BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Preview

:rover: 1-1 draw against a very good foolham team :wacko::brfc:

Or is it a very average Rovers team versus a good Fulham team 1-1, if for whatever reason Rovers fail to win this game then the appointment of Ince isnt going to look too good, this has to be a confidence building must win game anything else is a failure of the highest order.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wander will this board be less depressing to read if our last two results were 1-2 and 0-2 lost, which frankly speak was a fairer result.

Although the results were depressing but our performance was not as bad as what they deflected. At least were not playing ugly and lost. :D

Going forward we're creating chances. I'm sure if we can keep Santa fresh, he will bring us goals. To me his finishing and link-up play is below par last match.

Our defence is an issue and I hope Grella is the answer to alot of the problem.

Manage to watch gunners match again, Warnock is truly shocking and I hope Ince be ruthless and drop him at least for this match. Sad to say I cant find

anyone to replace him which i thought we actually need to buy a backup leftback last window. :(

Here's my team

------------Santa-----Roberts

Treacy----Grella----Andrews-----Reid

Ooijer/Whoever--Nelsen--Samba--Emerton

-----------------Robinson

I've kept Roberts there, although he's ineffective against top sides but proves to be very handy against lower team. Treacy to start ahead of Mgp to instill

some needed pace to the play.

I hope for a 1-0 win, but aint going to happen I guess. So its either 2-1 or 1-1. Com'on Rovers!! :rover:

It looks like Dunn will not be playing for us-it's just come on Radio Lancs to say that he's going to undergo surgery and will be out for a number of weeks.

Surely we'd have been better getting him in for surgery straight away than fannying about giving him injections, that's three weeks that have been lost.

It looks like Dunn will not be playing for us-it's just come on Radio Lancs to say that he's going to undergo surgery and will be out for a number of weeks.

Well that is rubbish news. Looked like he could be a real force this term. Typical Dunn!

For me this means we pretty much have to get Carlos involved somehow.

Just wander will this board be less depressing to read if our last two results were 1-2 and 0-2 lost, which frankly speak was a fairer result.

Although the results were depressing but our performance was not as bad as what they deflected. At least were not playing ugly and lost. :D

Going forward we're creating chances. I'm sure if we can keep Santa fresh, he will bring us goals. To me his finishing and link-up play is below par last match.

Our defence is an issue and I hope Grella is the answer to alot of the problem.

Manage to watch gunners match again, Warnock is truly shocking and I hope Ince be ruthless and drop him at least for this match. Sad to say I cant find

anyone to replace him which i thought we actually need to buy a backup leftback last window. :(

Here's my team

------------Santa-----Roberts

Treacy----Grella----Andrews-----Reid

Ooijer/Whoever--Nelsen--Samba--Emerton

-----------------Robinson

I've kept Roberts there, although he's ineffective against top sides but proves to be very handy against lower team. Treacy to start ahead of Mgp to instill

some needed pace to the play.

I hope for a 1-0 win, but aint going to happen I guess. So its either 2-1 or 1-1. Com'on Rovers!! :rover:

I think if anyone replaces Warnock at left back it will be Treacy as he played there against grimsby and during pre season, however, I do not think Ince will drop him yet as he has the potential to be one of our best players. Would like to see Carlos start especially with Dunn out but still get the feeling he wil only be introduced slowly from the bench. Would also like to see Treacy start but on the left wing so I would go for pretty much the team above except Simpson in for Reid and Warnock in for Nelsen.

The news about Dunn indicates this could be the time when all those years of bottling out of investing heavily in midfield, and merely handing Tugs yet another contract, comes back to haunt us.

Nevertheless, if we can sort the defence out, I think the next three games against Fulham, Everton and Newcastle are all very winnable.

Neither side will keep a clean sheet. It is going to be a midfield battle and whoever wins that battle will win the match.

You may as well have the points now then ffan!!

I was worried about the lack of news regarding Dunn's injury, and these fears now seem to have come true. Quite simply, Carlos possibly aside, we don't have one central midfielder with an ounce of creativity (Edit: completely forgot about Tugay, but realistically he cannot last 90 minutes of Prem football). As RB says, our lack of funding in this area may come back to bite us on the arse.

AJ's pace will be too much for our centre halves I'm afraid:

Rovers 1 Fulham 3

The honeymoon period is well and truly over and a defeat will possibly see some sections of the crowd turn on Ince.

In one sense, that's a little unfair on Ince because a lot of people had made their mind up about him before he arrived - hence he wont get much time before they do turn on him. I sensed some of that at the last home game.

If a more "neutral" [bad word I know] manager had been appointed, he would be given much more lee-way than Ince will get.

Still, that's life.

Quite simply, Carlos possibly aside, we don't have one central midfielder with an ounce of creativity

We did have one, but he was too readily discarded.

I wish people would stop with the ascending team-sheets. It looks backwards.

I wouldn't call this a 'must win' game, because even if we put in a solid performance and come away with a draw it'll be a step in the right direction. It all comes down to whether Ince can prove himself tactically in the Premiership.

Provided people are fit in time...

Robinson

Simpson Nelsen Ooijer Olsson

Mokoena

Emerton Tugay Warnock

Villanueva

Santa-Cruz.

Am very very concerned about Rovers lack of creativity.

Yes we look ok going forward but we dont want to seem to put the ball in the net.

Yes we have a leaky defence, but then again we alway have been a team that loses incredulously stupid goals.

Yes we look like the team to offer Fulham an away win after how many games without one.

0-2 Fulham I am afraid. the gloom to settle over Ewood, Ince out chants and boos to ring around Ewood.

Like Abbey, Hope I'm wrong <_<

Fulham are crap on the road "usually"

They lost at Hull opening day and bar the wins against Citeh and Pompey towards the end of last season which were extraordinary victories by all accounts they have always been poor travelers.

Our defense has had a serious wake up call in recent weeks and I expect them to be drilled all week and ready for action come Saturday.

I'd play

Robbo

simpson samba nelsen warnock

emerton tugay grella pedersen

pineapple

santa cruz

Grella can protect the back 4 and allow our full backs to get down the flanks, tugay and pineapple can do the creative work for cruz with emerton and pedersen getting in the box as much as possible to support.

If pineapple isn't ready yet then what the (Please don't use that word again)ing hell is he doing?

Tugay should last an hour and we have many ready made replacements on the bench. Can't believe how much we rely on this fella to get us out of the ###### at his age!

I think it will be a tight game which we should edge. Another heavy defeat will see me in the "ince out" brigade. He's had a full week to plan this game with no internationals or distractions. We are in the relegation zone because win can't win football games. Maybe it's the players fault but who picks the players and the tactics, the buck always stops with the manager and i'd rather act now before it's to late.

Any news on Grella's Injury?

Will he be fit enough to play in the Fulham game?

Grella, Ooijer and Dunn still injured, but not Zurab?

And what can we deduce from tonights reserve game? Fowler only played one half meaning he's likely to be on the bench on saturday? Judge, Villanueva nowhere to be seem so ditto for them?

At least in the squad eh.

Lawro may say 1-1 but I say 3-1 Rovers.

Its time for some of our chances to be taken and its got to be "The Pineaplle Show", surely?

Must admit it must be time to unleash Carlos on the Premiership. Without Dunn we lack creativity - putting in Carlos will provide a spark we have been missing.

This is a far tougher match than many people seem to be thinking. For me a draw would be a step in the right direction - providing there are signs that things are starting to gel.

If carlos doesn't start - Ince could do worse than give Treacy a start - maybe even play him on the right wing.

Only quickly read the above posts but i think people have missed a major factor.

Andy Johnson has not scored for Fulham yet. That means he will most definitely score on Saturday.

I think it is a must win game, 3 more points and the table looks a little better.

I couldnt make the Grimsby game (only one i have missed) and i have been gutted so far that i have not seen Carlos. He must play on Saturday, even if its just for the fans..

My team would be:

Robinson

Emerton Ooijer Zurab Warnock

Reid Andrews Grella Treacy

Carlos

RSC

That has to be the worse midfield in the league

Only quickly read the above posts but i think people have missed a major factor.

Andy Johnson has not scored for Fulham yet. That means he will most definitely score on Saturday.

I think it is a must win game, 3 more points and the table looks a little better.

I couldnt make the Grimsby game (only one i have missed) and i have been gutted so far that i have not seen Carlos. He must play on Saturday, even if its just for the fans..

My team would be:

Robinson

Emerton Ooijer Zurab Warnock

Reid Andrews Grella Treacy

Carlos

RSC

I cant understand, why people stil persist with Reid. The guy is useless, and he offers the team nothing. If Yildrim impresses, surely we must get him in. Our right side is stil looking terrible, and thats where alot of our goals last season came from. 4-5-1 its got to be, nothing else. Carlos should start, with Mokoena and Grella, with Treacy down the left, and Gamst down the right. Bert at right back, with Ooijer and Samba as the centre back pairing, and Warnock at left back.

Archived