BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Had Enough

This has nothing to do with any stories about Brand's relationship with the girl. It's solely about Ross and Brand's behaviour with Her Grandad.

It's not a proper thing to do, even if it had been done in private. IMO, it's certainly out of order to do in public.

Honestly Bucky, it's something I would expect a thirteen year old to behave like.

As I said, I would have flattened the pair of them.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knowing how much my children mean to me,i can imagine how i will be when i (hopefully!) end up with grandchildren,and if some plonker came boasting about what he was doing with my grandaughter i would without hesitation knock his block off.

It comes down to a complete lack of respect not only for her grandfather but also for elders in general,sadly reflecting how a large part of society behaves these days.

Ross should do the honourable thing and resign immediately but i doubt he knows the meaning of the word honourable.

I`m a bit suprised nobody has mentioned the sex act these two mentioned that should be performed on Sachs.

Has anyone actually read the transcript. There was more to it than just his grand daughter.

Can't be arsed with this one way or the other but I've just read that transcript. There was absolutely nothing humerous in it. Just boorish, puerile and insulting garbage from two bully's with hugely overblown ego's.

Have some people missed Andrew Sachs confirming that he gave permission for the calls to be broadcast on air?

I see the press have managed to blow something that resulted in TWO complaints when the show was aired into something ridiculous.

Anyway, Brand has resigned and I am sure he will get paid more elsewhere. I don't go out of my way to watch/listen to Brand, some things I find funny, some not. I just don't believe this was worth all the fuss.

It was a bit tasteless, but comedy is sometimes. The older generation don't approve but thats just the way things are.

I am sure I won't like young comedians when I am older.

Have some people missed Andrew Sachs confirming that he gave permission for the calls to be broadcast on air?

I see the press have managed to blow something that resulted in TWO complaints when the show was aired into something ridiculous.

Sachs said on the BBC tonight that he agreed to do an interview with RB the following week, he also said he couldn't clearly hear waht was on his voicemail as he was on a busy street when the producer contacted him about it. Basically he asked them to hold off for a week.

Sachs said on the BBC tonight that he agreed to do an interview with RB the following week, he also said he couldn't clearly hear waht was on his voicemail as he was on a busy street when the producer contacted him about it. Basically he asked them to hold off for a week.

And then two people complained. Until over a week later.

And then two people complained. Until over a week later.

I couldn't believe that when I heard it. Two people complained at the time, then 26,998 more decided days later to take offence.

I think this whole episode reflects far worse on us as a country of band-wagon jumping sensationalists than it does on Ross and Brand.

Edit: Not that I condone it by the way. I don't expect any better from Brand, but I was surprised Ross was involved. I always thought he was deliberately cheeky and 'on the edge', but always knew where the line was...at least on his chat show anyway. I don't think it's worth losing his job over, but it wasn't in the best of taste.

I think it is slightly more damning of Ross.

Would he have let Brand get away with something similar on his show? He was supposed to be the older, mature one.

It wasn't pleasant but we have to remember they are celebrities, making money out of entertainment, in effect they are in the same "club". I really don't believe Andrew Sachs will have lost any sleep over it. He must have known what his grand daughter got up to. It says on her website :)

My father is a veteran BBC radio producer and he is amazed that the recorded broadcast ever made it on the air. There are myriad restrictions and form-filling exercises in place to guard against this sort of thing so clearly someone, aside from Brand and Ross, dropped the ball.

I couldn't believe that when I heard it. Two people complained at the time, then 26,998 more decided days later to take offence.

I think this whole episode reflects far worse on us as a country of band-wagon jumping sensationalists than it does on Ross and Brand.

Maybe because the only people who listen to his show are those who think he's funny and appreciate him sailing close to the wind, if not actually over-stepping the mark?

Of course, I may be wrong, but I hardly think 27,000 people heard it and were only offended the week after. Unless they had some sort of delayed-reflex offence-response.

Nor do I think that these are people who only complained to jump on the band-wagon, what would they get out of band-wagon jumping? That doesn't make sense. Unless they were old fuddy-duddies "out to get" Russell Brand because they don't like him, but you'd have to be a paranoic to believe that.

I don't think it matters if you were listening/ watching a program at the time, or you found out about the content later. Particularly in this instance where there's no danger of it being taken out of context.

Was this really on an afternoon Radio 2 show? Whatever happened to the watershed? I'm not a fusty old crusty or a prude, but I'd have thought the watershed would've applied here?

In any case, he's gone now. I just need Chris Moyles to disappear without a trace now.

I worry about some people's sense of humour that they find this sort of thing hysterical. It's sad.

I think you're on the right lines but still not there.

The fact that Brand and Ross (especially former) are revered by so many for basic and "outrageous" 'comedy' reflects very badly on our society.

What has come of Britain when Russell Brand is considered one of the most intelligent men on TV/radio? He spouts long words and prurient stories and this makes him a pioneer. Sadly, IT DOES make him a dashing, pioneering character because the people love it.

Anyway, Brand has resigned and I am sure he will get paid more elsewhere. I don't go out of my way to watch/listen to Brand, some things I find funny, some not. I just don't believe this was worth all the fuss.

It was a bit tasteless, but comedy is sometimes. The older generation don't approve but thats just the way things are.

I am sure I won't like young comedians when I am older.

Well i`m 37 years old and wouldn`t consider myself as part of the `older generation` and i found it extremely offensive and disrespectful,the pair of them were bang out of order and i think Ross should be sacked.

Prior to this i did find Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross funny and entertaining,but i do think there are lines that shouldn`t be crossed.On this occasion they absolutely bulldozed their way across the line between comedy and bad taste with no regards for the feelings of the other parties involved whatsoever.

Archived