BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Away

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orwell at Wigan Pier isnt a bad watering hole. Will be a few Rovers in there and isnt that far from the stadium.

Found an away-guide where Orwell and Red Robin was named as friendly pubs, will probably search for those. Is Wallgate the best station to aim for when arriving from Liverpool?

Found an away-guide where Orwell and Red Robin was named as friendly pubs, will probably search for those. Is Wallgate the best station to aim for when arriving from Liverpool?

Doesn't matter whether you come in to Wallgate or North Western - they are across the road from each other and both within an easy walk of the JJB. I think the faster trains use North Western.

Doesn't matter whether you come in to Wallgate or North Western - they are across the road from each other and both within an easy walk of the JJB. I think the faster trains use North Western.

Ok great, takes about thirty minutes from Liverpool so its quite nice. Will be great to get over again.

• 3 weeks later...
Wigan is a place to avoid mate, its a bigger hole than most parts of Lancashire and its full of pie eaters :P

Wigan away is normally one of my favorite away trips.

Cheap tickets

Good Atmosphere

Take a load of fans

Cheap Tickets

Good pubs

its family day at wigan that day, so should be cheap tickets

But how about this strange fact Wigan last season went 10 league games wtihout a win ( we're on 7 ) on the 8th game Spurs away they were hammered 4-0 hutchings was sacked 2 days later , Bruce appointed still didnt win until the 11th game when they beat us in one of the most bizarre games of footy I've ever witnissed ( how we came away with nothing is a mystery )

until the 11th game when they beat us in one of the most bizarre games of footy I've ever witnissed ( how we came away with nothing is a mystery )

Because in the first half the midfield and defence was none existent. The first 45 minutes of that game made the second half against Sunderland last week look like a masterclass. You can't play that bad for half a game and expect to get anything. Second half we were very good until Emerton got sent off and the linesman kept his flag down for their 4th goal. Either way it was a shocking performance by most of the rovers players.

I still have nightmares about Wigan away last season. I had the worst xmas-do hangover ever, I was sat right behind a guy with the noisiest drum known to man and it was probably the worst performance of the season. I'm ashamed to say it but I left 20mins before the end as I could not handle another minute of it!

The Orwell at Wigan Pier isnt a bad watering hole. Will be a few Rovers in there and isnt that far from the stadium.

Is that the one where to smoke you have to stand outside on a wooden walk-way over the river? If so leave your phone at home, personal experience and all that.

Yes cheap tickets, I've been a couple of times already this year friendly town and good win against City!

This is top deal - £20 for an adult and a kids ticket free!

Got 14 tickets yesterday.

COME ON ROVERS FANS - LETS SELL OUT AND LIFT THE BLOODY ROOF OFF THE JJB!!! THIS IS A MASSIVE GAME FOR US.

(sorry for the caps mods.......... it just felt better that way)

Archived