BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst

Peds has played against Bolton many times and probably knows them better than Ince does. He should have been in the squad and played. It's not going to do his confidence and good and at this rate our best players will be walking out come Christmas.

MGP simply hasn't performed for about two seasons now mum. I think in this instance the manager is right to drop him, it's about time we saw the end of players having guaranteed slots in the side regardless of performance.

It seems we can all only wistfully hark back to the time when we all said we would turn down 16m from Man Ure for him I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

When you see what has happened to the likes of MGP, McCarthy (and Bentley?) it does become hard to construct an argument against selling players at the peak of their value and moving on.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In an interview I heard Ince said something along the lines of it wasn't his sort of game.

Direct quote or interpretation? He said he'd had two games in a week and suggested it was a good opportunity to rest him.

Myself, I don't believe in coincidences and think it was manager speak, and what he said - and why he did it - are probably two completely different things.

IMO he's never looked anything the player he was before his last contract renewal. We had a sell-on clause then, so it's probably the case he's got one in his latest contract - I hope so.

We can't carry passengers like him anymore; he's done nothing to show his class on a consistent basis and I applaud Ince for throwing down the gauntlet to him. We've at last got players to challenge him for his position, and he doesn't like it. Ince has already IMO offered him more latitude, by playing him on right instead of Treacy, and dropping him - and we end up with a planted agent-led story?

Let's face it - Pedersen has no guts for the fight, on or off the pitch. Get rid of the Ferrari, the over-inflated opinion of yourself Morten/Gamst/Peds whatever, or be off with you. Knew we were in trouble when he went through all that palaver about changing his name, rather than changing his form.

Peds has played against Bolton many times and probably knows them better than Ince does. He should have been in the squad and played. It's not going to do his confidence and good and at this rate our best players will be walking out come Christmas.

Define 'best' RM please? At what point in the last two years has the Pedersen on the pitch looked like the Pedersen in his own mind? Only contribution I recall was stealing two points from Sheff Utd.

I can see your motherly instincts coming out, and he does seem the type of player that would welcome a cuddle and a Farleys rusk. However, if the supreme manager of men Mr Hughes can't sort him out, it's unlikely Spartacus Ince will do; however at least he's had the guts to do what MH didn't seem to.

His performances this season have not been good enough to warrant a place in the side. I wonder if Ince is thinking of returning to his old side Wolves for Kightly ?

I'm sure thats been on his mind since Day One, more due to the quiff-boy DB though.

This petulance - it must be something tonsorial methinks. Get the clippers out and morale will soon improve.

Let's face it - Pedersen has no guts for the fight, on or off the pitch. Get rid of the Ferrari, the over-inflated opinion of yourself Morten/Gamst/Peds whatever, or be off with you. Knew we were in trouble when he went through all that palaver about changing his name, rather than changing his form.

I always thought MGP was very humble really, a Scandinavian trait I suppose.

If he is suffering a 'confidence crisis', then playing over 30 games a season last year and being regularly picked when performing direly should have lifted it. It didn't.

I sincerely hope our best players aren't walking out come Christmas. Fortunately Pedersen doesn't fall into that category so I hope some mug is still willing to pay £3mill+ for him.

Spuds :) They seem obsessed with all things Rovers and have been blowing kisses and fluttering their eyelashes at MGP for ages.

That's comical coming from you! I've never known anyone barrack Ince as much on here!

We all know what Morten is capable of. We should be encouraging him to regain his form.

Ince, on the other hand, seems to be incapable of attaining excellence. It has hardly been an impressive start, has it?

We all know what Morten is capable of. We should be encouraging him to regain his form.

Ince, on the other hand, seems to be incapable of attaining excellence. It has hardly been an impressive start, has it?

Hmm, 9th after 8 games and three points off 6th spot. Not so bad a start for a new manager who's trying to change the way the team plays. Better than Spurs isn't it? You seem incapable of backing the manager and seeing anything positive in what he does.

Hmm, 9th after 8 games and three points off 6th spot. Not so bad a start for a new manager who's trying to change the way the team plays. Better than Spurs isn't it? You seem incapable of backing the manager and seeing anything positive in what he does.

Why was it necessary to change the way we played? The effect of said changes has led to thumpings from United and Arsenal. United played exceptionally well against us, but it was hardly a difficult evening for them at Ewood was it? Very poor management from Ince.

Ince's Rovers team has a better chance of being relegated than Sparky's ever did.

Why was it necessary to change the way we played? The effect of said changes has led to thumpings from United and Arsenal. United played exceptionally well against us, but it was hardly a difficult evening for them at Ewood was it? Very poor management from Ince.

Ince's Rovers team has a better chance of being relegated than Sparky's ever did.

Hughes has gone unfortunately. Now Ince is here like it or not. If you want Rovers to prosper you might want to offer him some of the extravagant fairness you offer Pedersen.

Totally agree with you Frisky Jim.

Theres some rubbish spouted about playing attractive football, you cant do that if you bring in inferior players.

Thankfuly Hughes men keep Inces head above water for now, just hope Ince realises it, if not, then look forward to seeing Blobbie Howler and Andrews playing more frequently :(

The lad can't be faulted for effort but I simply cannot understand where Pedersons crossing, dead ball and corner taking ability has gone.

I think the key issues are playing with players who understand you as a player and ones that do things that link you with them so that you all look good.

This seems to be totally missing the understanding or linking with the forwards is non existent but I put a lot of the blame on not having quick pacey forward who plays off the shoulder of the last defender. Then theres the covering all the time for little Steven Warnock who seems to struggle sometimes in one v one situations and needs protecting. Then theres the central left handside of midfield another weakness were different players are played continually changing because no one person is consistant enough to hold down a regular place in this position.

All in all too many inconsistencies in our team that dont help any player but as a big Morten fan, I have to say his performance against the dirty reds was inexcusable.

I can see your motherly instincts coming out, and he does seem the type of player that would welcome a cuddle and a Farleys rusk. However, if the supreme manager of men Mr Hughes can't sort him out, it's unlikely Spartacus Ince will do; however at least he's had the guts to do what MH didn't seem to.

ROFL almost as funny as the Miko comment.

New manager new idea's did you ever expect Ince to come in and say "right lads nothing changes we'll do it the same as Sparky". Paul Ince is Paul Ince he will change things just as you would in a new job. We are 9th in the table we do not look like struggling. Man U and Arsenal will do far worse to other teams than what they did to us this year.

How in God's name did Keith Andrews get on the bench for the middlesbrough game and Peds didn't even feature???

I know he's not been in fantastic form; but Keith Andrews????? We already had Tugay on the bench for a central midfield role....It just seems daft

well we already had keith treacy on the bench for the left wing position ;)

seriously tho-either been dropped could do two things to pedersen-come back and be the top player he can be-or he could request a move and be sold..i hope he can come back with something to prove like mcarthy can..

keith andrews isnt that bad actually..

Pedersens father texted in to the studio (here in Norway) on saturday and said Morten was in top condition, yet left out of the squad.

MGP at his weakest would probably have done a better job than Derbyshire and Treacy combined in that game. Let's face it, he can create something and it sure didn't look like those other two could.

I don't think this is the way to motivate him. He'll be off in january as it's clear Ince does not like him. Fine by me as long as we get someone better in. Just can't see where a proven left winger can be found for £5 mill, as well as a new right winger.

Lets get this straight-MGP has never been a top player at this level and he never will be. He scored a few fantastic volleyed goals that caught the eye of the M.O.T.D. fans but his general play has never been of a high standard. We all know what the problem is- A chronic lack of pace, if you're not fast at his age you're never going to be fast- simple as. He also lacks the cunning that enables other slow players to play at our level. If there isn't a winger better than him in the championship I'll eat my shorts !

As for him leaving , well there won't be a stampede for his services, leaving him out is one of the few things I agree with that Ince has done. If we're smart we'd leave him out permanently then nobody can scout him and we might get lucky.

To be fair neither Derbyshire or Treacy offered anything down the left flank on Saturday. Villanueva could play down the left but I feel he's wasted out on the flanks and is far more dangerous in the middle. I'd definately like to see Pedersen back on the bench for the midweek game at least, true he's been poor for ages now but he's probably still without doubt the best left midfielder we have. What's happened to Sergio Peter?

Archived