Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Train 'vandalised By Blackburn Rovers Fans'

ABBEY

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for

authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place

of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their

households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They

contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties

at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

ATTRIBUTION: Attributed to SOCRATES by Plato, according to William L.

Patty and Louise S. Johnson, Personality and Adjustment, p. 277

(1953)."

Kids are not taught respect these days.

Can we qualify that? Some kids are not taught respect. It's high on our list of priorities in our school. In fact the whole of assembly yesterday was about respect - for the feelings of others, for the property and personal well-being of others. However, there will always be a stupid minority around who manage to get all the decent hard-working kids who do nothing seriously wrong and grow up to be gradually more responsible citizens a bad name. Unfortunately nobody reports on the thousand or more kids doing well. They report on the twenty or thirty doing wrong. We raise thousands for charity every year and are generally known as a good school but it only takes one kid to smash somebody's milk bottles on their way home or decide to take a short cut across someone's lawn and the whole area decides our kids are going to the dogs.

You say the children are bad, but id say that quite a lot of older people dont have any respect either, I`ve come accross some old people whilst at work that have terrible manners and a complete lack of respect for anyone.

Old people seem to think that the world should revolve around them..

You say the children are bad, but id say that quite a lot of older people dont have any respect either, I`ve come accross some old people whilst at work that have terrible manners and a complete lack of respect for anyone.

Old people seem to think that the world should revolve around them..

Well I guess some people never grow up?

I know a large group got on my train to bolton at 11am. They all got off at bromley cross...

My parents live pretty close to Bromley X (I went to school there) and we drove past on Saturday morning on the way back from town. There was a big groups of lads there with a police presence. Wondered why they were there and why there was one of them videoing it.

Why would you get off at Bromley X?

My parents live pretty close to Bromley X (I went to school there) and we drove past on Saturday morning on the way back from town. There was a big groups of lads there with a police presence. Wondered why they were there and why there was one of them videoing it.

Why would you get off at Bromley X?

they probably didn`t want to bump into the bigger boys from Bolton waiting for them at Bolton station :unsure:

Archived