BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shearer And Reffing Howlers

Flopsy

It was indeed and it was a provilege to witness the equal highest aggregate double in Rovers' history.

I miss having Forest in the Prem.

Before the 7-0 there were two 4-1 home wins and the aggregate score in the three consecutive doubles ran out at 24-3 if I remember correctly .

On leaving the City Ground after the 5-1, a Forest fan simply said to me "I wish you lot would leave us alone."

Incidentally, Forest came to Ewood for the 7-0 thrashing lying second in the Prem and on the back of a 25 game unbeaten run.

I was in Oz on holiday for the 7-0, staying with a friend and his wife. We'd been playing badly, and Forest well. When he came home from work and said did I want to know the score, I said "not really". "Go on, guess", came the reply. "Oh all right then, 7-0", said I. " How did you know that?" he said. "we REALLY lost 7-0?" said I, by this time thoroughly miserable. "No, you WON 7-0". Cue me falling off chair and giving a few words which cannot be repeated here. And cursing the fact that I'd gone on holiday and missed it. In fact the only big score game I saw was the Sheffield Wednesday 7-2. Missed all the others!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a good game Jan. One of their strikers got injured at around 1 or 2-0, Jason Lee I think. So on came Super Anrea Silenzi. 2-0 and looking OK at half time, ad then it went mental in the second half. Colin Cooper got sent off and we scored 5 goals. Forest Green Rovers would have done a better job that day. They were so bad I think even I could have come on as a sub. It was a game where you watch it and think 'what the hell is going on? This is mental!' (A feeling Hull and Spurs fans must be experiencing, but for varying reason).

At the City Ground, Rovers went 5-1 up with about 25 minutes left when the Rovers fans got onto Mark Crossley who was in goal directly in front of us in a way I have never heard a set of fans do to an opposition keeper since the Kop and Garry Sprake- absolutely derisive stuff with "Dodgy Keeper" the only printable chant.

From that point on Crossley was inspired pulling off a stunning save from Wilcox and saving two one-on-ones from Shearer. Up until that day I had never seen Shearer fail to score when clean through on the keeper (unless you count the close-in last minute effort that hit the keepers legs against Legia at Ewood).

We should have kept our mouths shut!!!

At the City Ground, Rovers went 5-1 up with about 25 minutes left when the Rovers fans got onto Mark Crossley who was in goal directly in front of us in a way I have never heard a set of fans do to an opposition keeper since the Kop and Garry Sprake- absolutely derisive stuff with "Dodgy Keeper" the only printable chant.

From that point on Crossley was inspired pulling off a stunning save from Wilcox and saving two one-on-ones from Shearer. Up until that day I had never seen Shearer fail to score when clean through on the keeper.

We should have kept our mouths shut!!!

Similar to the Forest fans chanting "You'll never score for England" to Shearer in the opening minutes of the game at Ewood.

One AS hattrick and 4 other goals later, I bet they wish they'd kept their mouths shut.

Similar to the Forest fans chanting "You'll never score for England" to Shearer in the opening minutes of the game at Ewood.

One AS hattrick and 4 other goals later, I bet they wish they'd kept their mouths shut.

That happened week in week out! He rammed that chant down so many throats it was uncanny.

Archived