BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Vs Rovers

cn174

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one visit to the Reebok I'm not looking forward to. I don't think we'll have enough passion, fire in our bellies to see this one through. They will be well up for this and I feel our new found pretty football could well leave us short.

I'll be more than happy with a point.

Davies is whinging about his time at Rovers again. Hope someone has given Samba a photo of the blighter to stick on his bedroom wall so he's ready for him on Saturday :angry:

The headline says it all: 'Bolton striker Davies: Blackburn spell was awful.' The feeling is entirely mutual, biggest waste of space I've seen at Ewood.

Davies is whinging about his time at Rovers again. Hope someone has given Samba a photo of the blighter to stick on his bedroom wall so he's ready for him on Saturday :angry:

I'm actually pleased that he was able to carve out a career in the Premiership and it has been a remarkable carrer-in the past Stewart Robson has written in the Sunday Telegraph that no team was as dependant on one player as Bolton were on Davies.

He had done really well at Chesterfield before he went to Southampton and had a great first half there before he got injured. Did he suffer from glandular fever whilst he was with us? Did Hodgson just constantly take the mickey out of him? Did the captain use his level of wages as an excuse to try and get a pay rise and/ or get a dream move to Spurs? Who knows? All rumours at the time All water under the bridge.

So, well done KD. At least you have proved yourself at this level, unlike another very similarly priced flop. Just don't do well tomorrow.

so zulu brushes over the facts- people always do when they completely ruin their argument :D

fact- bolton is far bigger than blackburn, yet crowds are very similar.

personally i think he is jealous of the famous blue and white halves. :P

I wonder how we'll line-up for this one? I don't think any of our strikers apart from Roque can play on their own, so we'll probably have to go 4-4-2.

Robinson

Simpson Ooijer Samba Olsson

Emerton Grella Warnock Villanueva

Derbyshire McCarthy

I think I'd line-up like that. I'm a little bit worried that Bolton will play Davies on the right and he'll overpower Olsson, but with so many injuries in the centre I think Ince will choose to keep Warnock there.

Roque being doubtful is a blow. Although if he is 50-50, Id have him on the bench for an impact off it and start with Derbyshire and maybe Benni, and see how motivated Benni is.

Like to see Grella next to Warnock in midfield to toughen it up.

Been reading about some dissatisfaction by MGP at Rovers due to being subbed off. To be honest, he has lost his place in the Norway team now as well and he should really wonder what has happened to him, rather than look at Ince or the club or whomever for reasons...

Roque being doubtful is a blow. Although if he is 50-50, Id have him on the bench for an impact off it and start with Derbyshire and maybe Benni, and see how motivated Benni is.

Like to see Grella next to Warnock in midfield to toughen it up.

Been reading about some dissatisfaction by MGP at Rovers due to being subbed off. To be honest, he has lost his place in the Norway team now as well and he should really wonder what has happened to him, rather than look at Ince or the club or whomever for reasons...

Dont see where MGP can get off even thinking of blaming anyone but himself. He is clearly lacking confidence and needs to regain some sharpness in training to impress the gaffer. Obviously not doing enough at the moment.

going today for first time. Any ideas of parking apart from away car park

this is from football ground guide

'There is a car park at the ground, but wait for this, it costs £6! Plus on my last visit the cars in the away section of the car park were packed in like sardines, meaning that away fans leaving early (my team had just been stuffed!) couldn't get a quick getaway as there were cars blocking them in. However a lot of the surrounding industrial estate units offer cheaper parking, usually around the £3 mark. Some of these are located on either side of Lostock Lane. From the M61, go past the stadium on your left, move into the right hand filter lane and turn right at the traffic lights into Lostock Lane. If you continue down Lostock Lane and take a left hand turn before to the Bromilow Arms, then I noticed on my last visit that there was some street parking to be had at the bottom of this road.

Gary Lovatt adds 'On the parking front, a handy little idea is to park at the Beehive pub which is on the roundabout (half a mile past the stadium coming from the motorway) where you pay £5 per car but get it all back at the bar. I also recommend the cajun chicken baguette there!' To get to the Beehive leave the M61 at Junction 6 and drive down towards the stadium. Then continue straight on past the stadium and the Beehive pub is situated at the next roundabout, on Chorley New Road'

ive just put the postcode of them 2 pubs in my sat nav instead of the stadium and i'm sure they'll be plenty of car parks, the official car park is always way way too busy!

cheers for that bud

this is from football ground guide

'There is a car park at the ground, but wait for this, it costs £6! Plus on my last visit the cars in the away section of the car park were packed in like sardines, meaning that away fans leaving early (my team had just been stuffed!) couldn't get a quick getaway as there were cars blocking them in. However a lot of the surrounding industrial estate units offer cheaper parking, usually around the £3 mark. Some of these are located on either side of Lostock Lane. From the M61, go past the stadium on your left, move into the right hand filter lane and turn right at the traffic lights into Lostock Lane. If you continue down Lostock Lane and take a left hand turn before to the Bromilow Arms, then I noticed on my last visit that there was some street parking to be had at the bottom of this road.

Gary Lovatt adds 'On the parking front, a handy little idea is to park at the Beehive pub which is on the roundabout (half a mile past the stadium coming from the motorway) where you pay £5 per car but get it all back at the bar. I also recommend the cajun chicken baguette there!' To get to the Beehive leave the M61 at Junction 6 and drive down towards the stadium. Then continue straight on past the stadium and the Beehive pub is situated at the next roundabout, on Chorley New Road'

ive just put the postcode of them 2 pubs in my sat nav instead of the stadium and i'm sure they'll be plenty of car parks, the official car park is always way way too busy!

hi,

I need to know I have seen all the time people referring to it as the breezeblock stadium I don't get that joke can someone explain it to me?this was I thought the most appropriate thread to stick this in think we will win this one but am a bit worried whenever you get a ref that gives out yellows and reds like confetti I have to say I get the feeling nether team will end up with theri full compliment of players and depends who gets suspended as it could cost us later

speak later

Archived