BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Loony Toons: Newcastle Preview

Was there a protest last season?

It was a bit half arsed in all fairness. Just a few shouting sack the board / manager. Probably more out of habit than anything else.

If you check the small print on your ticket it does say "In the unlikley event of there not being a fans protest after the match no refunds will be provided. Newcastle United would like to apologise now just on the off chance like."

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Base on news coming out from our official website, can sense some competitive vibes going on in the rovers camp now.

Under Paul Ince, everyone seems to have equal chance to show what they're capable of and I think the club benefited from it last cup game.

All seven came in made an impression and I may not want to be in Ince's shoe now on who to start with today. :D

I think apart from Santa as Ince describe him as our talisman, no one is guaranteed a place.

Bit refreshing compared to our previous regime where you will see the same personnels week in week out irregardless of their form.

On Newcastle, their defence is in mire. Both Coloccini and Taylor were clueless against the hammers. And I rated the former lad.

Attacking front, Owen is our only threat and need to keep out, funny he always score against us no matter what condition he's in. <_<

I think most of the players that start at fulham will start today. Only Mgp and Roberts are my doubts who got sub early. Villanueva and Derby to take their place.

My prediction another 1-0 to Rovers. :rover:

The Soccer Saturday panel are against us Charlie, Pinochio and Mcnally going for a 2-1 Toon win and Tony Cottee going for the draw.

I think we can get the win 1-0 or 2-1, Kinnear doesn't take over until Monday but I'm sure he will be talking to the players and they will want to inpress their new short term boss.

In the Racing Post today in the verdict column of the match, they quote Rovers team as being 'bog standard opponenets' I hope Ince shows this to all involved today and they go out and put on a footballing lesson for the geordie nation.

Fully hope Ooijer and Zurab in the centre and that Carlos gets in a good thirty minutes or so to play with Cruz.

Following Everton last week...

I would like to see....

(Robinson)

Simpson Ooijar Kinish Olson

Emerton Andrews Warnock (capt) Carlos

Derbyshire RSC

I'd like to Robbo too but he's out for two games. Change Andrews for Tugay and I'll go with that team

In the Racing Post today in the verdict column of the match, they quote Rovers team as being 'bog standard opponenets' I hope Ince shows this to all involved today and they go out and put on a footballing lesson for the geordie nation.

It also gives their recommended bet on the game as Andrews first goalscorer !!

• Backroom

I see Rovers traditional charitable ways continuing here, 3-1 to them.

I hope he plays Carlos just off RSC, for me Derbyshire had his chance to impress up front on Wednesday but blew it with that ridiculous finish. However emo has to be in CM for me therefore maybe give Matty a try on right wing basically cause we have nobod else half decent there.

MANAGER Paul Ince has made five changes from the side that faced Fulham in the Premier League last Saturday.

Jason Brown, Tugay, Martin Olsson, Matt Derbyshire and Carlos Villanueva all come in for their first starts in the league this season.

Going out from last weekend is the injured Paul Robinson, Keith Treacy, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Jason Roberts and Keith Andrews.

It will be interesting to see how Rovers line up as there are numerous options...

NEWCASTLE: Given, Coloccini, Cacapa, Owen, Duff, Basong, N'Zogbia, Xisco, Geremi, Butt, Taylor. Subs: Harper (GK), Ameobi, Edgar, Tozer, Doninger, Ronaldson, Ranger.

• Backroom

Well done Ince, you have to appluad that type of progressive managment, people now know any place is there to be won by a good performance in any game.

Hats off to him regardless of the outcome.

Archived