BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum

Paul

Seeing as the last one was closed here's another thread.

Last night I was thinking about the U-21 match when Dunny was captain. That was a really good night out. Can the FF ask if the club hope to get more U-21 games and if not what is the barrier to this happening? Location? Attendance? I'd have thought 30,000 seats in the north-west was a pretty good deal?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An update on former St Bartholomew's Church?

I know it will be temporally used as a car park but have also read it will be the site of a new development.

The possibility of selling Rovers fans tickets for Darwen End lower left regularly. Maybe worth discussing on here a bit more first, but I feel this alone could enhance the atmosphere.

Ask the club to promote its current £40 for 10 kids plus 2 free Adults deal more.

It was the first time since i have been over to be able to see what people were talking about the ground looking shabby. And it does look a bit shabby, some brickwork around the ground needs cleaning.

More importantly the Jack Walker statue area is in dire need of a good scrub. The grime on the metal i suppose is expected, but it should be cleaned on a monthly basis if not more than that??

But apart from that, i found that the grounds and club shop were very clean and well organised.

They REALLY need to sort out the food stand at half time. 15 minutes to get a pie is a bit much. There is no organisation behind the counter and it seemed to take them about 3 minutes per person. Is it really that hard to have a certain number of cups of tea already poured?

They REALLY need to sort out the food stand at half time. 15 minutes to get a pie is a bit much. There is no organisation behind the counter and it seemed to take them about 3 minutes per person. Is it really that hard to have a certain number of cups of tea already poured?

Its not like that over the pond is it.They have beer ,food stalls and merchandise all over the concoures.They walk up and down the stands ,selling food and beer to each row and not just at half time ,its pre game and during the game.Mind you I was spoilt in Arizona last year my seat was right next to the bar and the bar tender said "just stick your arm up and i will get you a beer".

Cant really have food people out during the game, not unless they want all their food going everywhere when we score. Pre game & Half time yes.

As american said - they should have a set number of things ready to go - they must do some sort of stats on how many of each they sell on average at each game so they will have that sort of info available to plan ahead.

If they stand in the concourses, or exit areas maybe. But i would imagine the stairwells or exit areas are classed as a fire hazard?

But not up & down the isles. Its tough enough for people to go up and down the isles to get out. Can you seriously imagine some stupid bint, with a big bag or tray of goodies trying to get past people on isles to sell food?

Oh for goodness sake!

Can't you last 105 minutes plus a bit without a crappy over-priced pie and a pint of fizzy gnats 9i55?

I'm there to watch The Rovers, not to eat. I'll do that before the game or when I get home afterwards.

I know, I'm Mr Grumpy.

Could we please have shelves around the concourse walls. I always buy a pie & a pint and the pint has to go on the floor while I eat my pie. (JW upper). Every match I see people stuggling trying to put sugar in their coffee and in this day and age with upgraded stadiums it should not happen.

Maybe a finances update - is the £20m debt still acurate or is it much lower?

Spending in Jan - Is serious money available following Bentley sale?

Any update on any potential buyer seeing the likes of Charlton, City & Newcastle all seem able to find one.

Is the scoreboard going to be fixed?

Any possibilities of away travel like Bolton are doing?

Archived