BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Vs Rovers

cn174

I wonder how we'll line-up for this one? I don't think any of our strikers apart from Roque can play on their own, so we'll probably have to go 4-4-2.

Robinson

Simpson Ooijer Samba Olsson

Emerton Grella Warnock Villanueva

Derbyshire McCarthy

I think I'd line-up like that. I'm a little bit worried that Bolton will play Davies on the right and he'll overpower Olsson, but with so many injuries in the centre I think Ince will choose to keep Warnock there.

I'd agree with most of that, but I'd start Roberts and McCarthy. Derbyshire can't (yet) impose himself on a game from the start. He is needed when the opposition are getting tired and not concentrating.

EDIT: official

ROVERS: Robinson, Ooijer, Warnock, Samba, Tugay, Nelsen ©, Emerton, Villanueva, Simpson, Fowler, Roberts.

Subs: Brown (GK), McCarthy, Grella, Khizanishvili, Andrews, Treacy, Derbyshire.

FOWLER?!?!?

Hat trick, anyone? :P

MGP dropped, Carlos on the left.

I can see where he's going with this, but it's risky.

We do have some good players who can punish them from the bench though.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MGP dropped from the squad.

Robinson - Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Simpson - Emerton, Tugay, Warnock, Villanueva - Fowler, Roberts

with Grella, Brown, Derbs, Benni, Treacy, Zurab, and Andrews on the bench

I seem to be one of the few that actually wants Ped in the team but anyway happy that King Carlos is getting a start. Hopefully Fowler will be able to pull his weight too.

I need to know I have seen all the time people referring to it as the breezeblock stadium I don't get that joke can someone explain it to me?this was I thought the most appropriate thread to stick this in.

well its called the breezeblock because thats what it is made out off. plus it is the coldest place in the world, the wind just circles round the stadium. thats pretty much it, its becase its really cold!!

Just look at our line-up, can it get more depressing and boring?!

Robinson

Simpson, Nelsen, Samba, Ooijer

Emerton, Villanueva, Kerimoglu, Warnock

Fowler, Roberts

The club is falling apart, and our team looks about as good as when Hughes first took over. At one stage against ManU our midfield looked like this: Emerton - Tugay - Warnock - Tracy ==> WORST I've seen in years!

Ooijer has obviously been put on the left to mark Davies, who will be playing on the right. Personally I think it's a pretty good idea.

Not keen on strike force though, they wouldn't look out of place starting for Stoke or any other relegation threatened team.

Edit: I wish people would stop thinking Villanueva will play centre midfield in a 4-4-2, it's never going to happen.

Robinson

Simpson, Nelsen, Samba, Ooijer

Emerton, Villanueva, Kerimoglu, Warnock

Fowler, Roberts

The club is falling apart, and our team looks about as good as when Hughes first took over. At one stage against ManU our midfield looked like this: Emerton - Tugay - Warnock - Tracy ==> WORST I've seen in years!

Wake up to yourself.

The game hasn't even started yet and its all doom and gloom.

Time for you to sit on the bench with your fellow countryman.

And yes, it could get more depressing, Get Pederson on.

Jesus wept!

And there's why Roberts shouldn't be starting. Useless. Fowler hasn't been any better either.

Get Derbyshire on for Fowler and have him running the channels, we need more options. McCarthy on for Roberts as well, we can't afford to miss chances and McCarthy will take them if he gets them.

Archived