BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum

Paul

Hope I haven't missed the deadline, loads of questions some serious, some not but all interesting for me.

Has Paul Ince started his coaching badges?

Any update on when we can expect enhanced features on our ST cards?

Is there any plan to stop smug away fans in boxes winding up home fans?

Can we have a replacement for the very annoying women at half time?

Can we have some proper half time entertainment - subs warming up is a bit dull?

How many plastic bottles of Carlsberg are found in the seating areas after the game?

Any ideas how we could fill the stadium?

Why was it Rovers didn't speak out in the Tevez/West ham affair?

Does the chairmen intend to vote for the 39th game or other overseas based games?

Is the chairman going to propose a salary cap at the next meeting of the Premier League?

What are the chairman's views on "more and more football fans are falling out of love with the modern game"?

What percentage of fans live outside the BB postcode and what percentage of fans live more than 50 miles awy from Ewood?

what is the average spend per fan per game?

Any news on the takeover?

What plans are being made to counter the credit crunch?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh for goodness sake!

Can't you last 105 minutes plus a bit without a crappy over-priced pie and a pint of fizzy gnats 9i55?

I'm there to watch The Rovers, not to eat. I'll do that before the game or when I get home afterwards.

Well said , Colin .

Now about that faith room ..... :lol:

Well said , Colin .

Now about that faith room ..... :lol:

:lol: ... The only Multi faith prayer room's around Ewood is the gents toilet in THavvy now. I understand that any 'multi-faiths' are more than welcome to attend so long as they are only leaving what they bought previously. ^_^

Anything on the agenda or not!?

The main item for discussion, which was planned at the last meeting, is the situation with PR at the club. We are also planning to talk about possible plans for an unreserved seating area and will be picking up on a number of matters arising from the last meeting.

The main item for discussion, which was planned at the last meeting, is the situation with PR at the club. We are also planning to talk about possible plans for an unreserved seating area and will be picking up on a number of matters arising from the last meeting.

Could you possibly make it so the PR thing is addressed fully, not just spin or stock comments?

For instance,

What exactly is the scope of operations with PA? e.g. What's the link between PA and the marketing/creative services at Ewood - are they two separate entities or a turnkey operation by PA and cronies?

What's their brief?

Why seemingly use nepotism and/or certain individuals riding the gravy train (ie Andy Nield seemingly leaving one job he was poor at to act as a link from Rovers just to feed the Telegraph).

What are their measurables (i.e. how do the board know they're getting value for money?)

Are they actively working to develop/mentor/coach Ince more in his media dealings?

I'm not just asking this as the default "our PR is carp" stance; being involved with marketing and PR (sadly) I know there are far better firms around as it seems the existing service isn't providing enough value (commercial or otherwise), and certainly seems to allow the 'little backward Blackburn' perception to prevail. That is, unless the club are 100% happy with what they're getting? Is this because the club don't know any better or the allocation of the work wasn't tendered in a competive way?

Just for clarity, I've no commercial interest in asking this. I'm not against 'croneyism', providing they do a good job. Just seems to me the the two things aren't mutually exclusive - PA have been involved for years, and our PR has always been pesh.

Can anyone turn up to the fans forum?

No. It's not an open forum for fans in general, although the club are planning to resurrect these soon. It's a group of fans who aim to represent the broad spectrum of Rovers fans.

We have from time to time invited fans who are interested in joining the Forum and have taken on a number of new members this year but we are currently full.

As you might have gathered from the other thread the Fans Forum was held last night and two hours of the two and a quarter available were taken up by a discussion on PR in the presence of John Williams, Tom Finn and Paul Agnew.

The topic could probably easily run for another full meeting and the club were exceptionally frank on the matter.

Basically however, John Wiliams doesn't think on balance we get an overly bad press, he cited examples of Arsenal having a bad summer PR wise, even ManUre couldn't suppress the Ronaldo stories, and at the moment there are stories running linking half of Wigan's team with moves away. By and large he thinks it happens to everyone, and there is a slight danger of being a bit overly paranoid about it.

Paul Agnew is however upset though at general unsubstantiated accusations that "The club's PR is crap" He stated he is willing to sit down with any group of fans to discuss the matter and asked that rather just go round claiming "the club's PR is crap" anyone is welcome to provide specific examples of where the club appear to be getting an unfair press in general, or alternatively examples where anyone feels the club have handled a situation badly PR wise themselves, and he will discuss it.

The only other thing I can recall off the top of my head is that the Club have had to give up the ghost with trying to repair the scoreboard and a completely new one will be installed with an estimated timescale of 6-8 weeks although there is some construction work involved fitting it. It will be in the same place as the old one.

The only other thing I can recall off the top of my head is that the Club have had to give up the ghost with trying to repair the scoreboard and a completely new one will be installed with an estimated timescale of 6-8 weeks although there is some construction work involved fitting it. It will be in the same place as the old one.

So this "waiting for a part" malarky never come off then I take it. Ah well at least it will be sorted eventually! Cheers for the update Rev, maybe we could get some specific's (people's issues) regarding the club PR together for the next forum meeting and Paul Agnew will have something to go off as in people's gripe's etc.

So this "waiting for a part" malarky never come off then I take it. Ah well at least it will be sorted eventually! Cheers for the update Rev, maybe we could get some specific's (people's issues) regarding the club PR together for the next forum meeting and Paul Agnew will have something to go off as in people's gripe's etc.

I think the club did try to go down the repair route, but it simply had had it's shelf life at the end of the day.

As regards poor PR, yes, specific examples please. I can think of a couple in my own opinion.

Rev - sorry to push, but could you please share your opinions on the poor PR?

Well, in my view, in light of the fact the manager's detractors thought signing Andrews was a case of "jobs for the boys", it was a poor decision to send him out to the Press praising the manager to the heavens.

Secondly, the highlights of the season are the games against the "big 4" and more specifically imo Man Ure. After a poor performance against them the last thing we want to hear is how good they are, or how we can't compete with them. (Regardless of whether there is an element of truth to that in reality)

Don't know if it is PR per se but the lack of consultation with fans re: the multi faith room?

Anyone else, feel free to chip in.

Secondly, the highlights of the season are the games against the "big 4" and more specifically imo Man Ure. After a poor performance against them the last thing we want to hear is how good they are, or how we can't compete with them. (Regardless of whether there is an element of truth to that in reality)

To be fair Rev, Paul held his hand up to that one in making a mistake briefing Ince.

One or two other points of interest from last night: -

1. Season ticket sales are just under 14,000, about 1,500 down on the same point last year.

2. There will be a Meet the Players session in the Premier lounge on Tuesday 25th November, with 4 players. Further details to follow.

3. Fans Points Card launch delayed until the New Year because of unforeseen issues with implementation of the new systems. they want to make sure it's right befire they launch.

4. Stadium tours have been relaunched under the Rovers Experience brand - available by pre-booking on Tuesdays and Thursdays

Well, in my view, in light of the fact the manager's detractors thought signing Andrews was a case of "jobs for the boys", it was a poor decision to send him out to the Press praising the manager to the heavens.

Don't know if it is PR per se but the lack of consultation with fans re: the multi faith room?

Anyone else, feel free to chip in.

I think the clubs PR has been excellent recently. There have been stories of unrest in the papers (i.e. Carlos saying Ince annoys him, Santa Cruz wanting to join Man City, MGP wanting to leave) and the club have come out within a day of each one and commented on them. They could have just left it but they didn't.

As for the "jobs for the boys" thing, how can praising the manager be "bad PR" ? I know a lot of Rovers fans (who don't go on this messageboard) who are happy with ince, they are happy with Andrews and Fowler and happy with the club in general.

If you are not happy with Andrews and Fowler being at the club then fair enough, but you can't criticise Andrews for praising the manger and you can't crticise the club for allowing a new signing to give an interview.

If you want some examples of bad PR then have a look at spurs and newcastle.

I think the clubs PR has been excellent recently. There have been stories of unrest in the papers (i.e. Carlos saying Ince annoys him, Santa Cruz wanting to join Man City, MGP wanting to leave) and the club have come out within a day of each one and commented on them. They could have just left it but they didn't.

As for the "jobs for the boys" thing, how can praising the manager be "bad PR" ? I know a lot of Rovers fans (who don't go on this messageboard) who are happy with ince, they are happy with Andrews and Fowler and happy with the club in general.

If you are not happy with Andrews and Fowler being at the club then fair enough, but you can't criticise Andrews for praising the manger and you can't crticise the club for allowing a new signing to give an interview.

If you want some examples of bad PR then have a look at spurs and newcastle.

Ok that's great, let's have your views good or bad.

I think there is a slight feeling at the club that Rovers fans are the most passive in the land for not writing in or e-mailing the club their views or not going on national radio phone ins etc!

Archived