BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Preview: Manchester United (october 4, Ewood Park, 17:30)

ManicRover

The worrying thing is we are missing the one man who has kept the scores between us and united respectable downa t ewood in recent years... Brad Friedel. I would have been happy enough with Robbo between the sticks, but a bit worrying with Browny who through no fault of his own just hasn't got the match experience.

Rovers 0-3 United

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are 25 people coming over from the norwegian supporterclub for this game. First game at Ewood for me! Really looking forward to it.

I would give my left arm for a victory in this one.

Hope you enjoy you first game and time spent at Ewood DasGelb. ;)

We are 25 people coming over from the norwegian supporterclub for this game. First game at Ewood for me! Really looking forward to it.

I hope warnock sticks to central midfield together with Emerton, RSC & Derbs on the flanks and Roberts up front.

Brown - Oijer, Samba, Nelsen, Olsson - Warnock, Emerton - Derbs, Carlos, Cruz - Roberts

Fantastic effort boys. Have a good one.

Velkommen til Ewood

I hope warnock sticks to central midfield together with Emerton, RSC & Derbs on the flanks and Roberts up front.

Brown - Oijer, Samba, Nelsen, Olsson - Warnock, Emerton - Derbs, Carlos, Cruz - Roberts

Aye there are a few of us coming over from ireland, although not with the Irish Rovers.

We will be around Blackburn sat night for post match drinks to celebrate beating the scum....or drowning our sorrows

message to mr ince...GET SOMEONE TO GET RONNY IN THE FIRST FIVE MINUTES WITH A HARD (DIRTY) TACKLE AND MAKE HIM REALISE ITS A MANS GAME.

3-3 derbs ,tugs and peds with a late one.

Id put gun turrets up at the fernhurst and mow the cockney drunken scum down.

Just picked my tickets up for this.

Can't wait for it.

Although i am thinking we will lose it by 1 or 2 goals.

As far as the fern goes, avoid at all costs

Got a good feeling about this one- I must be a lunatic but got a feeling that Ince will have learnt from the Arsenal humiliation and will stop the Mancs dead in their tracks at Ewood!

Helps having Scholes out and Rooney is iffy as well apparently.

Aye there are a few of us coming over from ireland, although not with the Irish Rovers.

We will be around Blackburn sat night for post match drinks to celebrate beating the scum....or drowning our sorrows

And me coming over from the States. Anyone going to be around before the match for pre-match drinks? Heading back to London right after the match.

Blackburn Rovers vs. Manchester United

Saturday, October 3, 2008, Ewood Park, 17:30 kick-off

Match Preview

This weekend Blackburn play hosts to Manchester United at Ewood Park. Blackburn goes into this weekend’s fixture in 7th place with 10 points while Manchester United is in 11th place with 8 points. Blackburn have done quite well against United in recent seasons with possible the most notable game a 4-3 victory at Old Trafford in 2006 which saw David Bentley record a hat-trick.

Statistics

2008/09 Results

Blackburn

Week 1 EVE 2 – BLA 3

Week 2 BLA 1 – HULL 1

Week 3 WST 4 – BLA 1

Week 4 BLA 0 – ARS 0

Week 5 BLA 1 – FUL 0

Week 6 NEW 1 – BLA 2

That game was at Ewood and I wish that result VS Arsenal was 0-0 :P

Anyway great preview! Hope to see an attacking game of football this Saturday. Our defence needs to be on top form. I'm backing Incey on this one and should hopefully shut the doubters up.

2-1 Rovers. Roque and Pedersen, Berbatov for the Mancs!

This game has to be one of the most unpleasent games of the season with the horde of drunken aggressive abusive Manchester United fans.

The Fernhurst pub should be shut down for the day and tickets restricted to 4000 not 8k.

Totally agreed,p1ssed up arrogant b'stards who think they can do what they want.The sight of Friedel removing the seat back from his goalmouth still makes me angry.

Rovers 5 Scum 0 :angry:

As regards the attendance I believe it will not sell out in home areas...I had thought we had seen the last of the 35 pound a time tickets at Ewood?

It was made quite clear the Blackburn public WILL NOT/CANNOT pay those prices regardless of who the opposition is and was proved by the attendances a few seasons back.

I am off to see some proper sport, the Rugby League Super League Play off Final at old Trafford, rather than those bunch of overpaid poofters and soft nancy boys who will be coming to Ewood this weekend.

Rugby league is the most boring sport i have ever scean and its like watching Bolton under Big Fat Sam. Rugby Union is a proper game with interllectual players that all have degrees howver rugby league is full of fat wiganers that are all thick.

It makes you wonder why sky payed for the so called "super league".

And why do you always want to use our stadiums and reck the nice turf. Take Wigan (football) for example, because Wigan women warriers allways use the jjb, it looks like there pitch has been imported from an ESPN Football game from the 70's early 80's which are allways on Sky Channel 442.

On the subject of Rovers where only 4 points off the top and a win would see us right up there and if we do win Ince will be a hero.

Totally agreed,p1ssed up arrogant b'stards who think they can do what they want.The sight of Friedel removing the seat back from his goalmouth still makes me angry.

Rovers 5 Scum 0 :angry:

As regards the attendance I believe it will not sell out in home areas...I had thought we had seen the last of the 35 pound a time tickets at Ewood?

It was made quite clear the Blackburn public WILL NOT/CANNOT pay those prices regardless of who the opposition is and was proved by the attendances a few seasons back.

There like cup final prices for many in Blackburn never mind a bog standard league game, 5000 empty seats in the home area wheres the attraction? Preston blue has already chosen an alternative, Manchester United do nothing for us what so ever.

No but the Mancs will pay it.

I was with a load of United lads last year in and around the Fernhurst, tickets for our ends were going for well over 100 notes, suppose it was a slight;y more crucial game like.

Rugby league is the most boring sport i have ever scean and its like watching Bolton under Big Fat Sam. Rugby Union is a proper game with interllectual players that all have degrees howver rugby league is full of fat wiganers that are all thick.

And why do you always want to use our stadiums and reck the nice turf. Take Wigan (football) for example, because Wigan women warriers allways use the jjb, it looks like there pitch has been imported from an ESPN Football game from the 70's early 80's which are allways on Sky Channel 442.

On the subject of Rovers where only 4 points off the top and a win would see us right up there and if we do win Ince will be a hero.

Interllectual! - for heavens sake - the quality of this thread is nose diving fast!

Just to jump to the defence of a great sport...you are talking garbage. I can except you don't like League but your reasons hold no argument. I am gutted I am missing the Grand Final, but Rovers (not football) take priority.

Back to the game in hand, I think we will get a spanking. If Ince lets the team play like they have been doing, free flowing open football which I love then we will get destroyed. I would like to see a dirty in your face Rovers.

Any one got Andy Todds number???

1 - 3 Utd, Rovers to open the scoring...but we know its like poking a pitbull with a massive stick.

Agreed. The drunken scumbags get off the train in Darwen these days, walking to Ewood via the many pubs en route - and a 17.30 kick off - how that is allowed I'll never know.

Being a Darrener I usually park up in Lower Darwen and then have to run the gauntlet of cans, bottles, verbal abuse etc outside the Fernhurst as the intellectually challenged spill into the road by the pub.

Changing the topic somewhat - a tip to those that follow Rovers from afar - we are never, ever referred to as 'Blackburn' by our own support. We are 'Rovers' or 'The Rovers.' The only ones who refer to us as Blackburn are away fans.

I agree. This 'Blackburn' thing really gets up my nose. The new 'Blackburn' reporter at the Telegraph constantly refers to us as 'Blackburn'. Sounds trivial but 'The Rovers' represents such pride and 'Blackburn' means nowt!

On the ticket issue, it was 25- 30 quid last season and we sold out a week in advance, 35 quid for a TV game in the present economic climate is completely bonkers. A very small percentage of the clubs' income comes from ticket sales therefore the £15-20 Category B and £25-30 Category A prices of last season shouldnt have been altered.

I agree. This 'Blackburn' thing really gets up my nose. The new 'Blackburn' reporter at the Telegraph constantly refers to us as 'Blackburn'. Sounds trivial but 'The Rovers' represents such pride and 'Blackburn' means nowt!

On the ticket issue, it was 25- 30 quid last season and we sold out a week in advance, 35 quid for a TV game in the present economic climate is completely bonkers. A very small percentage of the clubs' income comes from ticket sales therefore the £15-20 Category B and £25-30 Category A prices of last season shouldnt have been altered.

My apologies on the "Blackburn" usage instead of Rovers. No harm meant but it won't happen again. It's one of the nuances that gets missed when supporting from afar.

My apologies on the "Blackburn" usage instead of Rovers. No harm meant but it won't happen again. It's one of the nuances that gets missed when supporting from afar.

I wasnt getting at exiled Roverites at all. But our 'local' paper was in my sights!

Whatever you're drinking, scotch, I'll have a couple of pints of it.

So every Rugby Union player has a degree has he? Every League player is thick? Care to give a few examples?

That has to be one of the most stupid responses I have ever seen on this Board.

Rugby League? Rugby Union? Couldn't give a monkey's. Neither are a substitute for Blackburn.....sorry Rovers.

Agree with those who say we need to keep it tight against Utd. I haven't heard much about injury updates as yet, but i would line up as follows;

Brown

Oijer Nelsen Samba Warnock

Emerton

Derbs Andrews Villanueva Olsson

Santa Cruz

Archived