BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst

I didn't say anything on Saturday but I thought Derbyshire's performance was the most in-effectual I'd seen from any Rovers player in a long time. He wasted EVERY SINGLE ball he received ! Some of hs crosses were abject, most amateurs could have landed at least one of the chances he had. Treacy looked off the pace and maybe a season awy from being ready. I'd give Ollsen a whirl at Villa with Warnock going back to his best position.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont blame Ince, Fans have been calling for him to be dropped for 2 1/2 year, when someone finally has the balls to do it, people question it!

Fact is MGP hasnt been good enough to deserve a place in the squad, and Ince has recognised that - id like to see Peter or Treacy given a full 90 minutes on the left.

If MGP isnt happy with it all and wants out, then thats his problem and he obviously isnt good enough if he cannot perform and prove himeself. He needs to take a look at Benni and realise that sometimes you need to step back and take a good look at yourself and the put the extra effort in to win your place back. Time for MGP to do the same.

MGP needs a good kick up the bum, and he has got it. It is up to MGP whether he sees it as a sign to try and get his form back.

Exactly, couldn't agree more.

He hasn't performed for a long time, others now deserve a chance to see what they can do, meanwhile he should work hard and try and win his place in the team back, if he isn't ready to do that then he can look elsewhere for first team football.

I hope mgp comes back with a bang but i cant see it

His confidence must be rock bottom now

Its not all matty's fault, got to question sticking a right footed striker on the left wing

At least when keith got into the game on sat he tried to take the full back on, more than anybody else has in that position this season.

Lets get this straight-MGP has never been a top player at this level and he never will be. He scored a few fantastic volleyed goals that caught the eye of the M.O.T.D. fans but his general play has never been of a high standard. We all know what the problem is- A chronic lack of pace, if you're not fast at his age you're never going to be fast- simple as. He also lacks the cunning that enables other slow players to play at our level. If there isn't a winger better than him in the championship I'll eat my shorts !

As for him leaving , well there won't be a stampede for his services, leaving him out is one of the few things I agree with that Ince has done. If we're smart we'd leave him out permanently then nobody can scout him and we might get lucky.

I agree that the spectacular goals made MGP look better than he was but I disagree that his general play has never been of a high standard. During Hughes's first two full seasons his distribution was outstanding and his setpieces were great. Unfortunately there has been a steady decline in each of the subsequent seasons since especially after that miss in the semi.

The decline in MGP's performance seemed to me to go hand in hand in raise to prominence of a certain D. Bentley and the move by Rovers to a more 'Solid Formation' . Is that coincidence I don't know bit now that both of these are changing but the only thing that seems not to be changing is Pedersen's poor form.

I think what he needs is a goal to perk him up a little. It was a shame that the last goal he scored was an the last game of last season so he could not build on it.

I agree that the spectacular goals made MGP look better than he was but I disagree that his general play has never been of a high standard. During Hughes's first two full seasons his distribution was outstanding and his setpieces were great. Unfortunately there has been a steady decline in each of the subsequent seasons since especially after that miss in the semi.

The decline in MGP's performance seemed to me to go hand in hand in raise to prominence of a certain D. Bentley and the move by Rovers to a more 'Solid Formation' . Is that coincidence I don't know bit now that both of these are changing but the only thing that seems not to be changing is Pedersen's poor form.

I think what he needs is a goal to perk him up a little. It was a shame that the last goal he scored was an the last game of last season so he could not build on it.

Its interesting to hear what fans of other clubs say about our players and more often than not Pederson is considered to be one of our stars. Figure that one out.

Pederson may not be a Damien Duff, with whom he is compared by some fans, but he does work extremely hard, is good in the air and is good at set pieces.

I suspect he has suffered a lack of confidence whilst being in Bentley's shadow and Ince should recognise that he is an asset to the team and will perform if encouraged, not simply discarded in the desire to build a team of his own players.

Pederson may not be a Damien Duff, with whom he is compared by some fans, but he does work extremely hard, is good in the air and is good at set pieces.

I suspect he has suffered a lack of confidence whilst being in Bentley's shadow and Ince should recognise that he is an asset to the team and will perform if encouraged, not simply discarded in the desire to build a team of his own players.

I think there was several spelling mistakes in your reply....I think the word 'is' in this instance should be spelt 'was'

It's a lack of confidence that's been going on for far too long if that's the case. Every player goes through dips in form, but not for this length of time. Over the last couple of seasons he's put in far too many sub-standard performances and got away with it under Hughes' favour / lack of decent competition for a place in the team.

Personally, I'm glad that Ince has picked up on this and made it clear that he can't be expected to make the first XI every week if he doesn't make more significant contributions when playing. Hopefully, he will get an oppurtunity in the next few weeks to prove he deserves a place in the team - something Benni seems to be doing at the moment.

If he doesn't take the chance then perhaps it's time for someone else to be given a decent run to in the team and/or we look at moving him on and buying a replacement. With the current state of transition at Ewood at the moment, we can't afford to be carrying MGP week in, week out.

Its interesting to hear what fans of other clubs say about our players and more often than not Pederson is considered to be one of our stars. Figure that one out.

Im sure he is being encouraged to perform, but leaving him in the team if not performing isnt the answer - so he has been dropped. Its 'sort your head out time' for him.

As for other fans, I think that opinion has also changed over the last 18 months. I know alot of Bolton, Manc & Liverpool fans and all of them think he is poor. His free-kicks masked over his poor performances. And he doesnt score them anymore.

Im sure he is being encouraged to perform, but leaving him in the team if not performing isnt the answer - so he has been dropped. Its 'sort your head out time' for him.

As for other fans, I think that opinion has also changed over the last 18 months. I know alot of Bolton, Manc & Liverpool fans and all of them think he is poor. His free-kicks masked over his poor performances. And he doesnt score them anymore.

Maybe Hughesy but are Andrews, Treacey, Derbyshire or Reid (when fit) any more effective.

I'm happy to leave Ince to sort it out one way or another as there may be other issues which we may not be aware of. All that I'm saying is that he's too good to not play any part in games when players like Fowler are preferred.

Maybe Hughesy but are Andrews, Treacey, Derbyshire or Reid (when fit) any more effective.

I'm happy to leave Ince to sort it out one way or another as there may be other issues which we may not be aware of. All that I'm saying is that he's too good to not play any part in games when players like Fowler are preferred.

Based on his recent performances, he isnt too good to not play a part at all!! You cant compare him to those players becuase most of them arent in his position!

I think treacy would do well given a run of games.

I agree with whats been said, its been a long time coming and hopefully this will give him the kick up the arse he needs! Hope he sorts it out though....

Pedersen hasn't been at his best for a couple of seasons now. He's shown some form occasionally but dropped into mediocrity and poor form too many times. I'd love to see him back at his best and I think he can do it. It does make you wonder what is going on behind the scenes, maybe something in his personal life? A small break so he can get his head sorted, a bit like Benni got earlier this season, might work wonders. I sincerely hope so because on his day he is better than anything else we've got in that position. Treacy is ok but not a patch on a top performing Pedersen, at least not yet.

Based on what I've seen, I think that the willing is there as he seems to work hard, but for some reason, the "skill" factor has declined. Confidence? I'm not sure.

Players don't lose their skill Jackson. I remember pointing out in his early days, that it was his goals that took the eye, - I also said that if they dried up he wouldn't have enough about his game to succeed.

I took a bit of flak about that, but this, IMO, is what's been happening for at least two years now. Ince has to find a way of getting MGP back scoring goals, or else we'll need two wingers some time soon.

Archived