BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Do You Want!

Iceman

But winning, even if you not playing well is much better than playing well and losing. We are no longer the bully boys, but are being bullied it seems. As much as Mokoena's obvious limitations, this is his time to come in and get those hard tackles in. We need to stop this mindset that we can play total football. Our midfield should realy be pulling their weight, as it seems that going forward, is all they have to do.

Its realy about working hard, and putting the opposition under pressure. We should be giving our opponents, very little time on the ball. Is it me, or are our players looking unfit. We always hear about Rovers as, one of the fittest teams in the league. Just seems our players are not fit at all.

Unlike previouis seasons,I am concerned that this league has not identified any dead certs for relegation and we cant afford to be complacent or too adventurous..... On MOTD our new soft approach was clearly noticed by Mssrs Liniker & Hanson and Im all for hardening up..No bookings against Arsenal..Whats going on??

Let's just take the midfield, the key area on the pitch for me- We have-

Reid, Never reproduced the form he had before all the injuries ( which wasn't great by any means), I saw him have a good game for Eire the other week when he ran the show, why can't he do more for us?

Andrews, Making a massive step up at the late age of 27, he's what I call a spear carrier, never going to win games on his own.

Emerton, Hardworking but not a winger in a million years, he's played better at full back without pulling up any trees. I think he could be decent in centre midfield, good athlete but lacks finesse.

Vogel, The forgotten man, steady Eddie type player but another spear carrier.

Pedersen, Not good enough, too slow, with hindsight we should have cashed in when we had the chance.

Grella, Unknown quantity, but his reputation leads me to think he's a spear carrier as well.

Treacy, Looks like he's could have a future, but this season is probably to soon for him to star week in week out.

Villaneava, Another unknown quantity, could be our saviour but needs to find his feet over here first.

Dunn, Probably our most creative midfielder but given his injury record ( he still misses as many games as he plays) if he's going to be our playmaker we've got problems.

Tugay, Running on empty now, bit part player only.

Mokoena, Another spear carrier, a willing tackler but soon isolated by the officials if he puts it about when nobody else will. Works best in a five man midfield.

I don't think I've missed anybody out, that's the sum total of our midfield, Pace and the ability to beat a man either on the ball or with a pass is severely lacking, as is the ability to get into the box and score goals . I wouldn't like to pick a line up from that lot, we've got ourselves lumbered with 11 players none of whom would be outstanding playing for a championship side. If we play five in the middle where will the goals come from ?

I really think we're in big trouble and I honestly can't see away out, the Fulham game is massive, let's hope Jimmy Bullard has an off day because we've nobody with his levels of skill and energy.

Just noticed an interesting few facts so far on this very useful site. We are still up at the top of the bully boy league, but more interestingly we must be playing different at home to away games. Home bookings = 1, away = 7 and thats after playing Arsenal at home.

Bully boy league

Let's just take the midfield, the key area on the pitch for me- We have-

Reid, Never reproduced the form he had before all the injuries ( which wasn't great by any means), I saw him have a good game for Eire the other week when he ran the show, why can't he do more for us?

Andrews, Making a massive step up at the late age of 27, he's what I call a spear carrier, never going to win games on his own.

Emerton, Hardworking but not a winger in a million years, he's played better at full back without pulling up any trees. I think he could be decent in centre midfield, good athlete but lacks finesse.

Vogel, The forgotten man, steady Eddie type player but another spear carrier.

Pedersen, Not good enough, too slow, with hindsight we should have cashed in when we had the chance.

Grella, Unknown quantity, but his reputation leads me to think he's a spear carrier as well.

Treacy, Looks like he's could have a future, but this season is probably to soon for him to star week in week out.

Villaneava, Another unknown quantity, could be our saviour but needs to find his feet over here first.

Dunn, Probably our most creative midfielder but given his injury record ( he still misses as many games as he plays) if he's going to be our playmaker we've got problems.

Tugay, Running on empty now, bit part player only.

Mokoena, Another spear carrier, a willing tackler but soon isolated by the officials if he puts it about when nobody else will. Works best in a five man midfield.

I don't think I've missed anybody out, that's the sum total of our midfield, Pace and the ability to beat a man either on the ball or with a pass is severely lacking, as is the ability to get into the box and score goals . I wouldn't like to pick a line up from that lot, we've got ourselves lumbered with 11 players none of whom would be outstanding playing for a championship side. If we play five in the middle where will the goals come from ?

I really think we're in big trouble and I honestly can't see away out, the Fulham game is massive, let's hope Jimmy Bullard has an off day because we've nobody with his levels of skill and energy.

Please define spear carrier!

It's a football term that I think originates from the movies, it's usually referring to actors who have a none speaking role and just loiter around in the background, or limited players who have a marginal effect on the performance of the team. Thought you'd be able to figure it out from the players I named. Show ponies are spear carriers who have a poncy haircut, nice tan and sometimes look good on the ball. Guess who I'm thinking of ?

In all honesty i believe we have one true class player Santa Cruz, the rest play well now again, normally when they want a new contract. Nelson has lost too much pace and is a liability now, Samba's head is messed up not even close to being the player he was a while back and he was still suspect then. Simpson is still learning, should be learning in a championship side not the premiership, and warnock wants out, frustrated he couldn't go. Reid and Axe, complete waste of wages, Dunn average at best when not injured, Pederson should of been sold years ago, Macarthy is now just fat and will never be the player he was and Roberts needs 10 chances to score a goal. Apart from that we're fine top 6 finish no problem

After watching the Arsenal game thoughts of who could play for the current Arsenal team, only Santa Cruz would for me would be able to fit into their team which says it all.

Can I ask for pretty game but we won? Lol!

I don't see the fact why can't we do that. We have world class striker (Do not forget this two striker (Cruz and Benni) won champion league title before and they are at striker peak!) With such a strike force, I don't see why can't be play a beautiful. Yes, we do not have the fund but we have the player. I just hope the manager don't place ourselves down. We could be in Euro and actually, I even felt that we could be in the champion league. Just hope the player buck up....

Archived