BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Middlesbrough Preview

chocky

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Middlesbrough are a team similar to us. Quite a low quality squad, little ambitions and a crap manager. I think the home advantage will make us the winner of this game.

Rovers 2

Boro 1

I'm sorry mate but neither Southgate or Ince are bad managers.

Santa Cruz

Robinson

Benni Mac

Samba

Tugay

Derbyshire

Pedersen?

Tuncay

Alavez

Mido

Downing

Wheater

Lots of quality in there I think

Interesting quote if true on the article that CrazyIvan provided a link to:

Despite good attacking options, Ince is concerned they have scored only eight goals in eight league games.

He said: "I was disappointed we did not have a shot on target against Bolton.

"That is something we have been working on this week, being a bit more offensive and getting people into the box."

I think we can all agree we were a bit too gung-ho in the first few games which left us a bit dodgy at the back, so we did some work on our defense and Samba in particular is starting to look back to his best.

Its going to be interesting to see how balanced we are against Boro if its true that Ince has been working on our offensive options this week in training. You just need to find the right balance at this level.

Southgate IS a bad manager.

Southgate and his Boro team can be summed up in one name: Jeremy Aliadiare: youthful, expensive, occasionally flashy, vaguely promising but mostly ineffectual.

There is no doubting that the combination of big money signings and good youngsters has made Boro a team that can occasionally reach impressive heights. However, they do not have the self-belief, ambition or drive to maintain it for any spell.

2-2

Boro is a decent team but one that's lacking self belief. With pacy flank players, they're actually more efficient when playing away with counters.

Can see us cruise it if we got an early goal, but if time drags we might end up like Wigan.

So I hope Ince to get the team up to the speed right from the start and end the contest early. :rolleyes:

Will be very eager to see how hungry Benni is if Santa needs another week to fully recover. The first player got oust by us fans in the +/- Game.

Will our forgotten man able to gasp this chance? I think Ince would have done a fantastic job if he's able to get Benni back to 3/4 of what he is on his first season.

:rover: if rocky is not fit,i would like to see derbs and carlos up front.going to be a tough game like every premiership game. :brfc:

Wouldn't that be very lightweight against Wheater and whoever else? Hope to see Mccarthy myself either starting or coming on early enough to make a difference.

:rover: chelsea destroyed boro playing football,carlos and derbs can play football,benni is never fit,roberts has the touch off a donkey and fowler wants putting out to grass :wacko::brfc:

Agree about Roberts and Fowler but i thought Mccarthy looked sharp when he came on against Bolton and that's why I'd like to see him get more time on the pitch. I don't for one minute think he'll play the whole game but either starting or coming on with enough time left he could do a lot.

Wouldn't that be very lightweight against Wheater and whoever else? Hope to see Mccarthy myself either starting or coming on early enough to make a difference.

Methinks so Gumboots. [see, we can agree on some things] :P

Agree about Roberts and Fowler but i thought Mccarthy looked sharp when he came on against Bolton and that's why I'd like to see him get more time on the pitch. I don't for one minute think he'll play the whole game but either starting or coming on with enough time left he could do a lot.

What a damning indictment.

Two months after the start of the season and the man is still not match fit (despite the groin strain).

How has he been allowed to get away with it? Has he no pride?

A fit and motivated Benni would be a huge feather in Ince's cap. In fact, I will go out on a limb and predict that Benni will score more for us this season than RSC.

I would advocate a formation which plays through the middle rather than down the wings, as we seem not to have any good wingers.

Robinson

Simpson, Nelsen, Samba, Olssen

Bert, Grella, Warnock

Carlos

Benni RSC

What a damning indictment.

Two months after the start of the season and the man is still not match fit (despite the groin strain).

How has he been allowed to get away with it? Has he no pride?

That wasn't meant as a criticism of anyone - just that I don't think many players get the full 90 mins when they first come back. If he'd played more of the Bolton game then I'd have expected the full 90 against Boro but most players need a match or two ( and sometimes more) to get into playing after injury.

We must win this one .... my eldest lad is the mascot! And as a perk of being his dad I get to accompany him in the home dressing room pre-match ... any tips I should pass on to Paul and the lads?

We must win this one .... my eldest lad is the mascot! And as a perk of being his dad I get to accompany him in the home dressing room pre-match ... any tips I should pass on to Paul and the lads?

Take something inconspicuous (a flask filled with weights should do it) and drop it on Fowler's ankle, you'd be doing us a great favour.

I would advocate a formation which plays through the middle rather than down the wings, as we seem not to have any good wingers.

Robinson

Simpson, Nelsen, Samba, Olssen

Bert, Grella, Warnock

Carlos

Benni RSC

Not through the middle please - No way Jose!!

I know we are limited but we will be even more predictable than we already are we haven't got the nous to play directly down the middle.

Personally, I would play Olsson down the left and put Warnock back at LB, Bert on the right with Carlos just behind whoever we have up front.

Archived