BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season On Season Comparison

Ricky

Dont want to worry anyone really but this season is really starting to remind me of the 98/99 - which is not a good sign

We are not performing at home, apart from a few wins on the road we would be deeper in it than we are, what is concerning is that we should be beating the likes of Sunderland at Ewood. Last week in the 2nd half was when it really dawned on me that we are in for a bad season, we have no leaders to take this by the scruff of the neck, no creativity (Carlos is clearly not up to this standard yet and cant be expected to be a whirlwind in the scrap we are in) and we are not scoring goals, conceding for fun.

And... we have to go to Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Anfield and Emirates in the 2nd half of the season. If Roque goes in January and we do not replace effectively then I dread to think about May

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 98/99 Rovers sacked their manager (Hodgson) after the 14th game of the season, a 2-0 defeat at home to Southampton.

We had 9 points at the time and we were bottom of the league. Perhaps history will repeat itself? Hopefully not with the result at the end of the season.

I'd not like to play at Ewood, knowing that the 5 fans who bother to turn up do nowt but moan, criticise and whinge and demand the moon on a stick. You can turn up to work in any job and sense a bad atmosphere of negativity, and that makes you worry about failing, and will affect performance. We have all had jobs where we dread going into work. The problem is that the fans have been miserable and negative from the moment Hughes left. From that second on, it has been decided that we will be relegated, and issues like Bentley leaving, Fowler's low risk yet pointless signing etc. has made it worse.

It may turn into a self-fulfilled prophecy, and then the Celtic fans, golfists and Japanese airlines can dance on the grave of Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

Cue loads of the muppet brigade missing the point and responding with "OK, we should all be happy we're going to relegated then you ____."

I'd not like to play at Ewood, knowing that the 5 fans who bother to turn up do nowt but moan, criticise and whinge and demand the moon on a stick. You can turn up to work in any job and sense a bad atmosphere of negativity, and that makes you worry about failing, and will affect performance. We have all had jobs where we dread going into work. The problem is that the fans have been miserable and negative from the moment Hughes left. From that second on, it has been decided that we will be relegated, and issues like Bentley leaving, Fowler's low risk yet pointless signing etc. has made it worse.

It may turn into a self-fulfilled prophecy, and then the Celtic fans, golfists and Japanese airlines can dance on the grave of Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

I said that it wouldn't be long before the fans who criticise Ince's tenure are blamed for the football on the pitch.

It was so obvious, it was untrue.

I said that it wouldn't be long before the fans who criticise Ince's tenure are blamed for the football on the pitch.

It was so obvious, it was untrue.

The players and staff are aware of a hardcore of moaning miserable @#/?s who are always willing to put them down at every opportunity, it can't have a positive effect can it?

The problem is that the fans have been miserable and negative from the moment Hughes left.

Not true. A lot of fans were excited by the prospect of Laudrup or Advocaat managing us. And even when Ince was appointed a lot of people said it was a godsend compared to Big Sam. So I don't agree with that at all.

The reason we're losing is not because of the fans. It's because of problems in personnel, tactics, and man-management. All the fundamentals needed for success.

The players and staff are aware of a hardcore of moaning miserable @#/?s who are always willing to put them down at every opportunity, it can't have a positive effect can it?

Want to back that up with a bit of evidence Aggy?

Pretty sure they have ears, Den.

This is silly talk ADB.

Yes, Ryan Nelsen has commented in the LT about some of the criticism that Ince has got. No doubt he's read that in the LT, or heard booing at the end of the S'land game.

But to say this is behind the performances is naive indeed.

I think the murmurs of dissent came early season when people could see our potential as a club dwindling. For one, the young staff that Hughes implemented was being replaced by Ray Mathias and Archie Knox. Then we have a summer where most of our transfer speculation revolves around Robbie Fowler and Keith Andrews. Two low-key signings who are cliquey with the manager. Hardly the news you want coming out of a club that needs to reinforce its ambition. Then our best player leaves the club and seemingly nothing was done to replace him. A few links to Joaquin and Pennant, but that was about it. Securing Bentley's successor should have been our utmost priority.

Not only that, but when Steven Gerrard gives a more confident interview than Ince it's another reason for the fans to worry. We need someone who can stand up and be counted. Ince often looked sheepish in his interviews, which is very surprising considering his swagger and ego.

Am I going to tell you who told me. No.

But anyone that's played any sort of sport should know you can feel any negativity flowing from the sidelines, it doesn't help, just adds to the nerves.

They shouldn't be professional sportsmen then. It's a man's game and they must deal with a bit of criticism. Top men can.

They shouldn't be professional sportsmen then. It's a man's game and they must deal with a bit of criticism. Top men can.

If only it was so easy Den. I wish I lived in your world :D

Talking of 'top men' taking it, I remember Beckham getting subbed at halftime one season after cracking up in the first half and giving the fingers to the BBE. :lol:

All I see is sniping, point scoring, and petty stupidity from some when what is needed is a clear and calm headed approach to sort out a slump. I have occaisionally fallen into this habit myself, and I apologise for it. Sure, things look crap, and Ince has made some mistakes, I do not deny that. Other than making snidy comments and wanting to be proven right at the expense of the results, so many of you so called fans have a desire to settle scores between other Rovers fans, or to boo players because of where their last club is. There is little or no support and encouragement within the club, no desire to unite and fight our way into better form. The club is more than the players and the manager, it involves the fans, the board and the town of Blackburn. Right now we don't need scumbags who rub their hands at every goal conceded by us, they are the enemy. We need to work together, offer constructive criticism, try to rally our players to be better, to strive for success. It is frustrating that we have gone a bit ___ right now, but having a punch up in the bar whilst the ship needs its leaks repaired is not the right way to go about a recovery.

If constant moaning, point scoring, refusal to offer meaningful and constructive criticism and a generally negative attitude makes you a Blackburn fan, then consider me a season ticket holder at Turf Moor.

Have you read that last message Den? It was a call to arms. A call to say, yes, there have been mistakes made, Ince has been iffy, but let us try to unite and strive to fight our way up the table. Yes, things are crap, but lets use our energies in a more constructive, supportive way. What is so bad about that?

Have you read that last message Den? It was a call to arms. A call to say, yes, there have been mistakes made, Ince has been iffy, but let us try to unite and strive to fight our way up the table. Yes, things are crap, but lets use our energies in a more constructive, supportive way. What is so bad about that?

My difference with your posts Billy, are when you're saying that the fans are to blame for the teams performances. Do you still take that point of view, or are you now changing tactics?

That's right Den, shout him down.

Billy, those are my thoughts exactly. But I can't see our "fans" rallying, half of 'em belong on the Spurs/Newcastle boards. Ignore them the best you can.

You're telling me that I don't support my team ADB?

As for "That's right Den, shout him down." Take a look at Billy's latest posts and tell me who's shouting. :D

He isn't replying to an obviously well thought out post with "rubbish" and not much else.

And what makes you think I was talking about you Den? Or do you subconsciously think you are one of the negative ones who can't wait for Ince to fail. ;)

Yes he is.

Another general charge against anonymous fans. Often get's used when posters can't verify these accusations.

In my first post I was saying that the general negative atmosphere around the club may subconciously affect the players at home, and therefore the fans may be playing a part in the maintainence of the current slump. That is not to say that fans are entirely to blame, as you want me to have said. Then in my second post, my message was to say "come on guys, let us pull together and encourage the team to improve". I probably did not make myself clear and got carried away, but I get so frustrated by those who only condemn, and not encourage. Oh and change your avatar Den, Kill Bill was/were pants!

Now is that clear enough for all?

In my first post I was saying that the general negative atmosphere around the club may subconciously affect the players at home, and therefore the fans may be playing a part in the maintainence of the current slump. That is not to say that fans are entirely to blame, as you want me to have said. Then in my second post, my message was to say "come on guys, let us pull together and encourage the team to improve". I probably did not make myself clear and got carried away, but I get so frustrated by those who only condemn, and not encourage. Oh and change your avatar Den, Kill Bill was/were pants!

Now is that clear enough for all?

This is a discussion forum though.

I agree booing down at Ewood certainly isn't the way forward and it should be much more about encouragement there, but when it comes to this place then you're bound to see a more critical side. There's a tiny minority of posters who troll, say Ince is useless without anything to back it up, but most people who have been heavily critical of the appointment and of the subsequent results aren't doing that. I'm sure and hope that the vasy majority of those people will be getting behind the team when it matters, but fact is it's pretty pointless doing so repeatedly on here.

Or do you want this forum reduced to mindless "Come on Incey!" posts?

I personally don't like Ince as a person or a manager and don't like the staff he's brought in either. Knox, Mathias, Winterburn? The team is heading towards relegation as far as I can see right now, however I am still going to Tottenham tomorrow and will not give up on the club. I try to get behind Ince while he is our manager and will admit I have got on his back on the odd rare occasion but untill he leaves I will have no alternative other than to support him. He doesnt seem to have any ideas of how to win a game and I cant remember us winning a game by more than 1 goal all season, 13 games in. The whole team isnt closing down and defending and when it comes to attacking the gap between striker/s and the other 9/10 players is huge meaning we lose the ball very quickly. Lets all hope that either Ince sorts it out or we find someone who can because we are heading down. IMO Ince isnt harsh enough, clever enough or passionate enough to get us out of this, but as a Rovers fan I really hope I'm wrong.

Archived