BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Middlesbrough Preview

chocky

Southgate's got us totally sussed out, he's pushing the defence right up because we have absolutely no pace.

And Alves scores. We deserve to lose this really, I wonder how much shots we've had on target in the last two matches combined?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lack of width means its right through the middle all the time. all you have to do is stop that and you stop us. its a long time till january

And because we have no pace anywhere defences can push right up, meaning anything through the middle is miles away from goal anyway. I've lost count of how many long balls have been clipped in to Santa Cruz near the half way line.

I told you so.

Pathetic performance.

What game were you watching?

We had the majority of the possession and bossed the game, it was not the greatest we have played but it wasnt a "pathetic performance" neither. The game merely highlights the need for a couple of decent wingers in January.

Grella and Carlos both played well.

just watch the match, its a point won rather then two lost

why play one upfront for 60 odd mins and at home at that.

we had no play maker and no one who can go past a player and hence it was a very tight none skilled match, one to forget

and 4 million on grella! ince is already playing the "i have no money card". what you do have your wasting mate

Grella got man of the match and I thought he did a decent job until he lost the plot towards the end, although I reckon Carlos should have got motm. Nice one from Benni, hopefully that will help his confidence and we will see him starting and scoring more soon.

Why didnt Ince chuck on Roberts when we were chasing the game? His pace and power may have worked.

Positives from the game (if you can call them that!): 90 minutes from Grella and Carlos, a goal from open play for Benni.

Gloomy muppets. The only real problem was the lack of any fullback overlapping and Roques neck problem meant he disappeared in the second half.

Otherwise it was slippy and boring. Need warnock at fullback. Even the Blackburn End made some noise in the second half.

Here in Serbia with my season ticket I was not discouraged but not really enouraged.

What game were you watching?

The one where we struggled to get any shots on target again, where we offered virtually no penetration and where we played countless long balls, again completely bypassing the midfield.

I'd be interested to know how the anti-Allardyce people are viewing the current regime. I can't imagine the football being any worse than it is now.

Edit: Grella seems a decent water-carrier type that we were missing, but what's the point in making that sort of player your biggest signing when there's no-one to carry the water to?

Archived