BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Moviestar

I was watching "The Business" last night on dvd and wondered what Nick Love was going to do next. I checked the internet and he is in the process of filming the remake of the 80's hooligan movie "The Firm"

At the bottom of the page it said extras needed, no experience necessary, so just for a laugh i sent in some photos and my contact number.

This morning i had an e-mail reply saying my photos have been shortlisted and put on file. Then this afternoon i had a phone call saying i have been chosen to be part of the firm and could i be in London for 7am Sunday for hair and make up and costume fitting to do filming all day!!!!

totally shocked!

It's nothing major i know but just to be part of it and see myself on the big screen in a few scenes, a few seconds max probably getting my head kicked in will do me.

I'm not sure i can make it though, Sunday is such short notice and i live about 300 miles from London. I've got a place to stay near London but i'm back to reality on Monday as I'm back in my real job and can't get the day off.

The lady said it's only £40 for the day but i don't care about the money, i just wanted to be part of it.

If i don't go i know i will regret it.

I took the ladies number and said i would get back to her before Sunday. I really don't know what to do?

I once did three days as an extra at Park Hall during the filming of Bryan Forbes movie 'International Velvet' staring the then child star Tatum O'Neal.

I remember the pay was better than what I was earning at the time, I took three days off work and was much better off.

The total footage that ended up in the film was about 5 seconds worth, needless to say none of the crowd scenes I was involved in was used. Great experience though, make the effort to get down there and enjoy the day.

Hope you have better luck than I did and get on screen :tu:

I was watching "The Business" last night on dvd and wondered what Nick Love was going to do next. I checked the internet and he is in the process of filming the remake of the 80's hooligan movie "The Firm"

At the bottom of the page it said extras needed, no experience necessary, so just for a laugh i sent in some photos and my contact number.

This morning i had an e-mail reply saying my photos have been shortlisted and put on file. Then this afternoon i had a phone call saying i have been chosen to be part of the firm and could i be in London for 7am Sunday for hair and make up and costume fitting to do filming all day!!!!

totally shocked!

It's nothing major i know but just to be part of it and see myself on the big screen in a few scenes, a few seconds max probably getting my head kicked in will do me.

I'm not sure i can make it though, Sunday is such short notice and i live about 300 miles from London. I've got a place to stay near London but i'm back to reality on Monday as I'm back in my real job and can't get the day off.

The lady said it's only £40 for the day but i don't care about the money, i just wanted to be part of it.

If i don't go i know i will regret it.

I took the ladies number and said i would get back to her before Sunday. I really don't know what to do?

You might never get the opportunity again so give it a go,what have you got to lose?

At least one day you can turn around and say that you was once in a film.

I once got on BBC northwest for about 10 seconds (speaking part! :D ) and i have also been in the football magazine `90 minutes` and it was nice that all my family got to see it and i even got people in the town coming up to me saying `hey i saw you on tv last night,nice one`.

You never know,it might lead to bigger things or it might be a one off but don`t put yourself in a position where in a couple of months time you say to yourself `i wish i had said yes`.

As the saying goes you are only here once make the most of it.

You might never get the opportunity again so give it a go,what have you got to lose?

At least one day you can turn around and say that you was once in a film.

I once got on BBC northwest for about 10 seconds (speaking part! :D ) and i have also been in the football magazine `90 minutes` and it was nice that all my family got to see it and i even got people in the town coming up to me saying `hey i saw you on tv last night,nice one`.

You never know,it might lead to bigger things or it might be a one off but don`t put yourself in a position where in a couple of months time you say to yourself `i wish i had said yes`.

As the saying goes you are only here once make the most of it.

Err his job! :rolleyes:

But get in there Presty. I was an extra for 5 days in a film once and it was great fun and good pay too in those days. Doubtless it'd bloody boring if you did it all the time though. Beware though anything TV'ish will likely be a puffs paradise.

Unfortunately I didn't go.

It was just too short notice and with my finances, the traveling distance and work commitments, it just wasn't on the cards.

I am slightly gutted, would of been amazing to meet the cast and I will probably regret it more when the film comes out but the bottom line is I couldn't do it and I can at least hold onto the fact i was selected and turned them down because of the circumstances.

My glass is half full B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived