BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hypocrisy - Bad Sportsmanship

neekoy

Gilardino banned for two games - Unsportsmanship behaviour

Why ban this guy but allow other players to dive, go down easily, play act, abuse referees, abuse other players, incite and inflame opposition supporters, kick the ball away, vindictive tackling ect ect.

One would think if the young man was still wearing the red and black this certainly wouldn't ahve come about.

Is this going to set the precedent now for ALL this kind of behaviour?

Given that it's the Italian FA that have chosen to ban him, and therefore can not set a precedent in any way that relates to us, then it's not surprising it didn't provoke much of a response.

That said, I wouldn't have expected him to have been banned. Then again, I really don't care. :)

Gilardino banned for two games - Unsportsmanship behaviour

Why ban this guy but allow other players to dive, go down easily, play act, abuse referees, abuse other players, incite and inflame opposition supporters, kick the ball away, vindictive tackling ect ect.

One would think if the young man was still wearing the red and black this certainly wouldn't ahve come about.

Is this going to set the precedent now for ALL this kind of behaviour?

The ban is designed to stop players from making this a precedent in future neekoy.

As for all the other misdemeanors you point out the respect campaign will add weight in discouraging them, good on the Italian FA for taking such action.

I would be happy to see missed deliberate handballs in the penalty area treated in a similar way to missed bad fouls and off the ball incidents ie the FA stepping in and charging the player BUT the FA should signal they are going to do that at the beginning of the season so everybody knows where they stand.

It would hopefully stamp out hand of God goals (and I cannot berlieve he is the new boss of Argentina) and sly handball by the defender missed at Ewood on Saturday (or at Newcastle by Olsson before Nelsen gave them a penalty anyway).

As it is, this smacks of somebody trying to stop Fiorentina crashing someone else's party!

As it is, this smacks of somebody trying to stop Fiorentina crashing someone else's party!

Cynical bugger! ;)

Inter have the strength to win in Florence with or without Gilardino...

On the whole, its tough for Fiorentina, but if this is indicative of things to come, I welcome it. That also applies to the English FA

and aussies are true sportsman who never cheat do they?

Oh ABBEY :rolleyes:

I am extremely happy they banned him, but to just now say bad sportsmanship deserves a suspension whilst allowing the rest of the blatant cheating in Italian football with diving, play acting ect is hypocritical

Claiming a goal for a handball is crap but shouldn't taking a dive in the box to win a penalty deserve the same treament?

Why all of a sudden does this pop it's head up?

I am with Phillip, and as my OP, if he was still in the red and black this wouldn't have happended.

Even though I would agree with decision, if this happened to one of our players with the likes of Torres, Ronaldo, Gerrard and Drogba around I would be ropeable.

what about performance enhancing drugs like mr warne then?

ABS, where are you going with this? Yes all cheating should be banned in any sport by any country, sheesh. Mr Warne was banned, good, who cares?

Have you got a comment on the decision to ban Gilardino or not?

I just want to know, do you agree or disagree or do you sit on the fence? Is this hypocritical 'for the sport of football' to ban this guy for cheating in one way but letting others go scot free for cheating in other ways?

Archived