BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The 2-1 Villa Preview Thread

Flopsy

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TrentVilla - At ewood you will be paying £25 adults, £7 kids. So for a family of 4 say, thats £36 cheaper in total, and dont forget its a night match too. Maybe clubs should look at the pricing more based on the time of games? You can then compare your £31 to £15 a ticket at bolton.

As for the seating - its crap, if your in the bottom tier then you are too low to see half of the pitch. Also the stewards are always over the top.

Hope we win this one, but to be honest id be very happy with a point.

I don't mean to be picky but where are you getting your figures from? Because I took at look at your next home game and the prices for away fans and they are more expensive than the £31 we are charging you.

Chelsea - £35 for adults, £15 OAP's, £25 juniors

As for the family of 4 example lets be realistic shall we families of 4 don't tend to make up the typical away support do they.

With regards the seating I will have to take your word for it but I don't see how it is any different at all from any seating in the lower tier of any stand.

With regards the result we need to win a point wouldn't be good enough for us after drawing the last home game to Pompy, not if we want to try and finish 5th.

I don't mean to be picky but where are you getting your figures from? Because I took at look at your next home game and the prices for away fans and they are more expensive than the £31 we are charging you.

Chelsea - £35 for adults, £15 OAP's, £25 juniors

As for the family of 4 example lets be realistic shall we families of 4 don't tend to make up the typical away support do they.

With regards the seating I will have to take your word for it but I don't see how it is any different at all from any seating in the lower tier of any stand.

With regards the result we need to win a point wouldn't be good enough for us after drawing the last home game to Pompy, not if we want to try and finish 5th.

Chelsea is a Cat A game.

Villa is a Cat B game - so £25 adults.Ticket Prices

However the same can not be said for the facilities provided for the away support.

n558281945_1404874_2633.jpg

A photo taken from the season before last’s game at Villa Park. The stewards were so proud of their new high visibility uniforms

Aah...Reichsfuhrer-SS Himmler. I bet he could get the away fans to sit down in the Darwen end...

I was looking forward to going but not at that price.

If you're local why don't you just get a cheaper ticket and sit amongst the Villa fans - you could even sit in the decent parts of the ground if there are any .

It'd be a lot better than paying daft prices and taking the risk of being sat next to some of the increasingly high number of morons that we send to away games .

And before you say it .....the risk of you getting beat up if Rovers win is negiligible ;)

I wonder if the Guv thinks this is Pedersen's type of game? :rolleyes:

I hope so because poor SMD is getting shafted big style playing out on the flanks when it's clear he is a striker!

It is an interesting dilema - MGP of a couple of years ago could have easily played in the formation we had yesterday. His heading ability and eye for a goal would have been ideal. Unfortunately the current vintage doesn't seem to carry the same goal threat. However - playing away from home - I would start with MGP (if PI persists with the same formation as yesterday).

Another great result for us today but no time to really enjoy it as the next game is around the corner. We are on a roll at the moment and in good form plus the new found squad strength is starting to pay dividends for us today we have Sidwell, Carew and Curtis Davies amongst the subs which is a decent bench.

The game on Wed will be tough but we are confident and expectant these days we must take 3 points to continue to try and clinch 5th and put pressure on the top 4. However I know that you have a decent side and no game against an Ince side will be easy.

So I'm going to predict a narrow 2-1 win although I'm hoping Brad can make it 3 clean sheets in a row.

I think it’s evident that Ince is still finding his feet at this level, especially when it comes to selecting his best eleven and formation. On the whole i am happy with his progress as this season was more about stabilisation after the loss of a couple of key players and the introduction of a new young manager with new training methods.

In terms of the Villa game I’m not that confident, they are in good form and we are still finding our feet. I expect a Villa victory, though from what I’ve seen (especially last season) they tend to perform better away from home as they counter the opposition with pace. I still think their defence looks a bit suspect and their midfield lacks a bit of bite.

I think every game this season is going to be a massive game for Ince in the eyes of some some fans.

I'm going to this one and take your point but I think it's an important game bearing in mind the way we rolled over to have our tummies tickled against Man Ure and Arsenal.

Villa are probably the next grade down at the moment and we need to get our tactics and motivation right to give us the best chance of putting in a good performance and coming away with a result.

Great preview Flops.

I fancy us to play really well at Villa Park and either slip to a narrow defeat or get a draw. Odds tip towards a 2-1 Villa win depending on the injury situation coming out of this week-end. Villa away is a game that needs Roque up front as they have defenders who struggle against him.

Agree with you there philipl, feeling more confident in the back four now with Warnock slipping back to left back along with Grella after watching saturdays game.

Who the other two are though that will play with Emmerton and Roque as the offensive side of our game wouldnt like to say, but I have full confidence in Danny Simpson sniffing out Young which should be one of the key contest of the night, Barry looks like he could be out and if Agbonlahor is out then the opportunities are really opening for Rovers in this game.

It will be close hopefully Rovers will deliver.

Agree with you there philipl, feeling more confident in the back four now with Warnock slipping back to left back along with Grella after watching saturdays game.

:rover: gordon bennet you said warnock was a liability at left back,make your mind up.my cousin lives in brum and has tickets for the villa end for him and his son for less than one ticket in the blackburn end.if a club makes tickets cheap for the home fans they should for the away as wellVisit My Website

:rover: gordon bennet you said warnock was a liability at left back,make your mind up.my cousin lives in brum and has tickets for the villa end for him and his son for less than one ticket in the blackburn end.if a club makes tickets cheap for the home fans they should for the away as wellVisit My Website

Hes not a favourite of mine definitely but putting him back to left back SHOULD give him fresh impetus after playing in the centre. Its who plays in front of him that could be more important.

Just seen a bit of Wigan v Villa- Villa were very good. Big test this game.

I think they are a good side if you play to their strengths, if you attack them they will hit you on the break with all their pace. Thats why they look more dangerous away from Villa park.

If you stay patient, don't go to gung-ho against them in attack i think you can hurt them. You need to let them come to you and try and break you down.

Trentvilla, bless his cotton claret and blue socks has answerd the q's for us. Dave T is currently on the run it appears

1) How do you think the season's gone so far?

So far so good. We got turned over at Stoke but that was always going to be a tough one away on the opening day that result aside we have started well. We are picking up points away and we are unbeaten at home which is keeping us in touching distance of the Sky 4 add to that the win over Ajax and we are in good shape.

The new members of the squad have all settled in quickly which has helped and we look a far more balanced squad than this time last year.

2) Who's your player of the season so far and why?

That is a hard one as most players are on form and there are a few contenders for that crown. We have Gabby and Carew on 6 goals each so far, the brilliant Ashley Young who should be an England regular by now and then we have those players who never let us down like Laursen and Reo-Coker.

However, player of the season so far just has to go to Petrov who has been outstanding so far and who is proving many Villa fans wrong after they gave him a hard time last season.

3) Who's your worst?

Can't fault a single player. We have a new found depth and strength in the squad which seems to be pushing players on to achieve more consistent form at Wigan this weekend we had Sidwell, Curtis Davies and John Carew on the bench which shows how far we have come.

If I was forced to pick one player it would be Harewood who has failed to take his chances to perform when given a start.

4) What have been your strengths?

That is simple, goals! Last season we were 2nd or 3rd top scorers in the league and this season we have started in the same vain we have goals throughout the side. We lack a 20 goal a season striker but we have so many players that chip in with regular goals that in some ways it makes us a better side.

But the biggest think we have got going for us is that we are organised and exceptionally hard working as a side every player knows what Martin O'Neil expects and what will happen if they don't deliver. This is by far the hardest working Villa side I have seen in 20 years combined with the talent in our side making us a dangerous outfit and a joy to watch.

5) And what makes you tear you hair out with the incompetance of it all?

The Villa fans who still aren't happy and continue to moan, I don't think they realise how good we have it.

6) How do you think O'Neil's doing and what are your views on Ince?

What can be said about our Martin that hasn't been said before? Sometimes he drives you nuts but there is always method in his madness he has simply been brilliant for us.

As for Ince, some might recall I posted on here in the summer in defence of Paul Ince I simply couldn't believe the views of some Blackburn fans on their new manager. I personally think Ince is one of the best young managers in the game and has huge potential he reminds me a lot of Mark Hughes in his early days which is why I think your board went for him.

I said it at the time and I stand by it Ince was the right choice for Blackburn and given time, support and backing from the board will do a good job for you.

7) Although the majority of us Rovers fans were gutted to see Friedal go to you, we also thought his super powers were on the wane, how good as he been for you? Although after Carson, Sorenson and Enklemen, I suppose an inflatable giraffe would have been an improvement.

I've always admired Friedal from a far so to land him this summer after our recent history of keepers was a great bit of business but I do agree his powers on not quite perhaps what they once were. That said he is still one of the best keepers around in the short term and is just the calm, cool and experienced head our young side needed.

8) Who should Rover's fear and who do you worry about from Rovers, (Santa Cruz is too easy an answer), as a suplimentary, who are you so desperate to get rid of that you would pay them to move to a different club?

It sounds a little arrogant to say but as I said earlier we aren't a one player team or a side that you can stop by stopping one player. If you stop Ashley Young there is Milner on the other wing or Carew or Gabby or Barry but most sides opt to try and stop Ashley Young.

With regards who I fear from Rovers (other than RSC) it would have to be Fowler! No seriously that man has scored more goals against us over the years than just about any other player, if he gets on the pitch he is bound to score.

I used to also be a big fan of MGP but its been a while since I've seen him perform to his best, I thought he might shine again with the sale of Bentley and still regard him as a threat.

9) Whats the best game you can remember against Rovers, and whats the worst?

Last year at Ewood was pretty good and there was that big win we had up there a few years ago. As for the worst we have taken some beatings off you over the years and we regularly got played off the pitch by you but the 4-1 home defeat in the cup was the worst.

10) What would be funnier, Birmingham City staying down, or Spur's and Newcastle joining them?

Spurs and Newcastle joining them as that would mean Blues have stayed down!!!

11) What one thing would you do to improve football?

A time machine to take us back to the days before money destroyed the beautiful game perhaps. That or banning Harry Redknapp from football, I can't stand that man.

As for a prediction I'm going for 2-0 Villa

Again, Many thanks Ash

Oh, BP - i thought of sitting with the home fans, but I refuse to give any money that treats its guests like that.

I can't see us getting owt from this one - I'll be very happy with a point.

Villa's form is good, plus we tend to struggle against pacy teams.

As for stewarding, I've never had any trouble from them in the 6 or so times I've watched Rovers at Villa Park. I agree the stands are bobbins, though but the Doug Ellis is way better than the old away end behind the goal. By contrast I've sat in the Trinity Road stand (the big 3 tier jobbie opposite) and that's really nice.

And sure £31 is more than Villa's away fans will pay for the Darwen End but there are worse tickets to buy. I've minimal transport costs so no excuses (not a dig at you Flops - just my POV).

My happiest memory was the 4-0 to go top of the table in '97. Sutton hattrick and a 4th from Gally (jumping up for the 4th was AFAIK my MOTD debut as well).

So I reckon we'll lose but I've not seen Rovers much this season and I'm looking forward to it.

Archived