BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelsea Match Preview

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another poor performance from Rovers in this game should seriously put Inces neck on the line. The excuses cant carry on hes been here for over four months brought in five players goals win games.

The game last for 90 minutes plus thats plenty of time for Rovers to do something.

Another poor performance from Rovers in this game should seriously put Inces neck on the line. The excuses cant carry on hes been here for over four months brought in five players goals win games.

The game last for 90 minutes plus thats plenty of time for Rovers to do something.

Whilst there are a few questions flying around over the direction in which we're going I think it's a little harsh to be putting "Inces neck on the line" with the Chelsea game.

Having said that I really don't want to see us roll over in the manner of the Arsenal game. Yes they're a great side but it should never be easy coming to Ewood.

WHAT?!?!

You total and utter numpty.

What excuses has he used? The simple fact of the matter is we are missing a couple of players.

I have faith in Ince.

"Neck on the line" - what are we Newcastle fans??????????

Rovers survive on continuity.

I think JAL's point was that the performance is the most important thing - we know we're going to lose, but meek surrender ala United/Arsenal will not be acceptable.

Neck on the line is too far, but we must go down fighting.

Having said that I really don't want to see us roll over in the manner of the Arsenal game. Yes they're a great side but it should never be easy coming to Ewood.

That's what most fans will be looking for Bob. No-one realistically expects anything but a defeat [and that's a first for me ;) ], and particularly with having so many players out, it's important that the team show some kind of game plan. Even if we lose by four goals or more, although that would be bad enough, evidence that Ince, - at least - has learned something from the Arse/Man U games is important. That would be something to grasp.

Roma certainly showed the rest of the world how to play against Chelsea last night, or at least how to play against a Drogba-less Chelsea.

Without Drogba and Essien they are missing a little bit of physical presence so the tactics of the back four playing a relatively high line outside the penalty area and denying space by having the midfield four just in front very effectively stopped Chelsea playing throgh the middle and blunted their attacks even though Chelsea had masses of posession. That is an approach Rovers can and should be able to replicate on Sunday.

Roma also counter-attacked accurately and with pace, something which we simply don't have the personnel available nor do we have a ball-retainer/holder to enable players to get up when we go forwards.

We can expect Chelsea to rip into us from the off. If we can hold it at 0-0 for the first 25 minutes then it is game on. If we are so daft as to go at them straight from the kick-off and we had a bright first ten minutes against both Arsenal and Man U, then we have simply got to score any chances we make.

i doubt it with people like you!!. Even if Rovers won the god damb league, they would still be people criticising Ince!

Whatever, mate. Take your immature comments elsewhere. You don't know jack about me.

No doubt the stupid anti Ince idiots , will be thinking Ince is god when we beat Chelsea on Sunday!!!

its not an anti-ince brigade as season ticket holders we want whats best for the club , support the club , etc as we'll be there long after Ince or ever else is in charge - But unfortunately so far results havent been the best - Roma have given us hope but on the other hand I just hope we are not on the receiving end of a Chelsea backlash

Whatever, mate. Take your immature comments elsewhere. You don't know jack about me.

i am not your mate for starters, i think if u look closer, u are the one who is coming across very immature.

What kind of fan are you by the way, do u actually go and watch Rovers? Paul Ince needs time, like when Hughes 1st came in, not a few numpties like you getting on his back every passing week. Give it rest and get behined him and the team.

I am rather glad i don't know jack about you as well!!!

Whilst there are a few questions flying around over the direction in which we're going I think it's a little harsh to be putting "Inces neck on the line" with the Chelsea game.

Yes, saying Inces neck on the line is probably a tad too harsh, what I want to see though is non of this defeatist stuff from the players if we go a goal down its a home game and I want to see ''committment with purpose from the first whistle to the last''.

I think JAL's point was that the performance is the most important thing - we know we're going to lose, but meek surrender ala United/Arsenal will not be acceptable.

Neck on the line is too far, but we must go down fighting.

Yep, thats what I meant Tugay4England, no meek surrender to the opposition blaming officials etc,.

i am not your mate for starters, i think if u look closer, u are the one who is coming across very immature.

I'm not the tool saying sceptical fans would still be unhappy if Ince did the impossible.

To be honest, you and Hughesy's sarcasm is becoming boring.

What next, joke that Ince started WW2?

Ince bombed Pearl Harbour?

Ince nuked Hiroshima?

lolzroffle. Can't wait!

:lol:

You, mate, have been coming across as a 12 year old since the very day you started posting on this site. You ought to learn to spell before criticising the intelligence of your fellow posters. If there's a dafter member of this messageboard than you I'll show my arse.

The difference between when hughes came in and when ince started is one inherited a team that finished 7th with some quality players, and the other picked a team that looked odds on for relegation. People making comparisons between the two starts need to realise the situation is completely different.

As for the game, am very nervous about it - especially as we seem to avoid the physical game these days - and games such as this need to be a scrap and a fight for rovers to get anything out of it.

IF Ince does decide to set out his formation and tactics with a scrap in mind - given injuries and a bit of a wobble of late - rovers could get a draw. However if we try to outplay them we'll be stuffed, simple as.

i doubt it with people like you!!. Even if Rovers won the god damb league, they would still be people criticising Ince!

yes people would so that your right!! pillok! but i think if rovers got relegated you would still be saying ince needs time!!

its not an anti-ince brigade as season ticket holders we want whats best for the club , support the club , etc as we'll be there long after Ince or ever else is in charge - But unfortunately so far results havent been the best - Roma have given us hope but on the other hand I just hope we are not on the receiving end of a Chelsea backlash

ill second that!! obviously we all want rovers to do well and be winning, im not saying sack ince! im just think results should have beeen better than they have been. we should be beating teams like bolton, boro, west ham, west brom etc etc...

Don't normally read these previews, but glad I did after reading such an informative, well-written, comprehensive preview - congrats 1864, thanks - much appreciated.

Okay - prediction. 3-2 win to Rovers.

What do I know that you lot don't? Well, I've seen the Chelsea team line-up for Sunday.

Our formation? Well, are we down to reading tea leaves yet? Much as I'd like a reshuffle at centre-back, I doubt he will for this game. I think he may be tempted to put Warny back at left back, with Peds on left wing. Can't decide on right back, think he will stick with Simpson. Centre mid, I think Moko will get a recall (if Grella not fit), with Andrews alongside him. Up front Villanueva in favoured hole/second striker position behind Roque. Right wing is the head scratcher with Emo being out - is it too early for Doran? Ince is certainly bold enough, Aaron is good enough but he may play safe after all & put Derbs there.

IMO Ince will address what he needs to in terms of the style of the football; they're obviously confident enough to try to take the game to teams but (dare I say) could take a leaf from the Hughes anti-football coaching manual, play tough, clear their lines and 'play percentages'. Enough Hansen-twaddle, let's 'have some' !

1864 - when did Bates live in Wheelton? Was it true he always used to bring his own chef to Ewood as he didn't think our food was up to his standards?

Archived