BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Striker Needed?

Re. Mr E - Roberts one of the top goalscorers in the league?! Can I have some of what your having please mate? Brightened up my day reading that.

At Wigan he scored 21 goals in the Championship, then 14 in the Prem. That is a great record by any means. The reason why he hasn't scored as many for us is simply because we don't use him as a regular.

At Wigan he scored 21 goals in the Championship, then 14 in the Prem. That is a great record by any means. The reason why he hasn't scored as many for us is simply because we don't use him as a regular.

....and we don't use him as a regular because he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Serious question here, how is Julio looking? I've not been to a reserve game to see him perform but if he's doing well maybe our answer lies there?

Not a realistic consideration TBH, certainly not for immediate entry into the first team. That however doesn't mean he won't be getting a game, but I'd suggest he's not here on talent alone ^_^

Marsall's still very raw - still only in his first proper season - file under 'potential'.

Banton's still only playing U-16s. Hitchy is progressing well but still only U18s.

Bottom line - we haven't got a forward/striker coming through, but awash with some lively wide/attacking midfielders such as Doran & Judge that can score.

Is it true we've had another triallist striker in this week?

Serious question here, how is Julio looking? I've not been to a reserve game to see him perform but if he's doing well maybe our answer lies there?

Haven't seen him myself but from i gather he has scored 2 goals and made 3 assists in 3 games.

I know a lot of people reckon we just brought him in to please Roque, but if i recall Hughes had him on trial a couple of times and was reportedly impressed.

Setanta was running an article saying that Julio has been told if he continues to work hard and impress he may well play for the full team soon:

http://www.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Footb...Premier-League/

Archived