BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shares/ Stocks Thread

As Yoda rightly pointed out, probably best to have our own thread for this.

So come on you share magicians, all your good advice and help in here.

Im new to it all but im currently doing a paper trial of it. Im trying to get all the advice I can before I take a step into it with my money so any help is good.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The price of oil is rising this morning. Tin hat time again.

Yep, went over $100 yesterday. I heard they had reduced production, therefore less fuel (when more is needed) is obviously going to push the price up.

Just think every time oil goes up $1 a day, Abbu Dhabi fella makes an extra £330m.

EDIT: Based on the end of week rally, it is no surprise that the DJIA is down... Check Asian + Pacific indices tomorrow, for a likely drop, based on the back of this movement.. (not that I am advising this) ;)

Close 22/09

NIKKEI 225 12,090.59 Up 169.73

HANG SENG INDEX 19,632.20 Up 304.47

S&P/ASX 200 INDEX 5,020.50 UP 216.40

As I mentioned yesterday, on Asian and Pacific Indicies (see above).

Close 23/09

NIKKEI 225 12,090.59 N/A - Public Holiday in Japan for the Autumnal Equinox.

HANG SENG INDEX 19,091.40 Down -540.80

S&P/ASX 200 INDEX 4,923.50 Down -97.00

Note: all other Asian Indices are down too.. ;)

From the other thread....

Theno - Mainly due to two reasons

1. Slide in USD vs EUR currency

2. (Main reason) Yesterday was the last day of trading in the Oct Oil Futures - these have now expired. Hedge positions need to be closed out..

If you notice the current price today (Nov Contracts), its back down to $107ish (admittedly still high). May go higher today

EDIT: Click me for latest price

Yep, went over $100 yesterday. I heard they had reduced production, therefore less fuel (when more is needed) is obviously going to push the price up.

Not really Hughesy, see my answer above.

Note; Oil actually climed to a high of $130 yesterday and dropped to around $120 bbl. Biggest 1 day jump ever.. talk about volatility :o

EDIT: Btw- I'll PM you later

Still waiting mate! lol

Another Q for you - when the shares end, can you buy them before it re-opens the next day at that ending price or do you have to wait until the 1st min of trade the next day??

If you're asking questions like that you really shouldn't be doing this.

Just think every time oil goes up $1 a day, Abbu Dhabi fella makes an extra £330m.

....and City fans are bragging its £330million extra for them to spend....100 million for Santa would leave me sad but not too heartbroken

Still waiting mate! lol

Another Q for you - when the shares end, can you buy them before it re-opens the next day at that ending price or do you have to wait until the 1st min of trade the next day??

Sorry on the delay, very busy with work at the moment - have just sent you a PM.

Well I stopped on the 23rd because Barclays started to wobble and decline on the share prices based on my strategy.

Barclays would of made me £1,407.99 - so £407.99 profit

the other i was watching would of made £1,574.31 so again it would of been £574.31 profit.

However obviously if I continued up until this week then it would of probably dropped quite abit.

T4E - He asked about the 'hypothetical investment' which I have been doing as advised by AussieInUk.

Be careful ! If he were any good at it he wouldn't be cowering over a screen in London worrying about his job.

Do as much research as you can, trust your own judgment and make your own decisions.

Then retire early. It's easy if you know how <_<

T4E - He asked about the 'hypothetical investment' which I have been doing as advised by AussieInUk.

Whats your problem! Im not just going to throw £1000 away without doing research and testing out the water!

Christ :blink:

Be careful ! If he were any good at it he wouldn't be cowering over a screen in London worrying about his job.

Do as much research as you can, trust your own judgment and make your own decisions.

Still haven't got a clue do you Jim? - Who's cowering over a screen in London or worrying?? Not I, Victor. B)

I on the other hand, am actually making very decent money out of this current volatile market (as I said previously in this thread) and I have a very well paid job.

You still worried about your pension fund now that you have retired early?

I have simply asked Hughesy, to read up on a few good authors and check a list of websites, for daily research. I also asked him not to personally trade, until he is comfortable... I haven't asked him to take any trading decisions based on my advice, nor would I offer one. This is something that people need to do themselves

What was your advice again? Oh, that's right, pull your saving out of on Natwest bank, because RBS will collapse soon (see below) and only look to long term investments. I'll say this again, you haven't a bloody clue. ^_^

RBS shares in freefall ; 20 per cent yesterday and another 9 per cent this morning. Even without short-sellers investors are showing that this could be the next HBOS.

Anyone with NatWest savings might like to consider their options - and soon.

EDIT: Btw - Here is the RBS historical PX data from Bloomberg

24th - Up 3.32%

25th - Up 5%

26th - Down 5.67%

29th - Down 12.98%

30th - Down 1.1%

Currently trading at a price of 180.8 or up 1.006%

Not to sure where you got your down 20% for the day of 29th from?... then again, most of your posts are complete rubbish anyway! <_<

Jog on muppet and keep guessing, maybe someday you'll get something right.. ;)

Whats your problem! Im not just going to throw £1000 away without doing research and testing out the water!

He wasn't pointing out anything about what you would have done with your shares. It was that you cannot read or write properly. It is WOULD HAVE not would of !

Then retire early. It's easy if you know how <_<

:rolleyes: Call yourself a true labour supporter?

Entrepreneur? Capitalist? You're just about the biggest Thatcherite I know.

Archived