BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Littlebigplanet

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

This is going to be a huge title and is going to help Sony shift a lot of consoles over Christmas.

Basically LBP is a game in which you can create your own levels and then share them with the world. Having played it recently I can say that it is superb, and people of all abilities can create all sorts of wonderful levels. The game will also ship with 5o developer created levels, and many big time developers from other companies have already said that they will create free levels for LBP.

Below is a video of someone who has recreated Mario Bros:

It does sound interesting in the way that the game really could go on forever as people create more and more levels - I am sure as time goes on they might release extra tools and bits via the store.

As my gaming time is limited I think I will be one of the people that downloads other peoples levels as I just want to put the game in and play.

This could be the start (well to be fair Unreal Torney did it on the PS3 first) of something very special in pushing the ps3 forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Copy and paste from elsewhere:

SCEE has just confirmed that LittleBigPlanet has slipped because “the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur’an” in one of the licensed background tracks, but has not supplied a new release date.

The game was previously scheduled for an October 24 release.

VG247 has learned that the game is already at retail in both the UK and other European countries.

Heavy speculation has surrounded a slip This afternoon

Sony just issued a statement on the matter:

During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur’an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused.

We’ll confirm the new launch date shortly.

It’s unclear at the moment if this means the game is to be completely recalled.

I was in the beta for LBP and have to say that its a fantastic game, there is so much to do due to the fact that you can play other peoples levels.

I pre-ordered it from play.com a few days after playing the beta, thing is that I am a FPS fan so I'll be spending a lot of time on COD WAW, I'm just hoping that I have enough time to give this game the attention that it deserves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'll be most likely buying it, but can someone give me a short review or even a quick overview of how much freedom and replayability there is?

Freedom wise, you can pretty much do what you want in any way you want. The levels themselves are set up kind of side scrolling Mario style in that you have to make it from the left side to the right side of the level, but youc an get there however you want.

Replayability wise, you can play just the story mode for weeks upon weeks. Sure you can just go through and get the stages done, but you also get bonuses for each stage you complete without losing a life, and for each stage you get all the items. It could definitely take you a while to even complete all those. Not to mention all the online level content out there. There's already a lot of good levels being posted and new ones all the time. As far as replayability, I'd say this game may offer the most since Doom where you could also create your own levels and all through mods.

Overall, I'd have to say from both being in the beta and owning the game, it's definitely worth a purchase and I could see myself still playing the game in a year discovering new things. As already referenced, they'll likely add more objects and all for creation purposes through the store as time goes by, and they're already offering DLC as costumes so far.

Guest Kamy100

Completely agree that this one of the best games that you are likely to play and the replayability is enormous. The story mode will take me ages to complete, the best thing is that the levels are so different that it makes you want to carry on and unlock everything.

Where the games rocks is online, you can play levels with your friends and some of the superb as you have to work as a team and the user generated content is awesome, so many different and varied levels and the best thing is people will continue to make them.

I have started to design my own level which I hope to put online in the next couple of weeks.

For PS3 owners this is must purchase, the game is very very good and unique.

Archived