BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rvers On Tv

aussie odg

Hi Guys

Are you getting many games live on tv,here in oz we have had rovers every week.fulham game on this w/end they show one game then have 4 for viewers choice,sometimes 6 or 7 games on so we can watch who we want hope for a better game this week.

aussie odg

Lucky you we have to wait until November for our first away game on the 23rd. :(

Calls by the Rovers Chairman to halt showing Rovers matches live in pubs are headline news in the local press at the moment and any attempt to recommend a channel or pub showing a match that aint Sky or Setanta is usually edited from the forum..Often thought the BRFCS forum adminstrators and editors were just a bit of software that detect naughty words and are easy to get past with a mizspellink...

Calls by the Rovers Chairman to halt showing Rovers matches live in pubs are headline news in the local press at the moment and any attempt to recommend a channel or pub showing a match that aint Sky or Setanta is usually edited from the forum..Often thought the BRFCS forum adminstrators and editors were just a bit of software that detect naughty words and are easy to get past with a mizspellink...

makes me laugh the telegraph running a story like this slating dogy showings online when it pimps itself online with its paper ...hypocrits.

Here in Denmark every match has been on tv, Fulham this saturday and i think they also will show the match against Newcastle.

The Man U match is going to be on tv also.

Do you have Canal+ in Denmark? If so, I thought they didn't show the Hull game? In fact, I thought pretty much no one picked up the Hull game.

Hi Guys

Are you getting many games live on tv,here in oz we have had rovers every week.fulham game on this w/end they show one game then have 4 for viewers choice,sometimes 6 or 7 games on so we can watch who we want hope for a better game this week.

aussie odg

We had that for all of last season as well odg, watched almost all Rovers games, some weren't on but I reckon I saw about 30-35 of the games last season. I think this will now become the norm outside the UK, with people able to chose which game they want to watch with the "Viewers Choice" button. Makes a refreshing change from a few years ago when I would see about 5 or 6 games a season and usually only because we were playing Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal etc.

Of course it is vital that this does not happen in the UK or we will see massive drops in attendance for the smaller (ie: poorer & Northern) clubs. It's a kind of Catch 22 situation, the only time we want Rovers on TV in the UK is when we play the Big 4 as there will still be a full house at home and anyone missing out can catch it on Sky. But then all the revenue goes to the big clubs as they are shown every week playing every "Small 16" team...

Archived