treacey perhaps play, then we're going to have to get used to some more Gamst and Reid deliveries I think. Watch out defenders! :huh:

Subtle yet important decisions that really make you wonder how well those in charge understand the ability of the players.

Archived