BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Credit Crunch To Hit Football?

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm watching, waiting............

6pm now :lol: .

Setanta Sports News will cease broadcasting at 6pm, it has been confirmed.

The channel, which is produced by ITN, was a joint venture between Setanta Sports and Virgin Media.

56 editorial and production jobs jobs were created at ITN's Gray's Inn Road headquarters when the channel launched in 2007. Setanta and Virgin Media started the joint venture to fill the gap in Virgin Media's channel lineup left by the departure of Sky Sports News in the now-resolved Sky Basics dispute.

200 jobs have been lost across Setanta's British operations as a result of today's collapse.

If you are a subscriber you don't need to cancel, they will not be collecting anymore money.

So they only went dark in the UK? That's barely worth getting worked up about. They still hold their North American PL rights and I'm assuming the same is true for the southern half of Ireland. The Irish channel is the original one, correct?

Pinnacle's bid to buy Southampton collapsed today leaving them in administration, minus 10 points and minus a buyer.

Freddie Sheppard having pocketed £134m for the exiting shareholders when he sold Mike Ashley a steaming pile of poo and debts has reportedly offered £60m to buy Newcastle back.

I loved the comment from a distraught Geordie that the club was worth less than Christiano Ronaldo. Yep, about right.

Archived