BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Let's Buy Iceland!

Rovers have long needed to ramp up their youth programs. We haven't competed well with the likes of Arsenal at developing talent over the last few years. In addition, with the transfer market fees being what they are, we've been forced to find good value rather than splash on big signings. All of this has been of great concern to me... until now.

With the current Icelandic economy (read: non-existent), I think now is the time for all we Rover faithful to pony up a few bucks and just buy the Úrvalsdeild. Dude, it was sponsored by Landesbanki (and now presumably by the Icelandic government), and with the exchange rate at 1 GBP to 192 Krona, it seems the perfect time for all of us to throw down some cash, invest in Rovers' future, and toss the Icelandic folks a bone to allow them to keep eating.

If you liked the idea of Season Tickets for Charity, you'll love Iceland for Rovers, coming soon to a Paypal donation account near you!

That's their problem.

Investing carries inherent risk, has everybody forgotten this?

(I think it's sick that the Government is still trying to force through 42 days, yet the most recent use of anti-terror legislation was freezing Iceland's assets. Labour are pathetic)

*rant over :)

[quote name='BuckyRover' date='Oct 14 2008, 19:03 ' post='

(I think it's sick that the Government is still trying to force through 42 days, yet the most recent use of anti-terror legislation was freezing Iceland's assets. Labour are pathetic)

*rant over :)

I'm sure it was on Breakfast TV that the govt have dropped the plan.

It doesn't matter if they dropped it.

It already happened. You can't say "Oh, I changed my mind, just forget about it".

The Prime Minister of Iceland said

Mr Haarde, asked if he felt there was a crisis in relations between Britain and Iceland, said: "I thought so for a few minutes this morning when I realised that a terrorist law was being applied against us.

"That was not very pleasant. I'm afraid that not many governments would have taken that very kindly, to be put in that category and I told the chancellor that we were not pleased with that."

The damage has already been done.

It doesn't matter if they dropped it.

It already happened. You can't say "Oh, I changed my mind, just forget about it".

The Prime Minister of Iceland said

The damage has already been done.

Apologies-I thought you were concentrating on the 42 day aspect.

I remember him :lol:

There is a pont here, perhaps we can 'buy' as many clubs as possible, if rules allow, and use it as a breeding ground. Iceland may get better players with our funding, we get good youngers. The financial risk isn't too bad due to their economy disappearing. Send a letter to John Williams.

Archived