BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stephen Reid - Out For The Season

trs

Terrible news though for an honest, nice lad - although not the best around, always been committed and I'm sure he will be 100% focussed on a full recovery.

Wonder what our insurance premiums are on him? He's defied the odds to battle back twice before, sure he will again. However, let's be thankful we've a glut of midfielders to cover/replace the loss.

No doubt will get an outcrop of people blaming Ince for injuries now.

I agree with that. I hope he recovers fully and gets back to the form he showed a couple of seasons ago. I'll never forget that rocket at Wigan. It looked like the ball was coming straight at my head because of where I was sitting. I'm glad the net was there! :)

I agree with that. I hope he recovers fully and gets back to the form he showed a couple of seasons ago. I'll never forget that rocket at Wigan. It looked like the ball was coming straight at my head because of where I was sitting. I'm glad the net was there! :)

You must have been close to me there CI as I ducked down sharpish :lol:

Disappointed for Reidy but i cannot help but feel that the one good season he had is going to be just that, one good season.

He is too injury prone and i personally would like to see the club help he with his rehab of the injury and then send him off to a new club to ply his trade. He isn't good enough or consistantly fit enough for the Premiership anymore, as previously mentioned, we cannot be sentimental and keep him on because he scored a screamer at Wigan. 6-7 goals in 90 matches for a midfielder isn't a particulary good record for a lad that likes to go box to box.

Terrible news for Reid and Rovers.

If its the same knee I can't see him making it back, unfortunatley I can't see him playing for Rovers again. If he recovers physically he won't mentally (I don't think it did last time) and will never be the same player because of it.

Its a good job clubs aren't as sickenenly mercenary as players and we will stand by him through his injury and no doubt give him a chance to get back. Saying that when his contract is up......

Good luck Steven.

I expect us to keep him on to see if he can recover or not, he is contracted until 2010.

Its a shame injuries have taken their toll on Reidy, i was hoping he would once again show the form that lead us to a sixth place finish. I wish him all the best in his recovery.

Ince on Reidy's Injury:

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,237...4348260,00.html

Archived