BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Riverside

DanLad

I sit in the Riverside and I must say that I get pigged off with this constant accusation that we all go off early. I have watched all around and I have seen that by far the worst early leavers are the Blackburn End. It's not as obvious because they all dive furtively down the tunnels but you can see them if you look for it.

Don't be so smug and get your own house in order before you start criticising anyone else.

Anyone who actually goes to watch the football will tell you that its the best place on the ground to do so. A side view is always the best but the Jack Walker stand is too steep so that if one clown leans forward the rest of the row can't see one corner of the ground.

I sit in the Riverside and I must say that I get pigged off with this constant accusation that we all go off early. I have watched all around and I have seen that by far the worst early leavers are the Blackburn End. It's not as obvious because they all dive furtively down the tunnels but you can see them if you look for it.

Don't be so smug and get your own house in order before you start criticising anyone else.

Anyone who actually goes to watch the football will tell you that its the best place on the ground to do so. A side view is always the best but the Jack Walker stand is too steep so that if one clown leans forward the rest of the row can't see one corner of the ground.

Well said. Fans start leaving around the same time and in similar numbers in other stands, it's just not as obvious. The only thing I would add is that I feel sorry for the people in the front rows or disabled fans in the Riverside because the people that start to leave sometimes hang round or drag their feet on their way to the exit without a care for the folk whose view they are obstructing. But then the Stewards mainly just stand there gawping and doing nothing about it.

I guess its all those men who have to be home for a certain time, look for the thumb print on thier foreheads. And women can't really enjoy football on the same level as men anyway - most of them only go to keep track of hubby. Women who sit around me are more bothered about whats happening on thier mobile phones than whats going on the pitch.

Chauvinistic twonk.

Me and my mate I used to go with (before he moved to London and when I could afford to go every week) would slope out of the Riverside on about 92 minutes without fail, mainly because he used to insist on parking on that muddy excuse for a car park by the caravans. Sorting that out would probably keep people a bit longer - teenage "stewards" texting their mates and pointing in the general direction of grass when you drive in, no staff to be found on the way out - resulting in utter case and situations where, for a big game, you can easily be stuck there for upwards of an hour. Having people take charge of clearing the car park in an orderly fashion would certainly make me take my time in leaving the ground, because as it stands if you're not the first one back to your car you're going nowhere for a long time.

QUOTE (McClarky @ Sep 30 2008, 21:56 )

Most of them watch the last few minutes from pitch level at the front don't they? Nowt wrong wi that.

I guess those in wheelchairs would disagree.

Early leavers, fans in wheelchairs, lads who want to bounce up and down for 90 minutes hurling vitriol at away fans (or even at select BRFC employees), why can't a four-sided football ground cater for all? Supposedly the 'customer' is king - why can't we choose how we support our team? It is absolute madness. Imagine if airlines dictated eveyone had to travel business/first class? They don't because their business model doesn't support it! Why is the fan football experience so coralled and singular these days? Taylor report / safety ? Rubbish ... convenience and a lack of imagination.

http://www.britishpathe.com/thumbnails.php...ckburn%20Rovers

Terracing is by far best way to socially and actively support your local team. Not wanting to veer off into ICBINF territory but the old terraced Blackburn End, crushes and all, did their bit for community cohesion and local societal bonding...let's channel Blackburn's youthful aggression from all local communities to a perfectly legitimate target ie Bumley FC of Turd Moor!

Me and my mate I used to go with (before he moved to London and when I could afford to go every week) would slope out of the Riverside on about 92 minutes without fail, mainly because he used to insist on parking on that muddy excuse for a car park by the caravans. Sorting that out would probably keep people a bit longer - teenage "stewards" texting their mates and pointing in the general direction of grass when you drive in, no staff to be found on the way out - resulting in utter case and situations where, for a big game, you can easily be stuck there for upwards of an hour. Having people take charge of clearing the car park in an orderly fashion would certainly make me take my time in leaving the ground, because as it stands if you're not the first one back to your car you're going nowhere for a long time.

Unless you cannot walk far you are plain daft for parking there. I never leave until the final whistle, park around the Griffin area and am in the pub 2-3 miles away by 5.10pm and never later than 5.15pm after 3 O clock KO's. I'd wager that if you parked there you could easily be back in Blackpool (if thats where you live) by 5.40ish.

Archived