BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Shields Is Still In Prison?

That Liverpool fan is STILL in a Bulgarian jail? I've been reading how at the time the Bulgarian police barged into his apartment while he was sleeping, threw a t-shirt on him and stuck him in a line-up with three swarthy Bulgarians. And despite even passing a lie detector and other testimony, he's still locked up?

What gives?

I had the pleasure (or should that be displeasure?) of going on Holiday to Varna, Bulgaria in 2005. I believe that this Liverpolian also went to Varna.

I can honestly say that the police is as corrupt as possible. Imagine Eastern Russia 20 years ago and you get the idea.

Children rumaging around in packs in the streets, officers literrally beating the ###### out of people for fun. Not a nice place.

We also went into a bar that refused to let us leave until we paid an entrance fee (this was after being in the bar for an hour).

Overall

Avoid Bulgaria

I had the pleasure (or should that be displeasure?) of going on Holiday to Varna, Bulgaria in 2005. I believe that this Liverpolian also went to Varna.

I can honestly say that the police is as corrupt as possible. Imagine Eastern Russia 20 years ago and you get the idea.

Children rumaging around in packs in the streets, officers literrally beating the ###### out of people for fun. Not a nice place.

We also went into a bar that refused to let us leave until we paid an entrance fee (this was after being in the bar for an hour).

Overall

Avoid Bulgaria

Never been to Bulgaria so I've no personal experience of it but isn't that like saying ...'I've been to Blackpool, it's crap so dont go to England'? Or I've been to San Antonio.... Spain is sh1t etc?

Isn't it you who always says that people should obey the local laws and customs when visiting another country? Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

Yes I do , American .

But I'm sure that being asleep in one's hotel room whilst someone else somewhere else is kicking the sh^t out of a local citizen doesn't constitute a crime in any country - even in Bulgaria . <_<

Archived