BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Had Enough

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Comedians always push boundaries.

It will never change. The only thing that will change is the BBC won't be able to get the new breed of comedians coming through.

Tell you what , Bucky ; you leave me the phone number of one of your grandparents and I'll get some local deadhead to "push the boundaries of comedy" by giving them a ring some night .

It'll be a real laugh ....honest .

.........and who knows - maybe the Beeb'll broadcast it on a new talent show -_-

Will sales of my book increase as a result of this abuse?

Will I benefit financially?

If my bank balance will swell after you ring my grandparents then knock yourself out.

Don't fight Andrew Sachs battles for him, he accepted their apology. Maybe you should do the same.

What they did was out of line, no question. It wasn't even funny...Chris Morris' Brass Eye special on paedophiles drew a record number of complaints but was one of the finest pieces of satire ever to come out of this country IMO.

But a public apology and a heavy fine should have been enough. The fact people have lost their jobs over this beggars belief.

The fact that people have no choice but to pay the salaries of those involved in this business is the only thing I find beyond belief .

Time for the Beeb to become subscription only - and survive on their own merits . Split the organisation up into Drama , News , Comedy and Sport sections and let it loose in the market place . It needn't necessarily have advertisements to help fund it ......if the products good enough the public will pay for it .

I wonder if the salaries of Ross and Brand would go up or down under such an arrangement .

People will fear that quality will go down further though Phil. There is that concern that if the BBC went all-out commercial, the likes of Planet Earth and BBC 4 will be replaced by crap like The boy with the Willy on His Head, Doorbells From Hell and Celebrity House Auction on Ice. The kind of nonsense you find on ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 most of the time when they haven't bought crap from the USA. If you could make sure that such derivative 4th rate tripe doesn't get on the airwaves, and make the BBC save money by cancelling Eastenders, then I might go for the idea though.

It makes me laugh that the grandaughter is so upset by the whole story and the invasion of her privacy. So upset she runs off to the red tops and tells everyone every detail about the fling in question for a wedge of cash. Odd way to claim the moral highground.

I'd be glad to pay for Planet Earth and I might even pay to have Eastenders scrapped but the number of BBC programmes I watch in a month can be counted on the fingers of one hand. The licence money should be spent on ensuring that all England cricket, football, rugby and championship boxing should be availible to the public without extra payment.

Absolutely agree. The Beeb's output is shocking. I would watch the occasional period drama (something that it does very well) however the vast majority of stuff is crap. MOTD would be the only programme I watch with any regularity.

My dad just took voluntary redundancy and a nice pension. He (and 99 others) could get out of there quick enough. The place is being run by accountants and people with all the journalistic merit of Christine Bleakley - hence the desperate quality of the programming. Proper journos (like my dad) are simply sick of the organisation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...se-scandal.html

Seriously...this is too much now...

I thought Mr Sachs handled himself well up until this point but this is excessive.

He's turning into Norman Wisdom!

My dad just took voluntary redundancy and a nice pension. He (and 99 others) could get out of there quick enough.

He could simply have resigned sooner if his strong principles would have allowed it matt. :rolleyes:

Archived