BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Baldness, Wigs And Gimmicks !

As I mentioned in my Fulham match view yesterday I was pondering about a lad in front of us, who by the looks of it has made a very very unman like effort in trying to hide the effects of baldness.

It got me thinking in the first 45 minsutes, why men just dont accept that when baldness strikes it is not a problem, and that the serious alternatives for the follicly challenged are nothing short of expensive gimmicks.

I therefore want to put it to the members.

If you suffer from a balding pate would you consider the following ;

1. The use of a wig.

2. The use of sprays to hide the fact your losing your hair.

3. Just let nature take its course and accept it.

4. Hair transplant.

5. If your best mate suffered and made a complete mess of the use of a spray would you tell them your view ?

Its an age old thing and one that kind of upsets people, but for me, being one who has lost it, I couldnt really be arsed about it as there is nothing that can be done to prevent it. However, the lad who sits in the front rows in front of us, must have some issues as he looks a complete mess and surely, its time for his mates to tell him so.

I know it is not football but as you can gather, the first 45 minutes made me think about something else other than football at Ewood.

As I mentioned in my Fulham match view yesterday I was pondering about a lad in front of us, who by the looks of it has made a very very unman like effort in trying to hide the effects of baldness.

It got me thinking in the first 45 minsutes, why men just dont accept that when baldness strikes it is not a problem, and that the serious alternatives for the follicly challenged are nothing short of expensive gimmicks.

I therefore want to put it to the members.

If you suffer from a balding pate would you consider the following ;

1. The use of a wig.

NO BLOODY WAY

2. The use of sprays to hide the fact your losing your hair.

NO

3. Just let nature take its course and accept it.

YES

4. Hair transplant.

POSSIBLY. Only cos having a bald head under hot sun is crap

5. If your best mate suffered and made a complete mess of the use of a spray would you tell them your view ?

CERTAINLY... In fact I'd delight in doing so.

A few years ago, I used to have bushy hair, but I've noticed it's become very thin. So much so, I can see my scalp at times. The men in my family don't suffer with baldness. My father doesn't have a bad head of hair for his age, so I don't know if it's anything to worry about. It's not receding, just feels thin on top. :wacko:

I'm virtually bald and what is left is white or silver. To answer 1864's question I couldn't give two hoots about anyhting other than that's how it is.

In our early 20's the good lady and I were in New York taking the ferry to view the Statue of Liberty. On returning home we looked at the photos which contained one with a balding head in the foreground. I can remember being very upset when my wife pointed out this was me as I had no idea. Refused to believe her till she got a mirror!! I think that was the first and last time it worried me.

A few years ago, I used to have bushy hair, but I've noticed it's become very thin. So much so, I can see my scalp at times. The men in my family don't suffer with baldness. My father doesn't have a bad head of hair for his age, so I don't know if it's anything to worry about. It's not receding, just feels thin on top. :wacko:

Apparently it follows the chaps on your mother's side of the family...

"Dave, your hair is twitching and making pellets."

You can't beat a good comb over or bad wig. I had to go to a talk at Brum Uni as part of my post-grad course given by Simon Jenkins (think it was him). It was quite relevant and interesting, but then I spotted something very distracting. The best comb over in the world. It was both Bobby and Jack Charlton. In the audience was a man who had thick, wiry dark hair on the sides of his head. The sort of hair that you can scrub pans with. In his wisdom, this man had tried to tame his hair by dragging it over his considerable bald patch, an act that seems to have gone on for many years. Despite that, the hair was protesting about its treatment and making a break for freedom. The hair was not the sort to comb over at all, which made it even better. I wish I could have taken a picture.

Apparently it follows the chaps on your mother's side of the family...

Indeed. As a young man, my maternal grandfather had wavy red hair, the git. I suffer from the same ailment but stifle the curls by keeping it short and neat. I have my father's texture (thick) but not his colour (black) I'm sad to say. I'll not go bald naturally anyway.

I used to have a lot of hair, it was very long. I didn't cut it for years after I left school. Then, one day I caught myself on a security camera monitor in a shop and was horrified to see that I had a bald crown, so I got it cut off pretty soon after, much to the hilarity of my mates.

Thing is, I started to pull even more birds than I did before - incredible I know, but they seemed to like it...... ^_^

I used to have a lot of hair, it was very long. I didn't cut it for years after I left school. Then, one day I caught myself on a security camera monitor in a shop and was horrified to see that I had a bald crown, so I got it cut off pretty soon after, much to the hilarity of my mates.

Thing is, I started to pull even more birds than I did before - incredible I know, but they seemed to like it...... ^_^

I'm not suprised. Nothing looks more pathetic than long wispy back and sides with a bald pate. Some people must not possess a mirror.

Archived