BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Brom Preview

colin

I noticed in today's Daily Telegraph that the "ghost goal ref" will be a 4th official again-because of controversy in the Derby/Nottingham Forest match

Did anyone see this game? Crazy ending.

It was 1-1 in stoppage time, Derby pushing for a winner. The ball is crossed in, Derby player goes up and heads it past the keeper for a goal. The ref brings it back as he'd already blown his whistle for a penalty for a push before the ball went in. The penalty is taken and the keeper saves it, knocking it behind for a corner. The corner comes in, another header on target and going in, but the keeper gets across and makes another great save, conceeding another corner. The next corner comes over, Derby player goes up and heads it past the keeper and in again, but the ref blows for a foul that even now no one seems to be able to explain.

After that and the Watford/Reading game that clown should never ref again.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After that and the Watford/Reading game that clown should never ref again.

I didn't watch it but I heard it on Radio 5, which is why I did the posting.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with this guy. He's been fast tracked so I can't see him being dropped completely, but he obviously needs help.

It was 1-1 in stoppage time, Derby pushing for a winner. The ball is crossed in, Derby player goes up and heads it past the keeper for a goal. The ref brings it back as he'd already blown his whistle for a penalty for a push before the ball went in. The penalty is taken and the keeper saves it, knocking it behind for a corner. The corner comes in, another header on target and going in, but the keeper gets across and makes another great save, conceeding another corner. The next corner comes over, Derby player goes up and heads it past the keeper and in again, but the ref blows for a foul that even now no one seems to be able to explain.

Didn't see it Tugay but if his decisions are proven to be correct when scrutinised then whats the problem? Sounds like he did well.... and definitely so up until the last decision which may actually be valid.

btw Wasn't this the guy that reffed us v Hull City? If so he was about the best ref that I have seen at Ewood for yonks.

They weren't correct Gord. The pen he gave shouldn't have been given, and even if it was justified, he should have had the sense to wait while the ball was still in the air in the penalty area rather than blowing immediately. As far as the second disallowed goal goes, they had Jeff Winter and Keith Hackett talking about it on SSN on Monday, neither could find a reason for the goal being ruled out despite being desperate to defend Atwell.

It would be one thing if he was missing things, but it would appear that this guy is seeing things that just aren't happening. He needs putting back in the oven, he's not done yet.

Didn't see it Tugay but if his decisions are proven to be correct when scrutinised then whats the problem? Sounds like he did well.... and definitely so up until the last decision which may actually be valid.

btw Wasn't this the guy that reffed us v Hull City? If so he was about the best ref that I have seen at Ewood for yonks.

He was alright in general but in "letting the game flow" he did nothing to stop Dunn being kicked off the pitch. He was deliberately targetted by Hull and hasn't played since.

It would be one thing if he was missing things, but it would appear that this guy is seeing things that just aren't happening.

Something I mentioned about all the refs ages ago - there mind is already made up even before they make the decision.

According to the BBC the ref has admitted in the rag that he was wrong to give the penalty to Liverpool

Referee Martin Hansson has admitted he was wrong to award Liverpool a last-minute penalty which earned Rafael Benitez's men a draw against Atletico Madrid on Tuesday. (The Sun)

OK, I'm trying to piece together how Danny Simpson is actually doing up there, which is really not easy. Reading this thread I've come to the conclusion that this match wasn't great, yet his substitution cost you the game? I have to agree with an earlier speaker, it's seems weird that no one seems to have anything good to say, yet nobody critisise him either and he seems to be a first choice. Don't know if I should take that as a good thing or not... (yes, I'm scum, that is why I have an interest in this particular player and none of the others. Would still appreciate if someone has something to say, as it is not easy to catch Blackburn matches, even when I place them as my second team)

Archived