BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum

Paul

I think it's cheaper than that on occasion. I was e-mailed before the Grimsby Cup game with details of a similar package for 39 quid.

You need to contact John Newsham at the club directly about that type of thing rather than have the forum raise it.

:)

Thanks rev :tu: ,i just wondered if there were other areas of the ground that had the same problem then we could give the club a list of areas which are problematic,then maybe they could look at them all at the same time.If people want to list them here then i will contact Mr.Newsham in about a weeks time.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks rev :tu: ,i just wondered if there were other areas of the ground that had the same problem then we could give the club a list of areas which are problematic,then maybe they could look at them all at the same time.If people want to list them here then i will contact Mr.Newsham in about a weeks time.

From memory I think it is a problem which has cropped up intermittently in the past.

JWU, row 6 seats approx 185-182, there is an intermittent drip, usually not when it's actually raining, but some time after it's stopped.

I should add that my wife and I have had to move several times since the new stand opened and there have been occasions when the drip has been irritating without our having to move.

When is it likely we will have the new score board? Cant remember if it was mentioned at the last meeting?

From the minutes available on the official website ...

TF reported that it had been necessary to order a new scoreboard with a delivery time of 6/8 weeks. There was also some structural work needed to accommodate the more modern LED equipment.

There is also structural work required to remove the existing scoreboard which is built into the front of the stand. (Also, I think that the new board is an LCD screen rather than LED, but it's hardly important. It'll show the score.

"Package includes:

Lively atmosphere

Family friendly

Tasty pub style bar meal

Matchday magazine and team sheet

Licensed pay bar and betting facilities

Senior and junior (U16’s) concessions

Great views of the pitch

Matchday attire: Casual dress code - Home team colours may be worn."

Right. So for just over a weeks pension I get:

A bar meal, a £3 programme and a 10p team sheet.

How the other half live, eh? <_<

i went in the legends lounge for my 30th birthday on april 5th vs spurs. i dont think its worth the money and wont be going in their again. all you get is a bit of turkey and potatoes and thats it. there is also an option for curry as well.

Great! There's a worldwide credit crunch and even the most lavish firms are cutting back on ostentatious hospitality.

Football fans - and to their credit, Rovers' management - have recognised that the price of going to footy is too high.

But numpty here wants it to be drawn to fans' attention that they can actually PAY MORE to go to games if they like! Buy overpriced food and drink!

Give this oaf a job on the club marketing panel, quick.

It could be that this "numpty" "oaf" is simply taking a lead from our government - whose solution to fiscal calamity , as we all know , is simply to borrow and spend even more than previously . Is Jack Straw on the Fans' forum by any chance ?

Which brings me nicely on to a query for the next fans forum (sorry mum! :P ).

I sit on BBE lower row 12 early 30`s and there is a hole in the roof that drips pretty badly when it pours down,does anybody else experience the same problem anywhere else in the ground?

Could it be put to the forum to take a look at this and any other problem areas? It would be greatly appreciated.

What about extending the roof of the Riverside... it only starts at row 4 or 5.. although I am used to getting wet after sitting there for 17yrs! There is/was a reason it doesn't go to the front, not sure what though.

What about extending the roof of the Riverside... it only starts at row 4 or 5.. although I am used to getting wet after sitting there for 17yrs! There is/was a reason it doesn't go to the front, not sure what though.

Have you tried sitting elsewhere?

;)

• 2 years later...

open questions to anybody who can answer any of them please:

ROVERS' Fans Forum represents the interests of all Rovers' followers and is drawn from a wide spectrum of fans' organisations and backgrounds.

But it is not exclusive. The enthusiastic group are anxious to hear from any Rovers' fans who have concerns or suggestions on matters which might be discussed.

The group meets regularly with Rovers' club officials, including the Chairman, Managing Director, Marketing, Commercial and Stadium Managers along with many others to discuss wide ranging issues from ticketing arrangements, merchandising, catering through to health and safety and so much more.

Was going to post this in the Pune thread but I'm not against the idea of the trip at all. As i thought about it, I became more and more confused as to what/who the "Fans Forum" is. Aside from being a bit presumptuous in stating they represent the interest of all Rovers' followers, it says it draws from fans' organizations and backgrounds. So is it a council of unofficial fan groups such as BRFCS, vital, and maybe to a lesser extent the official boards?

It says it's not exclusive, but I couldn't be on it. Or could I? The group want to hear what you have concerns about so they can discuss it, but not everyone who wants to be on the council can be? I know it probably has been working fine out of the lime light for however long it has been, but now that it has been thrust into the limelight, why can't any Rovers fan be on it if it is an official extension of the club, meeting with club officials and discussing policies.

Simon talked about the Fans Forum and it was agreed the group should be of Forum members.

I don't mean to speak for everyone but it is statements like this that have at least made me feel uneasy about the Forum.

You might ask why we don't have a more open election process for new members but I would ask you to think about how that would work. Who gets a vote? Season ticket holders only? Those with more than 5 years as a season ticket holder? Anyone who can name the 1960 cup final squad? Why can't I vote if I can't afford a season ticket? Everyone on the database, including Man Utd fans who have got on there so that they can buy one ticket a year? If you could manage to work out an electorate would it be a postal ballot or a big meeting? Who would pay for all this? As I say we have more often than not in a situation where we had enough people for an election anyway. I suspect that now people might think there is a chance of a freebie that more might come forward, but would you want that sort of person on there anyway?

A few things I want to respond to in this post. If a fan wanted to put in the time (IE attending the regular meetings, doing whatever other functions members were required to be at) why shouldn't they be allowed on the Forum ? Is the possibility of getting something exciting/interesting/new/different/cheap/souvenir-y free something you think people will be rushing to the Forum application line? Is that necessarily a bad thing, wanting something back form the club you put so much into?

I'm not trying to make a mess of things, but things do seem messy now that the fans forum has gone from flying under the radar to a lot of Rovers to being a main talking point, and would just like to get some opinions from people on BRFCS, which by definition is a Fans Forum.

Was going to post this in the Pune thread but I'm not against the idea of the trip at all. As i thought about it, I became more and more confused as to what/who the "Fans Forum" is. Aside from being a bit presumptuous in stating they represent the interest of all Rovers' followers, it says it draws from fans' organizations and backgrounds. So is it a council of unofficial fan groups such as BRFCS, vital, and maybe to a lesser extent the official boards?

It says it's not exclusive, but I couldn't be on it. Or could I? The group want to hear what you have concerns about so they can discuss it, but not everyone who wants to be on the council can be? I know it probably has been working fine out of the lime light for however long it has been, but now that it has been thrust into the limelight, why can't any Rovers fan be on it if it is an official extension of the club, meeting with club officials and discussing policies.

I don't mean to speak for everyone but it is statements like this that have at least made me feel uneasy about the Forum.

A few things I want to respond to in this post. If a fan wanted to put in the time (IE attending the regular meetings, doing whatever other functions members were required to be at) why shouldn't they be allowed on the Forum ? Is the possibility of getting something exciting/interesting/new/different/cheap/souvenir-y free something you think people will be rushing to the Forum application line? Is that necessarily a bad thing, wanting something back form the club you put so much into?

I'm not trying to make a mess of things, but things do seem messy now that the fans forum has gone from flying under the radar to a lot of Rovers to being a main talking point, and would just like to get some opinions from people on BRFCS, which by definition is a Fans Forum.

You will probably find some answers to these question in the Pune thread... and to highlight some point made on there as long as you're a Season Ticket holder you can apply to become a member of the forum - there is no other special criteria. Numbers of course need to be limited but there is a reasonable turn over. If you have any questions/concerns that you would like the forum to raise contact details are on the website. Also minutes of each meeting can be found on there and are put on the main page as soon as they are available.

Hope this helps ;)

There's a simple answer. Support those who try to get Supporters' Groups going. People seem willing to join but don't want to help with the administration work, hence the Fans Forum is the only current way to get points aired, apart from individual approaches from supporters.

Glen9 is to be lauded, for he got off his backside and did something, whether people agree with it or not that is admirable.

Now what is needed is for that energy to be channeled into forming an Independent Supporters' Group - someone might have some links to the group that has recently held meetings with that aim in mind.

There's a simple answer. Support those who try to get Supporters' Groups going. People seem willing to join but don't want to help with the administration work, hence the Fans Forum is the only current way to get points aired, apart from individual approaches from supporters.

Glen9 is to be lauded, for he got off his backside and did something, whether people agree with it or not that is admirable.

Now what is needed is for that energy to be channeled into forming an Independent Supporters' Group - someone might have some links to the group that has recently held meetings with that aim in mind.

I believe the BRST is going through all the legal channels to setup a consititution etc.

Thread on BRFCS here http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/24297-supporters-trust/page__st__100

Facebook page -> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blackburn-Rovers-Supporters-Trust/109485999132163

Website -> http://roverstrust.wordpress.com/

Any Rovers fan can be on it if they can get to the meetings. Clearly and unfortunately that might exclude you if you're not in the UK but otherwise anyone can be on. Conversely of course not everyone can be on - it has to be small enough to be a working group of people who can have proper discussions. A meeting of 300 fans in a big room every two months is going to be little more than a shouting match. Given we need to restrict the size we can't claim to represent every fan and every viewpoint no matter how perverse. Would you want us to represent every point that is made on brfcs?

I don't understand what makes you uneasy about the club's decision to invite Forum members. If they are paying it's up to them who they invite and having thought about it, they thought what is more representative - a group of fans who have been working with the club for quite a period of time or a lottery drawn from season ticket holders?

So we're not perfect but we try as far as possible to represent fans' opinions to the club. It's open to any fan to email me with questions or suggested agenda items- my email is on the club's website.

Any Rovers fan can be on it if they can get to the meetings. Clearly and unfortunately that might exclude you if you're not in the UK but otherwise anyone can be on. Conversely of course not everyone can be on - it has to be small enough to be a working group of people who can have proper discussions. A meeting of 300 fans in a big room every two months is going to be little more than a shouting match. Given we need to restrict the size we can't claim to represent every fan and every viewpoint no matter how perverse. Would you want us to represent every point that is made on brfcs?

I don't understand what makes you uneasy about the club's decision to invite Forum members. If they are paying it's up to them who they invite and having thought about it, they thought what is more representative - a group of fans who have been working with the club for quite a period of time or a lottery drawn from season ticket holders?

So we're not perfect but we try as far as possible to represent fans' opinions to the club. It's open to any fan to email me with questions or suggested agenda items- my email is on the club's website.

I must say whenever I have had any issues raised concerning the club on this forum, a member from the Fans Forum has always contacted me to give me advice on what steps to take.

Thanks to John, I was able to resolve quite a few issues with Tom Finn and also John Williams. The Fans Forum have the best interests at heart and I am very glad that they have been chosen to go on this trip.

Nobody deserves it more.

Thanks for the reply! Really just wanted a better understanding of the FF and you've helped me a little. You say any Rovers fan can be on it if they can get to the meetings, but conversely not everyone can be on it; just trying to clarify you mean that people who live far away and can't make it can't be on it right? Totally understand how it needs to be manageable but was just trying to see how people get in/on it to begin with.

Was under the impression from your other post that the Forum decided that forum members should go and chose from the lot. With the clarification that the club asked the forum to chose amongst itself that's really a whole other thing and the points you make following I agree with. As you said before a lottery of season ticket holders could have a few Mancs in it just for the one game!

Again, appreciate the feedback, and you've helped (at least imo) break up this Illuminati vibe i've felt coming from some post about the forum. Hope the FF continues to be well received by the club.

Thanks for the reply! Really just wanted a better understanding of the FF and you've helped me a little. You say any Rovers fan can be on it if they can get to the meetings, but conversely not everyone can be on it; just trying to clarify you mean that people who live far away and can't make it can't be on it right? Totally understand how it needs to be manageable but was just trying to see how people get in/on it to begin with.

Was under the impression from your other post that the Forum decided that forum members should go and chose from the lot. With the clarification that the club asked the forum to chose amongst itself that's really a whole other thing and the points you make following I agree with. As you said before a lottery of season ticket holders could have a few Mancs in it just for the one game!

Again, appreciate the feedback, and you've helped (at least imo) break up this Illuminati vibe i've felt coming from some post about the forum. Hope the FF continues to be well received by the club.

Currently anyone who is a season ticket holder and can get to the two-monthly meetings can become a member. So if someone in say London wants to be on and they can get up to Ewood 6 times a year for an evening meeting then they could get a place. I suspect New Jersey is pushing it a bit though! There is of course no point in having anyone on who does not regularly turn up and we have taken people off in the past who have not regularly attended.

Personally I would not even have the season ticket rule as I would not want to disenfranchise anyone who can't afford a season ticket but that's the rule we work with at the moment.

Fans Forum is a good organisation and in the past years has worked hard and gained respect from supporters and the club alike. However they must avoid elitism at all costs. This trip is a banana skin. To avoid comparison of someone whistling a dog to heel and giving it a chocolate drop in reward any meeting between the FF and the owners must be in Blackburn.

Fans Forum is a good organisation and in the past years has worked hard and gained respect from supporters and the club alike. However they must avoid elitism at all costs. This trip is a banana skin. To avoid comparison of someone whistling a dog to heel and giving it a chocolate drop in reward any meeting between the FF and the owners must be in Blackburn.

The elitism is already there Gordon. It is obvious from their posts that they feel a little above the common herd. An inner circle within a club. However they do put in more time than the rest of us so they probably think they deserve their elitism.

The elitism is already there Gordon. It is obvious from their posts that they feel a little above the common herd. An inner circle within a club. However they do put in more time than the rest of us so they probably think they deserve their elitism.

I'm not sure I know how to disprove my elitism.

Archived