BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Preview

Crucial game for us. Lose this and we know that we're in for a relegation battle. Win it, and there may be some prospect for improvement.

Given our frailities recently and the lack of a proper right midfielder, i'd be radical and go with:

Robinson

Emerton Ooijer(Or Zurab) Nelsen Warnock

Axe Grella

Carlos

Roberts RSC Pedersen

But i fully expect to see this tomorrow:

Robinson

Simpson Samba Nelsen Warnock

Emerton Reid Andrews Pedersen

Roberts RSC

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My team would be:

Robinson

Emerton Ooijer Zurab Warnock

Reid Andrews Grella Treacy

Carlos

RSC

I have been saying about playing 4-4-1-1 to accomodate Charles Newton with the back four as you state. That team is pretty much spot on for me. My only changes, in an ideal world, would be a new right winger and Dunn, when fit, in for Andrews.

2-1 to Rovers in front of 18,117

Game abandoned after 62 minutes due to local residents complaing the noise from the Blackburn End is too loud. :huh:

To me the simple answer is to get back to basics and the traditional and more organised and understood 442 with players in their natural positions.

according to Radio Lancs this morning - Dunn ,Grell, Kish and OOjer are out so short of any quality back up really for CB so the pairing has to be Samba and Nelsen even though I still don't think they operate well together - something I mentioned a while ago.

Warnock needs top be told to defend , and MGP needs to be told to attack and get that ball forward

Simpson is a right back so stick him there

Reid needs dropping - too many mistakes and slow thinking on the ball.

Emerton on the right as nobody else but does have speed - same modus operandi as MGP

Tugay in the middle and told to stay there and patrol and help the defence - the only one we have with any nous and that can pass a ball - if he brings his invisible friend, then so be it.

If fit enough and well - with Tugay -Ricky Villa neuva needs to be given the chance to show what everybody appears to thinks he is - if not - then stick in Judge if fit ( he has the energy and combatitiveness to compete with Bullard).

Up front RSC + Benni (yep fat benni) /Derbyshire - we need goals and a bit more than a battering ram Roberts.

Focus should be on concentration and what there actual jobs are for their position.

Get back to doing what they should be able to do without thinking about it and maybe we may see a bit of what we should be seeing.

i know people want to see carlos villaenuva included but many have are leaving roberts out?? hes been our best most dangerous striker this season..it would be unfair to leave him out...

with the injuries we have- i think we have to pick the same team as against arsenal..

playing fulham wont be easy, but hopefully we are up for it after losing heavily to arsenal..

We desperately need a win, though I honestly can't see us getting it. I think a draw is the most likely result against a Fulham side that has had some good performances so far this season.

I think we will line up as this:

Robinson

Simpson Samba Nelsen Warnock

Emerton Reid Andrews Pedersen

Santa Cruz Roberts

Not the formation i want to see, but that's the one i think Ince will pick. I'd personally look to playing 5 in midfield to shore up the defence or allow someone like Carlos to make forward runs and allow him some creative freedom.

Well I have a bad feeling about this like many others, even though Grella looked averagea against West Ham haveing him back would have been an advantage as he would have shored things up.

What we CANNOT DO is have Reid and Andrews in the midfield together. If we do I will cry.

Its getting a bit desperate but I would like to see up line up like this as Grella and Ooijer are out:

------------------Roberts

--Treacy---------Carlos---------Cruz

------------Vogel-------Emerton

Warncok---Nelsen---Samba---Simpson

------------------Freidal

Subs: Bunn, Zurab, Mokoena, Reid, Andrews, Pedersen, McCarthy

This is a massive game for Ince and for Rovers.

While I was in the "hopeful - wait and see" camp regarding the new manager I am pretty sure if we fail to win this game he will not last beyond until the Paddy Power Gold Cup at Cheltenham.

The past week will have had to be used extremely well to get the team into some sort of shape.

We need to get forward much quicker - the players not the ball - and mark up much better than last week.

We await a performance and a win.......

:rover: from the last game these players do not deserve to play tomorrow

warnock-sulks more than benni

samba-since his 4 year contract,has gone from bad to worse

nelsen-never been the same player since his injury

reid-woeful

:angry:

zurab was injured for the 2nd georgia game,is he fit

oojjer-not fit but our best centre back

so as you see,replacing failing players is going to hard :brfc:

Replace those players with just who Waggles? we are stuck with them and they need to start playing how we all know they ruddy well can.

I'm reading with some trepidation folk saying a point wont be disastrous but if we cant win at home againt the likes of Hull and Fulham then by christ its going to be a tough season and some.

Lets hope for ALL connected with Rovers its three points in the bag.

I see its been confirmed that Andre will be fit for this game, so it will be interesting to see if he plays and if so where?

If i was a betting man i would bet that Andre comes in at right back, though personally i would drop Samba and play Nelsen and Andre at the back. Dropping Samba might give him a kick up the backside he needs, if he knows that his performances aren't up to scratch then there is someone who can come in and do a job.

So Dunny's shocking injury has been compounded by our big summer signing being sidelined for at least one month. Our midfield simply will not be good enough for Premiership football until they either come back or we bring in some new blood in January.

Then again Carlos may come into central midfield, and look the boy.

However I suspect Ince will go with a Andrews/Reid combo yet again in midfield, and with Emerton on the right, I think we'll be extremely hard pushed to get anything out of this game.

So Dunny's shocking injury has been compounded by our big summer signing being sidelined for at least one month.

My other concern about Grella is that people who saw him at WH say he didn't look match fit, so it's going to take him time to get up to that level.

"We came in late"

"We don't know our best formation"

"We can't go out and get a £10 mill replacement for Dunny"

"We only have a small squad"

These were all comments made by PI on Radio Lancs today in advance of the game tomorrow.

He also said it was a time to pull together-including fans.

and that is exactly why the majority on here think we are going to lose.

I totally agree that the lack of purchase or loaning of a midfielder is going to haunt us big time.

Paul Gallagher would be the ideal man to play just behind the front man whilst emplying The Axe offers a little bit of protection for the back 4.

Tomorrow we are going to need it.

"We came in late"

These were all comments made by PI on Radio Lancs today in advance of the game tomorrow.

Just been reading/watching Inces' comments ahead of the match tomorrow. Seems to be a lot of moaning going on............

"We came in late"

Does he want us to play? :unsure:

"We came in late"

In my opinion you can add:

"we were unlucky to lose/draw that game, we should have won it"

after tomorrow night: Rovers 1-3 Fulham

So many excuses already. What happened to "judge me after 5 games"? Ince will be under a lot of pressure if we lose tomorrow.

I just can't see where the creativity is going to come from with the team that will probably play tomorrow. As we are dodgy at the back this will probably mean us losing 0-1. We need to give Carlos a go as he might be our saviour...he might not but it's worth a punt....get him in from the start.

Archived