BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Everton

Hasta

I don't think Santa Cruz will play. He was limping badly towards the end of the Fulham game.

I hope they don't take revenge for their 4-1 home cup defeat by us last season but one.

I think we may get beat.

Hope I'm wrong :brfcsmilie:

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a couple of mates who are Toffees.

They don't know each other but both are lamenting the lack of numbers in the squad. Kenwright has said that the club doesn't have the money to compete with the big clubs.

With the Liverpool derby & the Eufa game coming up we may well be seeing a few new faces in Everton shirts.

Maybe David Moyes will give this game low priority.

Osman looking for revenge?

"We'll be going into this match really positively and wanting to win the game.

"Last year we got to the semi-finals and we really enjoyed it and we want to go a step closer this year.

"To lose the way we did to Blackburn on the opening day of the season with a last-minute goal was disappointing, even though it was offside.

"It's all in the past now. It was a disappointing start for us and this gives us the opportunity to go back and put a few things right."

Could be a tricky tie. However, i'd be happy with a 1-0 win.

Not sure if Paul Ince will ring a few changes tomorrow, but if nothing else I'm hoping after a good performance on Saurday that he sticks with Paul Robinson.

Hopefully he can keep another clean sheet and build his confidence still further. Wouldn't like to see Brown come in, make another major blunder, and hand Everton victory.

As it's my birthday today, I'm feeling optimistic we can get a victory :)

We haven't done too bad over the seasons on this day, the win 3 seasons ago to the day stands out by a mile though!

I really hope Ince sends out the players to really go for it as it's a opportunity to get into Europe and the odds of playing the dingles in the next round have every chance.

Its a simple case that he must go out to win with the strongest line up regardless - if not only to up his Ante against the doubters.

Forget about the next game until it arrives, as it should be done.

The problem we have is that we have not exactly been that successful at home against the Toffees for a while.

Emerton should be the first CM on the teamsheet just now.

I'm not sure abou that as he seems like the only mildly competant right winger! We need him out there. That said we could go:

-----------------Roberts

---Treacy-------Carlos------Derbyshire

---------Mokoena----Emerton

Warncok---Ooijer---Samba---Simpson

----------------Robinson

I would actually be prety confident about that side, and it would give Cruz a rest to be brought on later.... If the axe can't make it then you could bring in Toogs but then we would be very brittle.

As it's my birthday today, I'm feeling optimistic we can get a victory :)

Happy birthday Presty, it's mine as well today, I have seen Ince on SSN saying it's important to have a cup run but he's also looking at the match on Saturday as well and may rest some legs tonight.

Tough match tonight,would love to see Carlos start.I hope the few Rovers fans at Ewood sing up as they will be needed!

People are talking about the prices again I see :rolleyes:but where do the Scousers find the money from?

Rovers 1 Everton 2

Att 13,600

Where do you think? Our Taxes!! <_<

It will be a tough game, however, with Everton not in the best of form, we can capitalise on this and nick a 1-0 victory. However, I feel some will find some sort of Criticism if we win.

Archived